Korryn Gaines, Cradling Child and Shotgun, is Fatally Shot By Police

I saw her IG, yeah a lot of it's anti cop. She was a lil loony but I still have no reason to not suspect foul play from the cops. She had a history of documenting her own interactions with them, right or wrong.

Nah, nope, not gon do it. Anything police release officially is skeptical to me. Especially Baltimore police. No one had body cams either? Convenient.

Who released that pic stitch vid with her loading the shotty, her talking to her son and the officer at the door? I didn't see that on her IG. Why?

There's always an "if" or an excuse or something when it's dealing with police and Black people. Nope. I'll err on the side of caution. I'm giving the victims every benefit of the doubt, just like yall do for the police.

I saw her IG, yeah a lot of it's anti cop. She was a lil loony but I still have no reason to not suspect foul play from the cops. She had a history of documenting her own interactions with them, right or wrong.

Nah, nope, not gon do it. Anything police release officially is skeptical to me. Especially Baltimore police. No one had body cams either? Convenient.

Who released that pic stitch vid with her loading the shotty, her talking to her son and the officer at the door? I didn't see that on her IG. Why?

There's always an "if" or an excuse or something when it's dealing with police and Black people. Nope. I'll err on the side of caution. I'm giving the victims every benefit of the doubt, just like yall do for the police.

That pic stitch is misleading as hell, that clip of her loading her shotty is on her IG posted months ago....I'm pretty sure it was the same shotty she had when killed but that video of her loading it wasn't during the stand off....she been preparing herself for this for a while tho...she knew when the time came, because let's be honest she was out there looking for it (driving with no plates) she was gonna turn the cameras on and start the show, her love for her son was completely dwarfed by the hate for police.

Shorty is an idiot. As a person of color, she should know the police are just itching for a reason to murder us. They come to your residence to arrest you and your abusive boyfriend. You pull out the shotty and have your son in the vicinity of all this . Shorty wanted to make a name for herself. The police were foolish for engaging in fire with this woman while she was holding her child like a meat shield. It goes to show you that they don't really care about black people overall cause they were willing to kill children as well, but shorty brought this all on herself and her child. She put her child in danger. She fed her kid to the wolves. The officers involved in the actual shooting should lose their badge for making such poor judgement. You fire on someone while they are essentially using the innocent as a meat shield. Must've thought this was the movies like they were some top flight gunslinger.

Last edited:
For people comparing that hostge situation that ended with dude not getting shot please use your brains, i know dude is white but he complied with the police thats why it ended with no one getting hurt. Korryn already said they was gonna have to kill her to get her out the crib and was being non compliant. It's unfortunate she wasnt complying and it's unfortunate the cops shot her but when she decided to not comply and talk about shooting it out with the cops you think police gonna run into her crib tasers out when they are on the other end of a shotgun barrel?

For people comparing that hostge situation that ended with dude not getting shot please use your brains, i know dude is white but he complied with the police thats why it ended with no one getting hurt. Korryn already said they was gonna have to kill her to get her out the crib and was being non compliant. It's unfortunate she wasnt complying and it's unfortunate the cops shot her but when she decided to not comply and talk about shooting it out with the cops you think police gonna run into her crib tasers out when they are on the other end of a shotgun barrel?

The white dude in that hostage situation SHOT AT THE POLIICE.

How is that "complying" :lol:.

It CAN be done. That's what's frustrating about this. The Burger King Hostage situation is an example of police policing right.

And it happened recently right here in Baltimore.

If you can't see how it's problematic that the police shoot inside an apt with kids in it after only a few hours....idk what to tell you.

Last edited:

Bruh he shot and put the gun down and walked out with his hands up, thats complying

Bruh he shot and put the gun down and walked out with his hands up, thats complying
Shorty didn't let any shots off 1st tho before they started shooting at her n the kid

Shorty didn't let any shots off 1st tho before they started shooting at her n the kid

she threatened to shoot the cops, she had a shot gun with her, she wasnt complying, you think the cops really gonna mess around with that? Im not saying the cops was in the right but shorty definitely put herself in a jam saying all that crazy ish bro

You admit the police had more options to exercise. Focus on that. 
that's the reason we keep talking in circles

why should we be focusing on that and not the ENTIRE situation? 

why are we picking and choosing when to look at an incident one-sided? 

If this situation as described by the police is true, she was wilding but police have a history of falsifying information to cover up the truth that may hurt their career or department. So without any witness accounts or video footage, I'll assume the police were in the wrong. Irrational? Maybe but they lost my trust a long time ago.

Why were their body cams not working? They conveniently never work when we need them to.

All facts just go out the window, man :lol: the PD even said that they shot first. Yall don't even try.

Why didn't she...why didn't he...

Why didn't the trained professionals do better? Why is the onus on the perceived criminal and not the sworn, paid, trained professional to do what is right? Why are the professionals, that deal with this "dangerous" profession everyday, as they so love to inform us, always frightened of Black people?

