Kim Pham Beaten To Death Outside Nightclub

i don't think this was a race issue at all, just two groups of people getting into an altercation and it escalating :smh:

its a shame that these incidents bring out the race hatred in some people - from both sides.

its a shame that the crosby is closing. are they planning on moving locations?

INSTITUTIONALIZED RACISM HAS WORKED SO WELL THAT MINORITIES ARE WIRED TO "BEEF" AGAINST ONE ANOTHER.

A blog entry from someone who was there that night:

The Aftermath of an Unfortunate Incident
Before I get into the topic, I would like to start off by addressing a little bit about myself for all who read to not only understand where I am coming from; but to also not be so quick to judge me. My name is Christian Ramirez, and I recently graduated from the University of California, Irvine. I am a Latino born and raised in Santa Ana, California. I attended high school in Santa Ana, but finished off my school at La Quinta High School in the city of Westminister. The reason I want to emphasize that is because through my schooling and social interactions I have met and hold dear to this day many friendships with Asians and Latinos. So, for all of you who do not know me, I am not the slightest bit racist. Furthermore, the reason why this story has hit so close to home is because the night of January 17, 2014, I was at The Crosby along with family and friends celebrating my older brother's birthday. What unfolded outside of the club happened while my brother and I were having a "buzzed" conversation in the restroom; and because of this, all I was able to recap was seeing people standing in the bar stools, and crowding to the windows as I came out of the restroom. However, because of our celebration and the fact that The Crosby is a small bar, I had family and friends waiting outside when the altercation occurred who witnessed and have already come forward and done their part in the investigation to bring justice. It is through their eyes that I give you what actually ensued that night.

Now, to the real story of what unfolded the night of the brawl. Because of the high volume of people inside the bar that night, there was a long line waiting to get in (including my family and friends). It was in that madness of having to wait with people a bit restless that an accidental "bump" of the shoulder occurred between the victim and one of the females that was part of the five individuals who are being charged. (The same "bump" that I have seen many great and intellectual individuals: black, Latino, white, or Asian not think twice about and make the poor decision of fighting). The bump occurred while the victim and her group of friends were taking pictures. The group of five individuals started walking away when the victim went after the woman who bumped into her and started arguing. It was not till a friend of the latino woman arguing came to separate the argument that the first punch was thrown by the victim inflicting the girl who was trying to separate the argument. A fight between those two women then ensued but were shortly separated. As the accused woman grabbed her things and was walking away, the victim again got away from her group and chased after her to continue the fight. As soon as that happened, the victim and the accused woman who initiated the first fight with the victim retaliated and then a brawl ensued with both groups. Unfortunately, one of the groups happened to be Asian and the other group Latino (and that is why they are making it a racial thing). During that brawl is when the victim was knocked unconscious and got kicked and trampled in the melee. I do not need to go into how low and savage-like that is of someone to kick or continue to inflict damage when someone is unable to protect themselves anymore. That is about the lowest thing anyone can do; and it is those individuals who deserve all if not most of the punishment in this unfortunate incident.

Regardless of how and what occurred, no one deserves to get their life taken away in any fashion. My main purpose in writing this is to get justice for the victim and hope that all involved get what they deserve. The underlying facts that I want to abolish are the ones that are making this out to be a hate crime just because the media needs a villain to attract more attention to the unfortunate incident. I repeat, RACE, ETHNICITY, OR GENDER HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE INCIDENT. Why the media is shaping it that way makes me sick. Almost as sick as all the ignorant individuals or are so quick to judge. And, the witnesses who are supporting that, shame on you. The victim was a very smart and beautiful woman inside and out who inspired many. It is through her words that I want to reiterate the importance of making a difference for the people of tomorrow to live in a better United States and add to the platform that great minds like Martin Luther King Jr, Cesar Chavez, and now Miss Pham have set, for us to keep taking steps forward. No matter your race, ethnicity, or gender, we are all Americans. We need to stick together to not bring anymore negativity to our great nation. Plant the seed you want your kids and their kids to prosper from.

The last thing I want to leave you readers with is to really focus on thinking twice and swallowing your pride before acting. It something that is so simple yet so hard to comprehend and apply to your daily life. And not just with the "accidental bumps" but also driving while under the influence, or making any decision that could put your life or anyone else's life in danger. Our prison system is already filled with one too many people who acted without thinking twice about what was at stake. And because of that in this particular situation, an innocent and beautiful life has been taken and now a few families will be torn apart. Parents have lost daughters and sons have been torn from their mother. Ones mind is the best weapon you can use. Fill it up with knowledge and spread it in order to abolish all ignorance.

Source: http://www.mymindismyweapon.blogspot.com/

Haven't really been keeping up with this in the news but how bad is the media spinning the racial angle. 

Probably making Latino's out to be thugs and not the INDIVIDUALS who kicked her in the head. 

arent there laws in certain states that require you to help someone in distress? or was that just on seinfeld?

the good samaritan law or something along those lines.

if not, maybe there should be.
In some state you have to call police if a crime is being committed, but thats only if the crime happens to a person who is under a certain age.

This is all types of messed up.

Unfortunately for me,
I am Hispanic with a goatee and shaved head,
So I am usually grouped with these individuals.
In high school my group of friends consisted of Asians blacks Iranians Ricans we were like the United nations.
The first day of high school I was approached by a senior cholo, who said I was talking about his girl, on this day I was with my Asian buddies and they nearly pooped their pants.
I had never seen that dude and I think he was just mad I wasn't trying to act hard like all the ese's at my school.
Well, that was a wonderful story.

The Asians and Mexicans who don't get along in Cali are usually scumbag types anyway. I don't consider them to be human

Normal Asians and Mexicans/Latinos get along fine. The media is just trying to start a race war as usual

Last edited:
This is all types of messed up.

Unfortunately for me,

I am Hispanic with a goatee and shaved head,

So I am usually grouped with these individuals.

In high school my group of friends consisted of Asians blacks Iranians Ricans we were like the United nations.

The first day of high school I was approached by a senior cholo, who said I was talking about his girl, on this day I was with my Asian buddies and they nearly pooped their pants.

I had never seen that dude and I think he was just mad I wasn't trying to act hard like all the ese's at my school.

Well, that was a wonderful story.
:lol:

Its been on-going fight in Long Beach, CA
really!?

I skate Long Beach here and there and asians are always super nice to me, some of them recommend me asian spots to grub at.

mexicans are always the ones who pop off with the attitudes. I'm mexican and I feel/see that so I know other races get it worse.
pretty much.

damn people taking his blog entry to the heart like that?

that's only one side to the story. plus he pointed out that he was in the bathroom when it went down. son is just reaching for fans/followers.
mean.gif

And I'm not tryna rustle but............

Why is her death so........for lack of better words, important?

I never understood how they choose who's deaths are news worthy.

dude really trying to martyr this chick by referencing mlk and cesar chavez...seems like a reach there.

"she threw the first punch...came back for more"...when keeping it real goes wrong for sure. unfortunate that she passed and disgusted at the  men who possibly stomped her out but point blank this isnt about race. ppl want to show whos tough no matter who they are with and when things escalate to violence...this is what can happen.

charge it to the game

Last edited:
damn people taking his blog entry to the heart like that?
that's only one side to the story. plus he pointed out that he was in the bathroom when it went down. son is just reaching for fans/followers. :smh:
he probably got that side of the story from his family members who were watching outside :rolleyes

Pretty much my exact thoughts after reading that story smh.

Now the victim did not deserve to die nor did the men need to jump in, but after reading what actually happened I don't feel too bad for her like I did when the story first broke.
i have the same feeling. first i was like this pretty innocent girl got stomped and died.  poor girl. now its like damn.. shorty went looking for a fight and got caught

That sheltered life........... you've lived it.

Jumping, stomping and all unfair fighting has been around for atl east the last 20-30 years.

You can thank gangs for that.

20-30 years LOL

Try 20-30 billion years.

Even Animals attack in groups, wolves, lions, coyotes, hyenas

This ain't new and definitely won't stop.

The Asians and Mexicans who don't get along in Cali are usually scumbag types anyway. I don't consider them to be human

Normal Asians and Mexicans/Latinos get along fine. The media is just trying to start a race war as usual

Yup regular Asians and Hispanics are pretty chill and friendly with eachother, got a lot in common too, rich culture, great food, beautiful women, hard workers etc. but the mexican street gangs and asian street gangs in CA, not so much. they would beef with eachother from time to time. 80s-90s in CA were no joke.

Back
Top Bottom