**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I love Lonzo as much as the next guy but those expecting 15+ 10 and 9 are going to be dissapointed. He starts slow (first game of summer league, first game of preseason). Plus he barely has played meaningful basketball since July. I expect 8 4 and 4 on 35% shooting. He'll eventually get comfortable and have an impact but don't expect it before December.

I love Lonzo as much as the next guy but those expecting 15+ 10 and 9 are going to be dissapointed. He starts slow (first game of summer league, first game of preseason). Plus he barely has played meaningful basketball since July. I expect 8 4 and 4 on 35% shooting. He'll eventually get comfortable and have an impact but don't expect it before December.

Expecting 8, 4, 4 from the 2nd pick overall?

Lavar would drop his own son from BBB

Reactions: DLF
the concerns I had about Lonzo's game pre-draft are still there. Dude can't go right and pull up with his shooting mechanics. Couple that with his passive nature and it will be a tough adjustment on offense at the NBA level. He is way to passive when he drives, sometimes giving up easy floaters/layups in favor of kicking it out to a 3-point shooter.

his mechanics are here to stay, so going right and pulling up will be a long-term issue. Defenders can force him right and play the drive by backing off and forcing him to shoot the jumper going right.

On the plus side, he is an active rebounder as a guard, a long defender who will improve on defense, and a brilliant passer who creates positive energy and chemistry/morale on the team with his passing. Scoring is his major weakness

Biggest concern heading into the season is that the defense hasn't looked any better heading to into year two with Luke. I want to see the team compete on defense tonight.

Lonzo dropping 50 tonight lets go

ALuU0Hj.gif

Just give me 2-3 kuzma highlights and that should suffice

a win would be cool too, but I dont wanna stretch it

Back
Top Bottom