So many hypotheticals.

the lady should have just complied and gotten arrested in the first place right?
She messed up as soon as she didn't want to give him her license, dude was bugging but she was also being petty. This is both their faults.

Last edited by a moderator:
All facts just go out the window, man :lol: the PD even said that they shot first. Yall don't even try.

Why didn't she...why didn't he...

Why didn't the trained professionals do better? Why is the onus on the perceived criminal and not the sworn, paid, trained professional to do what is right? Why are the professionals, that deal with this "dangerous" profession everyday, as they so love to inform us, always frightened of Black people?

So many hypotheticals.

Last edited:
Via Reddit:

This is click-bait. In the years I've worked as a legal professional, that's resisting if I ever seen it and far from violent. You do not exit your car, he told her to get back into her car and she refused. He requested her license and insurance, she said no "I don't feel comfortable"(3:10 mark). You can't do that. Lied to him saying she was calling for a second officer, once connected was wanting to "report an officer of harassment (4:00)." It's not harassment for him to do his job. You were pulled over, you disagree? Get an attorney to depo his *** and take him to court.

As an avid I-hate-bad-cops black man, this is not one of those cases. She was the one escalating and refusing commands (the whole video). There is only one way that is going to end. Going to jail. He was clearly going to allow her to speak with the department and request a second officer and was clearly pissed off when she starting filing a complaint (AT A ******* TRAFFIC STOP) AND resisting(4:00). That is not the time or place, *******.

they cut off her fb from live streaming her murder
lol yea THAT'S why. you must not had seen her stuff being posted. it was ignorant

Yet countless ignorant Facebook pages continue to exist. I haven't used FB in a while but there was mad racist and other **** promoting violence etc on there before that was just allowed to exist.

What else is there to focus on in the rest of the situation? Woman made threats and died, little boy was shot, police mishandled the situation. I haven't looked at the incident one sided the entire time, so I don't know who "we" is.

"We" can look at every side of the situation and still know which side is most important.

The reason we're talking in circles is because people are willing to let police do whatever they want as long as they believe the person involved deserved it.

Did they know she was armed before they entered?

Facebook is rubbish. It wasn't meant for us like many things in society, yet we end up being the biggest contributors to it and when it comes time for them to back us, they disappear.

they cut off her fb from live streaming her murder
lol yea THAT'S why. you must not had seen her stuff being posted. it was ignorant

Yet countless ignorant Facebook pages continue to exist. I haven't used FB in a while but there was mad racist and other **** promoting violence etc on there before that was just allowed to exist.

What else is there to focus on in the rest of the situation? Woman made threats and died, little boy was shot, police mishandled the situation. I haven't looked at the incident one sided the entire time, so I don't know who "we" is.

"We" can look at every side of the situation and still know which side is most important.

The reason we're talking in circles is because people are willing to let police do whatever they want as long as they believe the person involved deserved it.

Did they know she was armed before they entered?
they didnt get to enter the home immediately, she had a chain lock on the door but she had her gun with her. There does need to be a change the way police handle situations, but we also as people have to show accountability in a situation such as what happened. She is not philando castile or alton sterling, she put her child in danger by having a gun in her possession while the police were trying to execute and arrest warrant. the blame in those situations fall specifically on negligent racist police officers, this situation is totally different,. Korryn obviously wasn't mentally stable but that doesn't make her not partly responsible for her own fate. She didn't comply with the cops at the traffic stop, she didn't comply when she was ordered to court, and she wasnt compliant when the police went to arrest her for skipping court. It's a sad situation but the whole thing could have easily been avoided.

Via Reddit:

This is click-bait. In the years I've worked as a legal professional, that's resisting if I ever seen it and far from violent. You do not exit your car, he told her to get back into her car and she refused. He requested her license and insurance, she said no "I don't feel comfortable"(3:10 mark). You can't do that. Lied to him saying she was calling for a second officer, once connected was wanting to "report an officer of harassment (4:00)." It's not harassment for him to do his job. You were pulled over, you disagree? Get an attorney to depo his *** and take him to court.

As an avid I-hate-bad-cops black man, this is not one of those cases. She was the one escalating and refusing commands (the whole video). There is only one way that is going to end. Going to jail. He was clearly going to allow her to speak with the department and request a second officer and was clearly pissed off when she starting filing a complaint (AT A ******* TRAFFIC STOP) AND resisting(4:00). That is not the time or place, *******.

This is a different confrontation and a different person.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...arrests-her/?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.0d94389fb6fe

Facebook is rubbish. It wasn't meant for us like many things in society, yet we end up being the biggest contributors to it and when it comes time for them to back us, they disappear.

Every time. But I don't want them to back us, and I don't expect it. Foreign intervention will be the only thing to help us because nothing over here is gonna do it.

Back
Top Bottom