Kendrick Perkins is the most overrated player in the NBA

I just found it funny that no one trashed the contract extension. I guess because it was OKC.

I think the media overrates him more than anyone though. He was an important piece to Boston, but he wasn't the sole reason why they were successful. He does have a knee injury and all, but that makes the extension look even worse. They don't know how healthy he will be next season.

A guy who is such a defensive presence got outplayed by Nick Collison. If Perkins played the majority of those big time minutes in that Memphis series, Memphis probably would be playing tonight.

I just found it funny that no one trashed the contract extension. I guess because it was OKC.

I think the media overrates him more than anyone though. He was an important piece to Boston, but he wasn't the sole reason why they were successful. He does have a knee injury and all, but that makes the extension look even worse. They don't know how healthy he will be next season.

A guy who is such a defensive presence got outplayed by Nick Collison. If Perkins played the majority of those big time minutes in that Memphis series, Memphis probably would be playing tonight.

Not to mention that the guys offense is like Hasheem Thabeet. He couldn't catch the ball, missed layups, turning it over 90% of the time... That has nothing to do with his knee, thats just skill.

Not to mention that the guys offense is like Hasheem Thabeet. He couldn't catch the ball, missed layups, turning it over 90% of the time... That has nothing to do with his knee, thats just skill.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

different situation though.. collison did a good job on zbo.. but he wouldn't have matched up well with gasol, which perk was better at

different situation though.. collison did a good job on zbo.. but he wouldn't have matched up well with gasol, which perk was better at

True.

Maybe I'm just thinking that it wasn't that good of an idea to make that move solely to match up with Pau. I know OKC was thinking that the Lakers would be the team to beat, but get a guy a little more versatile. I really would've liked to see Nene in OKC. PERFECT FIT.

True.

Maybe I'm just thinking that it wasn't that good of an idea to make that move solely to match up with Pau. I know OKC was thinking that the Lakers would be the team to beat, but get a guy a little more versatile. I really would've liked to see Nene in OKC. PERFECT FIT.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

TonyReali wrote:

seasoned vet wrote:

JapanAir21 wrote:

What exactly has Perk done to warrant this?

He matched up well with the Lakers, and people wondered if they would have had him for G7 last year if the C's would have won, okay yeah sure..

And I won't even mention Tyson Chandler being better, that'll be dictated in this series..

But Bynum?! Bogut?! Noah?! Hell yeah they're better.
roll.gif

- Noah's a hybrid in my eyes. i said no hybrids. Bynum just flat out sucks, you can see his goofy @#+ counting out his steps and he starts his move
indifferent.gif
. Bogut?....NO.

....and im not pro Perk. im just pointing out how weak this position is now. its so weak you got guys picking PF's and SF's to fill in the space. what happened to the true Center?

It doesn't matter if their true point guards. Perk is nothing but a fat Kwame Brown.

Bynum
Chandler
Howard
Horford
Noah

Are all better than Perkins. And thats off the top of my head.

...yall killing me with this Bynum bs. 
roll.gif

...and again i only see 2 on your list
nerd.gif

JapanAir21 wrote:

Bynum and Bogut suck huh? What team you reppin, where Bynum and Bogut "suck?"

laugh.gif
 i dont rep ANY team. thats the beauty of it, it helps me call it how i see it withoout bias.

...and i never said Bogut sucks...but Bynum does. Bogut just isnt better than Perk.

ikXKZm.gif

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

TonyReali wrote:

seasoned vet wrote:

JapanAir21 wrote:

What exactly has Perk done to warrant this?

He matched up well with the Lakers, and people wondered if they would have had him for G7 last year if the C's would have won, okay yeah sure..

And I won't even mention Tyson Chandler being better, that'll be dictated in this series..

But Bynum?! Bogut?! Noah?! Hell yeah they're better.
roll.gif

- Noah's a hybrid in my eyes. i said no hybrids. Bynum just flat out sucks, you can see his goofy @#+ counting out his steps and he starts his move
indifferent.gif
. Bogut?....NO.

....and im not pro Perk. im just pointing out how weak this position is now. its so weak you got guys picking PF's and SF's to fill in the space. what happened to the true Center?

It doesn't matter if their true point guards. Perk is nothing but a fat Kwame Brown.

Bynum
Chandler
Howard
Horford
Noah

Are all better than Perkins. And thats off the top of my head.

...yall killing me with this Bynum bs. 
roll.gif

...and again i only see 2 on your list
nerd.gif

JapanAir21 wrote:

Bynum and Bogut suck huh? What team you reppin, where Bynum and Bogut "suck?"

laugh.gif
 i dont rep ANY team. thats the beauty of it, it helps me call it how i see it withoout bias.

...and i never said Bogut sucks...but Bynum does. Bogut just isnt better than Perk.

ikXKZm.gif

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

I didn't get to catch the last game but from what I saw in the series Z Bo was making Perkins his $+++* every time they were matched up on each other

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

I didn't get to catch the last game but from what I saw in the series Z Bo was making Perkins his $+++* every time they were matched up on each other

^ ibaka and collison were guarding him most of the time.. perkins a little bit.. hell even durant a couple times

True.

i think contract was a huge thing for presti and co (nene would have been over 10 mill per).. hence why i said gortat above

unless we do some sort of russ + perk + fillers/expiring contracts + picks for dwight.. i don't see us spending huge on a center (by huge i mean over 10 mill)

i think we pray that perkins can show/teach aldrich exactly what he needs to do for us this summer.. maybe resign narz for something cheap (we have collison going forward at 3 mill per)  

^ ibaka and collison were guarding him most of the time.. perkins a little bit.. hell even durant a couple times

True.

i think contract was a huge thing for presti and co (nene would have been over 10 mill per).. hence why i said gortat above

unless we do some sort of russ + perk + fillers/expiring contracts + picks for dwight.. i don't see us spending huge on a center (by huge i mean over 10 mill)

i think we pray that perkins can show/teach aldrich exactly what he needs to do for us this summer.. maybe resign narz for something cheap (we have collison going forward at 3 mill per)  

Top 12-15 I'd say. 

I like Perk, if you put a gun to my head, I could stretch him into the 10 spot I think.  But on a scale, 12-15 is about right for him.  He's so terrible offensively he can't really go much higher. 

Back
Top Bottom