Kevin Ware practically breaks off leg trying to block shot vol. gruesome

I'm waiting for confirmation that he already had some type of stress fracture in his leg that caused this..or else i'm not balling for a good month.

I was in middle school when Shaun livingston knee was chilling horizontally on the court and i didnt play pickups for a couple months. Straight shook

Good thing he's healing. The reaction from the bench was insane. I wouldn't have been surprised if someone puked. I got a lil queasy seeing the video and others reaction.

That skate to the throat is by far the most bizarre sports injury ever. Son could've died on the ice.

Good thing he's healing. The reaction from the bench was insane. I wouldn't have been surprised if someone puked. I got a lil queasy seeing the video and others reaction.

That skate to the throat is by far the most bizarre sports injury ever. Son could've died on the ice.

Yeah and the off duty doctor in the stands the other poster mentioned who came out and pinched an artery to slow the flow was bizarre too!

Last edited:
Dr. Klapper and his Klapper vision today explained how this was similar to an egg cracking...
There had to have been a crack already present to make the rest go under pressure...

So basically, this was an injury that had a precursor in place....add the freak landing and this is why the pressure broke where it did...

So stop blaming shoes and keep trying to block shots....
half of the people here couldn't jump as high as he did anyhoot....

the benches reaction was pretty wild too....they had a birds eye view....
Ware is a tough kid....staying poised in a situation like that?...
I have multiple dislocations under my belt (too many to count) and I can say that trying to be calm with that kind of pain takes some strong will and serious SHOCK.

as a student in the med field and a sports fan, i love klapper's radio show on saturday mornings in LA.

and for sure unless he has osteoporosis or osteogenesis imperfecta (what sam jackson had in unbreakable), there had to have been a prior injury.

I've been walking slow and hardly jumping since Sunday. :smh:

I'm always jumping down stairs like it's nothing. We've probably all made that basketball play 1000 times. Crazy. :x

I honestly didn't see the injury live, but was watching the game.

All I saw was a Duke player holding his head, and three Ville players on the ground.

I literally thought there was like a quadruple head but :lol:

same, game was on but I wasn't paying attention at that moment

once I saw people crying and holding their heads I figured there was some sort of sean livingston injury (tv was on mute). They weren't showing replays of anything so it had to be gruesome. It was still worse than I imagined though.

This injury looks a hell of a lot worse than what it actually is. Gruesome yes, career threatening? Not as bad as having a bunch of ligaments snapped all over your knees.

It's the worst kind of bone break, but it's still a bone. The bone will heel, especially with the help of the metal rod. Ligaments tho, those don't come back. Doctors are still trying to find a complete answer for that.

Kid will be fine, he showed some serious heart. I got more hope in him running around a year from now than Derrick Rose. Lol

Easily the worst looking injury I've ever seen... It's great to see him back up & moving around. Nice to see the support he's getting from players around the league as well.

Last edited:
Makes me cringe even more.
sick.gif

Dan Patrick was talking about will this ever get to a point where people might joke around with him about it years later, he doubted it

but mentioned when Theismann worked for ESPN people would snap pencils in front of him in meetings, so flagrant
laugh.gif
mean.gif

sometimes the attempt at humor is just a bit much...
it is only a broken bone though as many mentioned....it should heal.

Everyone should listen to Klappers show on Saturday morning....especially the weekend warriors...ha!

Back
Top Bottom