Kissing your parents/children on the mouth Yay or Nay?

You can show your daughter love without having to put your lips on her lips. You kiss people on the lips that you care for in a intimate way. When you kiss someone on the lips you are telling them in a universal language that you care about them as a significant other. I'm sorry, but I don't see the need to kiss my daughter on her lips. I can hug her, kiss her on the cheek/forehead, but the lips are unnecessary. Save the lip kissing for your wife or girlfriend imo.

You can show your daughter love without having to put your lips on her lips. You kiss people on the lips that you care for in a intimate way. When you kiss someone on the lips you are telling them in a universal language that you care about them as a significant other. I'm sorry, but I don't see the need to kiss my daughter on her lips. I can hug her, kiss her on the cheek/forehead, but the lips are unnecessary. Save the lip kissing for your wife or girlfriend imo.

Originally Posted by devildog1776

i kiss my daughter on the lips .... ITS MY DAUGHTER... y'all still little kids in here because the answers are childish with no theory behind the reason you wouldnt kiss your child on the lips. YOU SHOW LOVE TO YOUR CHILDREN BUT YOU DONT MAKE LOVE TO YOUR CHILDREN. 
The reason many of us expressed is that lip kissing is reserved (based on our upbringing/inner-culture) for intimate relationships. Again, not sure why we are being labeled as immature and childish or little kids. Many have expressed the theory as to why we personally wouldn't do it.

There are other ways to show love to your kids.

Hope that makes sense.

i kiss my daughter on the lips .... ITS MY DAUGHTER... y'all still little kids in here because the answers are childish with no theory behind the reason you wouldnt kiss your child on the lips. YOU SHOW LOVE TO YOUR CHILDREN BUT YOU DONT MAKE LOVE TO YOUR CHILDREN. 
The reason many of us expressed is that lip kissing is reserved (based on our upbringing/inner-culture) for intimate relationships. Again, not sure why we are being labeled as immature and childish or little kids. Many have expressed the theory as to why we personally wouldn't do it.

There are other ways to show love to your kids.

Hope that makes sense.

I don't think it's weird at all. People of different cultures show emotion in different ways. One culture may think kissing relatives on the lips is taboo, while that same culture has no problem with having premarital sex. I stopped kissing my parents on the lips a long time, but the expression of affection is not any different from kissing them on the cheeks.

I don't think it's weird at all. People of different cultures show emotion in different ways. One culture may think kissing relatives on the lips is taboo, while that same culture has no problem with having premarital sex. I stopped kissing my parents on the lips a long time, but the expression of affection is not any different from kissing them on the cheeks.

My boys dad used to kiss him in the mouth even in like middle school or something it seems like. Maybe it wasn't, but it seemed like we were kinda young for it to be happening.

It always made me uncomfortable. I'll kiss my kids in the mouth when they're hella little, as soon as they're old enough to understand whats taking place that stuff ceases.

I wasn't getting kissed like that, nor will I be kissing.

My boys dad used to kiss him in the mouth even in like middle school or something it seems like. Maybe it wasn't, but it seemed like we were kinda young for it to be happening.

It always made me uncomfortable. I'll kiss my kids in the mouth when they're hella little, as soon as they're old enough to understand whats taking place that stuff ceases.

I wasn't getting kissed like that, nor will I be kissing.

when my daughter is 15 she wont be no **#%$ because ill be there for her til Iam gone , she wont have no excuses to look for love outside the house until she's at least 18.

indifferent.gif
 How is it childish if people if people don't want to kiss their kids in the mouth. Nothing wrong with it just like there's nothing wrong if you do. It's all a matter of preference,personally I find it really weird but hat's just me. I don't speak for everyone.

when my daughter is 15 she wont be no **#%$ because ill be there for her til Iam gone , she wont have no excuses to look for love outside the house until she's at least 18.

indifferent.gif
 How is it childish if people if people don't want to kiss their kids in the mouth. Nothing wrong with it just like there's nothing wrong if you do. It's all a matter of preference,personally I find it really weird but hat's just me. I don't speak for everyone.

Yeah I guess its a cultural thing to kiss babies on the mouth. Never saw anything wrong with it till I had a convo about it with some friends.

When I was a kid my parents kissed me on the lips till I was about 6 or 7, after that cheeks. If they were to do it to me now (im 21) it would be kinda weird, but I would understand the meaning. They love me, but they're not in love with me obviously. No big deal.

I'm 12 years older than my baby sister and when she was a child I used to kiss her on the lips, cheeks, forehead all the time. Thats my little sister and I love her, you can kiss other people on the lips without it being sexually charged. Now that she's 8, I don't do it though.

I can definitely see how it would be weird for other people who were brought up in a different way though
laugh.gif

Yeah I guess its a cultural thing to kiss babies on the mouth. Never saw anything wrong with it till I had a convo about it with some friends.

When I was a kid my parents kissed me on the lips till I was about 6 or 7, after that cheeks. If they were to do it to me now (im 21) it would be kinda weird, but I would understand the meaning. They love me, but they're not in love with me obviously. No big deal.

I'm 12 years older than my baby sister and when she was a child I used to kiss her on the lips, cheeks, forehead all the time. Thats my little sister and I love her, you can kiss other people on the lips without it being sexually charged. Now that she's 8, I don't do it though.

I can definitely see how it would be weird for other people who were brought up in a different way though
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ekon one

laugh.gif

That's exactly the point. You stop doing it at a certain age. Or people start raising eyebrows and thinking about things that aren't there.If I see you and your sister kiss when she's 13+, I'm going to start questioning whether ur smashin or not

Originally Posted by ekon one

laugh.gif

That's exactly the point. You stop doing it at a certain age. Or people start raising eyebrows and thinking about things that aren't there.If I see you and your sister kiss when she's 13+, I'm going to start questioning whether ur smashin or not

As a kid I used to kiss my mum on the mouth... But the thought of it now gives me the shivers..

Back
Top Bottom