**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

He ain't shooting with confidence right now. In college his shots was going straight through the net. Now even when he makes jumpers it's like they rattling through the rim. A lot of his misses are going in and out.

jason-kidd-soda.gif

He ain't shooting with confidence right now. In college his shots was going straight through the net. Now even when he makes jumpers it's like they rattling through the rim. A lot of his misses are going in and out.

Lol I would see on Snapchat that during practice he would be near automatic

But during the game his form is not as smooth

Probably all mental

I have no concerns.

On anything.

It's only been 10 games.

He's a rookie.

This is only his 2nd year coaching.

We need to wait at least... actually I don't know the number. 10 years? 5 years? 3?... before we can complain about anything.

"Everything about everything is going to be perfect. We just need to smile through the terribleness and... wait."
- They

All that is trivial.

Worry about Magic and Rob wasting multiple lottery picks to chase aging stars. THAT'S a concern.

Walton playing Bogut 7 minutes of one game, or Randle only playing 27 minutes instead of 29, or Deng played 13 minutes of a single game this year, those aren't things to worry about at all.

Losing our asses off for years to acquire solid young talent, and then letting them all go for "cap space" is a real concern.

We could in theory give away DLo, Moz, Lopez, KCP, Randle, and Clarkson to chase PG and Bron. That is the stuff of nightmares. :frown:

If we have nothing to show for the 7th overall pick in 2014 and the 2nd overall pick in 2015, I'll be heated. We really need to make a splash in free agency. The crappy part is that I can see Randle really flourishing in a situation with better coaching and more play makers around him.

If we have nothing to show for the 7th overall pick in 2014 and the 2nd overall pick in 2015, I'll be heated. We really need to make a splash in free agency. The crappy part is that I can see Randle really flourishing in a situation with better coaching and more play makers around him.
Exactly what I said few days ago
LeBron is coming he has too

Perhaps if Jim and Mitch didn’t sign crappy aging FAs to long and costly contracts, we wouldn’t be having these issues of retaining some of our future.

Perhaps if Jim and Mitch didn’t sign crappy aging FAs to long and costly contracts, we wouldn’t be having these issues of retaining some of our future.

Same ones whining about losing young talent were the same ones co-signing those deals. Losing Brook, Moz or KCP is of no concern. Randle a bit, but he could or JC be retained if they can find a sucka for Deng's deal involving the other.

Is there really no chance we keep our core and build? Lebron really wants to come here huh? Sure sounds like it

It seems mag and rob have identified Zo, BI and Kuz and the only youngsters worth keeping

Again, long and costly? It was 4 years, which we'd be done with half after this season, and the core wouldn't even be turning 23-24 yet.

The point was to let the young core grow and develop, not throw it all away with the pipedream of signing a 33 year old legend during his final days. That's flat out ludicrous.

I’m really hoping the Lebron to LA narrative is something his camp cooked up to gain leverage with Gilbert. What good will a 35-36 year old Lebron do for us for 2 seasons? So shortsighted

Again, long and costly? It was 4 years, which we'd be done with half after this season, and the core wouldn't even be turning 23-24 yet.

The point was to let the young core grow and develop, not throw it all away with the pipedream of signing a 33 year old legend during his final days. That's flat out ludicrous.
Why you implying that only LeBron wants to come here? It could be PG or Boogie.

And let’s just imply we kept the core until 23 or 24 and let Mozgov/Deng go. Would we even have the cap space to even get a superstar when we are forced to sign the young dudes to a near max deal? We would probably be stuck being a fringe playoff team at best.

The best move would have been to just sign Mozgov and Deng to one or two year deals instead of tying up our flexibility during free agency. But noooo, Jim and Mitch panicked because they couldn’t get any stars from free agency and threw money at them.

Reactions: MVP
If it's Boogie and PG they fit the timeline far better than Bron or PG/Boogie would.

Magic is trying to clean up Jim and Mitch's mess. Nance Jr, Hart and Zu are still here no matter what thanks to their numbers being so low.

I’m really hoping the Lebron to LA narrative is something his camp cooked up to gain leverage with Gilbert. What good will a 35-36 year old Lebron do for us for 2 seasons? So shortsighted

Everything the Lakers do is shortsighted. Our fanbase isn't used to losing and isn't down for a wholesale rebuild. Look at the people already calling Zo a bust. They said the same things about Ingram and Dlo. We need to be patient or else we'll become the Knicks of the Western Conference, always chasing after big names as opposed to putting together a roster that fits.

It was unrealistic that every single young guy we drafted would be on this team years later. It never happens. Mitch and Jim signing those stupid deals with Deng and Moz expedited the timeline cause there's a limited window where free agents would be available and we have corresponding cap space available.

You can't simultaneously defend those deals and cry about D'Lo and Randle being let go. One led to the other.

Last edited:
We can get pg or cuz without getting rid of any of the core. And pg plays the same spot as the untouchable Brandon Ingram so..
First off, I was talking about the original core we had with DLo, and you all know what happened with that.

Second, i can agree that we don’t have to get rid of any of the core if we were to max one of those two, BUT, we might still risk losing Randle in the offseason.

Third, PG can play shooting guard also.

It was unrealistic that every single young guy we drafted would be on this team years later. It never happens. Mitch and Jim signing those stupid deals with Deng and Moz expedited the timeline cause there's a limited window where free agents would be available and we have corresponding cap space available.

You can't simultaneously defend those deals and cry about D'Lo and Randle being let go. One led to the other.

I don't think a single person defended the Mozgov and Deng signings. At most, people said we'll have to make do and see what happens but no one defended those signings at those contracts.

Find me even one post from me or anyone else that said those were good moves.

First off, I was talking about the original core we had with DLo, and you all know what happened with that.

Second, i can agree that we don’t have to get rid of any of the core if we were to max one of those two, BUT, we might still risk losing Randle in the offseason.

Third, PG can play shooting guard also.

Not sure but I think it was possible for one max with the original core.

Not sure about your second point either. Think JC would've had to go tho.

And when is the last time pg played the 2?

Back
Top Bottom