**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Not sure but I think it was possible for one max with the original core.

Not sure about your second point either. Think JC would've had to go tho.

And when is the last time pg played the 2?
If we got rid of just Deng, we would have roughly 65.8 mil in cap space for next summer. It is enough to sign Boogie and PG since they would eligible for 4 year deals at 30.6 mil a year each. We wouldn’t have to lose JC.

And well, PG hasn’t played SG since his first two years in the NBA, but he could do it.

I don't think a single person defended the Mozgov and Deng signings. At most, people said we'll have to make do and see what happens but no one defended those signings at those contracts.

Find me even one post from me or anyone else that said those were good moves.

I don't even know if you were here posting regularly to be honest. I've searched for the 2016 Lakers off-season thread but can't find anything more than a page of the entire thread. I'm not lying though, there were definitely dudes in here talking about market value this and defending Mitch and Jim's decision. There were people even in the NBA 2016 off-season thread saying it wasn't a bad signing, starts around page 190.

As for what could have been, had Mitch and Jim not signed those deals, we realistically could have kept D'Lo, Clarkson and resigned Randle and gotten a max guy. Randle's cap hold, plus D'Lo's salary next year is equal to about what Deng is making going into next summer. But still the likelihood of having 10 young guys all on the roster to begin the 2019 would have been slim to none. At that point a couple would likely be packaged to acquire another star if they were able to bring one in essentially being in the same position they hope to be in next summer. 2 stars and a nucleus that includes at least 2 cornerstone guys.

LOL Mitch

lonzo saying his shooting struggles are mental.. nah, it will always be that stupid form.

I like telling myself that kuzma was our 2nd overall draft pick... kekekekeke

lonzo saying his shooting struggles are mental.. nah, it will always be that stupid form.

I like telling myself that kuzma was our 2nd overall draft pick... kekekekeke

He shot over 40% from NBA range in college. And always shot deep in high school. The form has never been an issue. Most of his misses now are always online.

Last edited:
Life for LA would be a little easier if both of those contracts were 3 years instead of 4.

I would've maxed them out for two or three years instead of the salaries they got for four years.

Life for LA would be a little easier if both of those contracts were 3 years instead of 4.

Or 2 or 1 like they had done the previous summers after failing to bring a star here. 4 was a gaddamn joke and if it wasn't for Phil giving Noah 4/72 they would have given out the 2 worst deals that entire off-season.

CD6AAADE-FC97-4CF2-93BE-4CD47E0850C7.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom