**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Luke gotta use Zo the way UCLA did. Actually saw a catch and shoot play for him tonite. Offense should probably run thru Ingram or Russell.

Serious question: why can't Zo make lay-ups? He can be right there at the basket with an open lay-up and he'll blow it. He contorts his body or double pumps when he should just for the easy lay-in. I can understand him missing outside shots but missing lay-ins is unacceptable.

I'm about to order Ingram's jersey in gold. They haven't released the Association ones (Sunday whites) anywhere have they or does anybody have the release date?

Serious question: why can't Zo make lay-ups? He can be right there at the basket with an open lay-up and he'll blow it. He contorts his body or double pumps when he should just for the easy lay-in. I can understand him missing outside shots but missing lay-ins is unacceptable.

Even though he’s technically right handed, he’s way more comfortable finishing with his left I’ve noticed. To the point where he awkwardly tries to finish with his left too much when he should be using his right

I like how he gets aggressive after kyrie scores on him. I think it happened twice and made both basket

Heading to the Wiz/Laker game tonight :smokin

got my custom 1’s game ready

60C823FD-230E-4B26-B723-6686A7764F46.jpeg

only caught the 4th quarter, just baffled how aron baynes dropped 20
rebounding was terrible there was one out of bounds play where someone went over the back on lonzo and then they called it out on lonzo.
brook and kuz only dropped 10 each.
Lonzo just needs to not listen to anyone and play within himself and get the W.

I'd like to see Lonzo, KCP, BI, Kuzma Randle as a lineup to counteract "death" lineups where there's no true center.

His shooting is atrocious no doubt, but weren’t you one of the guys telling us it’s too soon to criticize [redacted] because it was only his second year?

Side note, absolutely love how Zo sprints back when he makes a bad play, be it turnover or missed layup, and gets a chase down block or steal. Love that hustle

I have no concerns.

On anything.

It's only been 10 games.

He's a rookie.

This is only his 2nd year coaching.

We need to wait at least... actually I don't know the number. 10 years? 5 years? 3?... before we can complain about anything.

"Everything about everything is going to be perfect. We just need to smile through the terribleness and... wait."
- They

Rookie/young guards can't shoot and always have the roughest/longest time transitioning in the league so I'm not too worried. Compare him to the other rookie pgs and none of them can really shoot yet.

D'lo TS was 50.7 his rookie year, 51.8 his 2nd year & 53.2 so far in his 3rd year and a majority of people in this thread were claiming he couldn't shoot and couldn't wait to ship him outta town. Heh. Lonzo is at 35.2%. Thats why you don't give up on a guard that can shoot and run the half court offense but I digress. Lonzo will be fine... eventually. Just need him to pick it up this season so that LeBron won't be deterred by Lonzo's shooting.

Last edited:
I have no concerns.

On anything.

It's only been 10 games.

He's a rookie.

This is only his 2nd year coaching.

We need to wait at least... actually I don't know the number. 10 years? 5 years? 3?... before we can complain about anything.

"Everything about everything is going to be perfect. We just need to smile through the terribleness and... wait."
- They

As you shouldn't, he's been a plus on defense which nobody expected and basically been rookie J. Kidd on O through 11 games.

Back
Top Bottom