Kissing your parents/children on the mouth Yay or Nay?

As a kid I used to kiss my mum on the mouth... But the thought of it now gives me the shivers..

Originally Posted by Ziostilon

Originally Posted by ekon one

Yeah I guess its a cultural thing to kiss babies on the mouth. Never saw anything wrong with it till I had a convo about it with some friends.

When I was a kid my parents kissed me on the lips till I was about 6 or 7, after that cheeks. If they were to do it to me now (im 21) it would be kinda weird, but I would understand the meaning. They love me, but they're not in love with me obviously. No big deal.

I'm 12 years older than my baby sister and when she was a child I used to kiss her on the lips, cheeks, forehead all the time. Thats my little sister and I love her, you can kiss other people on the lips without it being sexually charged. Now that she's 8, I don't do it though.

I can definitely see how it would be weird for other people who were brought up in a different way though
laugh.gif

That's exactly the point. You stop doing it at a certain age. Or people start raising eyebrows and thinking about things that aren't there.If I see you and your sister kiss when she's 13+, I'm going to start questioning whether ur smashin or not
I would tend to think a person's culture/tradition/values would be greater than social pressure like your giving them weird eyes about it.
People express love for one another in different ways across their lifetimes...is it wrong for you to judge what another man/woman are doing...hell nah go on and judge all you want.  But in terms of it being right/wrong or acceptable/unacceptable, well that's outside your jurisdiction.  

Originally Posted by Ziostilon

Originally Posted by ekon one

Yeah I guess its a cultural thing to kiss babies on the mouth. Never saw anything wrong with it till I had a convo about it with some friends.

When I was a kid my parents kissed me on the lips till I was about 6 or 7, after that cheeks. If they were to do it to me now (im 21) it would be kinda weird, but I would understand the meaning. They love me, but they're not in love with me obviously. No big deal.

I'm 12 years older than my baby sister and when she was a child I used to kiss her on the lips, cheeks, forehead all the time. Thats my little sister and I love her, you can kiss other people on the lips without it being sexually charged. Now that she's 8, I don't do it though.

I can definitely see how it would be weird for other people who were brought up in a different way though
laugh.gif

That's exactly the point. You stop doing it at a certain age. Or people start raising eyebrows and thinking about things that aren't there.If I see you and your sister kiss when she's 13+, I'm going to start questioning whether ur smashin or not
I would tend to think a person's culture/tradition/values would be greater than social pressure like your giving them weird eyes about it.
People express love for one another in different ways across their lifetimes...is it wrong for you to judge what another man/woman are doing...hell nah go on and judge all you want.  But in terms of it being right/wrong or acceptable/unacceptable, well that's outside your jurisdiction.  

kissing your kids on the mouth when they are babies sure, anything older than 2 y/o then it goes strictly cheek. im 22 and i kiss my mom and dad on the cheek all the time, never ever have i kissed them on the lips. thats just gross and its gross when i see it.

kissing your kids on the mouth when they are babies sure, anything older than 2 y/o then it goes strictly cheek. im 22 and i kiss my mom and dad on the cheek all the time, never ever have i kissed them on the lips. thats just gross and its gross when i see it.

No, i can understand if you kiss your kids in the mouth if there really young. I've seen people my age kiss there parents or other people on the mouth, i find it really weird. Whenever i kiss a relative its only a cheek to cheek kind of thing, no lips are involved from either person.

No, i can understand if you kiss your kids in the mouth if there really young. I've seen people my age kiss there parents or other people on the mouth, i find it really weird. Whenever i kiss a relative its only a cheek to cheek kind of thing, no lips are involved from either person.

Originally Posted by devildog1776

i kiss my daughter on the lips .... ITS MY DAUGHTER... y'all still little kids in here because the answers are childish with no theory behind the reason you wouldnt kiss your child on the lips. YOU SHOW LOVE TO YOUR CHILDREN BUT YOU DONT MAKE LOVE TO YOUR CHILDREN.

when my daughter is 15 she wont be no **#%$ because ill be there for her til Iam gone , she wont have no excuses to look for love outside the house until she's at least 18.
Thank you.  Too many teenagers on here talking nonsense when they dont know what its like to even be in the situation.  Dads werent probably there for them. 

i kiss my daughter on the lips .... ITS MY DAUGHTER... y'all still little kids in here because the answers are childish with no theory behind the reason you wouldnt kiss your child on the lips. YOU SHOW LOVE TO YOUR CHILDREN BUT YOU DONT MAKE LOVE TO YOUR CHILDREN.

when my daughter is 15 she wont be no **#%$ because ill be there for her til Iam gone , she wont have no excuses to look for love outside the house until she's at least 18.
Thank you.  Too many teenagers on here talking nonsense when they dont know what its like to even be in the situation.  Dads werent probably there for them. 

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

indifferent.gif
Awesome reply...Lemme just clarify and add on to my statement.  I think its ok to kiss your children on the mouth up to a certain age, after then its whatever

indifferent.gif
Awesome reply...Lemme just clarify and add on to my statement.  I think its ok to kiss your children on the mouth up to a certain age, after then its whatever

It just makes me uncomfortable thinking of kissing my dad on the mouth 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

But hey people are different. 

It just makes me uncomfortable thinking of kissing my dad on the mouth 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

But hey people are different. 

indifferent.gif
Ok just say that,no need to call people who disagree teenagers and bring in whether or not some peoples Dads were there for them

indifferent.gif
Ok just say that,no need to call people who disagree teenagers and bring in whether or not some peoples Dads were there for them

I have two sons. 8 and 2 1/2. never kiss them on the lips. forehead or top of the head...
I'm more of a hugger.
laugh.gif

never have kissed my mom or pops on the lips...
to each his own, but it how I do.

-J-

I have two sons. 8 and 2 1/2. never kiss them on the lips. forehead or top of the head...
I'm more of a hugger.
laugh.gif

never have kissed my mom or pops on the lips...
to each his own, but it how I do.

-J-

I have. I don't even think of it as like "kissing" tho either because for me If I do its with my moms or my grandmas only when I see them its just a quick peck and hug. Idk, its all just how you were brought up. In our family, its not something that everybody does every time, or something that you HAVE to do, but for one of the elders in the family (grandmas/grandpas) and or your mom its like a sign of love and respect. I don't even look at it as "Kissing" like I'm sure a lot of people associate kissing with. I see nothing wrong with it. I'm not gonna be kissing my pops or uncles or cousins or none of that on the lips tho because thats just not my style. But I see nothing wrong with it when its a little kiss showing love and respect between two people. There is a fine line if you hold it longer then a millisecond or trying to slip tongue though, but I've never seen that happen. As for MY kids, I'm sure I will here and there, but I'm not really sure will just have to wait and see.

I have. I don't even think of it as like "kissing" tho either because for me If I do its with my moms or my grandmas only when I see them its just a quick peck and hug. Idk, its all just how you were brought up. In our family, its not something that everybody does every time, or something that you HAVE to do, but for one of the elders in the family (grandmas/grandpas) and or your mom its like a sign of love and respect. I don't even look at it as "Kissing" like I'm sure a lot of people associate kissing with. I see nothing wrong with it. I'm not gonna be kissing my pops or uncles or cousins or none of that on the lips tho because thats just not my style. But I see nothing wrong with it when its a little kiss showing love and respect between two people. There is a fine line if you hold it longer then a millisecond or trying to slip tongue though, but I've never seen that happen. As for MY kids, I'm sure I will here and there, but I'm not really sure will just have to wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom