Kevin Ware practically breaks off leg trying to block shot vol. gruesome

I'm not saying they are completely at fault for this particular injury... What happened to Ware was a one in a million freak accident for sure.

But if you notice... Adidias been pushing their "lightest" shoe in the game campaign for a min... Im guessing theyre aiming for better performance with that angle. But with that approach youre pretty much taking away the added support and structure that comes with heavier shoes.

Like I said it just seems like injuries have been occuring way too often with players rocking Adidas...

View media item 342176
For example... Look at these Crazy Lights. This looks like an amazing shoe to hoop in BUT what materials/technology is used to protect a player when theyre air born and come down akwardly like Ware did???

I'd rather ball in some heavy *** Lebron 10's because atleast I know there's some support there.

Last edited:
oh no here we go with the adidas crap..... smh... coach hubie rolling over in his grave at banned camp :smh:

This ***** on Tim Sylvia and Big Nog's arms being broken.  It's up there with Corey Hill's leg break in the UFC.  I am desensitized to most stuff but this made me cringe.

addias basketball shoes suck no ankle support and they're also ugly as hell

You may have a point w/ the ankle support part...Looking at the video, he lost his footing when he landed on his left foot thus making him roll his ankle and shift all his weight and force to the right leg causing it to break. I'm no scientist, sports analyst or shoe expert, I just see what I see.

There is absolutely no correlation between Ware's accident and how much ankle support he supposedly did not have with Adidas shoes.

To have an accident of that magnitude, it comes down to the anatomy of the player as well as a very rare combination of a multitude of factors that have to happen at the exact same time. Basically, a freak accident.

dudes are COLD knowing damb well nobody tryna see them HQ pics :x

**** got posted twice already cmon son :rofl:

Last edited:
I don't know how you have such a traumatic injury like that and hardly any blood comes out.

I'm not expecting it to spray out like Kill Bill or anything, but it looks like they opened up a cadaver.

Regardless, I'm going to be a fan for this kid for life. Even if he never laces em up again, I will support this kid whatever he does. I hope he gets back out there better than ever. He has the entire goddamn world behind him,,

Last edited:
I wonder if longer bones are more susceptible to this kind of injury. I had a 5 pound weight fall on one of my toes from about 2 feet from the floor and I almost passed out from the pain. Can't really imagine how it must have felt for him :x

I don't know how you have such a traumatic injury like that and hardly any blood comes out.

I'm not expecting it to spray out like Kill Bill or anything, but it looks like they opened up a cadaver.

Regardless, I'm going to be a fan for this kid for life. Even if he never laces em up again, I will support this kid whatever he does. I hope he gets back out there better than ever. He has the entire goddamn world behind him,,

if there was a major vessel that was severed during the injury, there wouldve been. but in the legs the major vessels are posterior, and even then have less blood pressure. if you watched that clint malarchuk video, i believe his carotid artery (major artery to the brain) was severed, thats why theres blood all over the damn place.

in any case thats a terrible injury. way worse than anything ive seen live on TV. hope he recovers quick.

I wonder if longer bones are more susceptible to this kind of injury. I had a 5 pound weight fall on one of my toes from about 2 feet from the floor and I almost passed out from the pain. Can't really imagine how it must have felt for him :x

Absolutely, it's about leverage.

My sister fell on my thumb, knee down, from about 2 feet up (she fell off a bed) and destroyed my thumbnail. Probably the worst pain I've felt :smh:

two of the nastiest I've ever seen...

my all time #1

this. an ice skate opening dude's throat remains the worst injury of all time. when he took off his helmet, the amount that spashed out was :wow: :x :x :smh:

in terms of kevin ware, i had no idea one could sustain an injury like that playing ball. makes me wonder about his bone density to begin with.

now afraid of jumping to block a ball.

Last edited:
Damn adidas!!!
I was waiting for someone to say it
63897512-oh_snap_gif.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
My gosh after seeing that hd pic... Should've made it a spoiler.

Anyways I heard this happens when a stress fracture goes untreated. Injuries like this never happens. But fortunately this is better than tearing up your knee. He will recover in a year and with a metal rod in that leg, he doesn't have to worry about breaking that leg again. But I cant imagine his mental state.

Same thing I was thinking! I guess if he didn't rupture an artery close by (not the femoral but maybe the popliteal or anterior tibial artery) then it won't. Kind of like when the surgeons open up a chest to perform surgery if they open clean and don't cut any arteries it's just an opening but no Blood spewing. Movies do exaggerate a lot too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom