Kendrick Perkins is the most overrated player in the NBA

Originally Posted by JD617

I'm a Perk fan, but this is ridiculous.

Serious question. What has he done to make you a fan though? My dude is like the NBA version of Zoolander, he's only known for making faces...
1187482212_0612.jpg

*sidenote: I was looking for pics of the Perkins face and I realized that this is the first time that I actually noticed someone playing defense on him, looks weird.

kendrick-perkins-celtics-d8607e9c57b84be5_large.jpg

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by TonyReali

- Noah's a hybrid in my eyes. i said no hybrids. Bynum just flat out sucks, you can see his goofy @#+ counting out his steps and he starts his move
indifferent.gif
. Bogut?....NO.

....and im not pro Perk. im just pointing out how weak this position is now. its so weak you got guys picking PF's and SF's to fill in the space. what happened to the true Center?

It doesn't matter if their true point guards. Perk is nothing but a fat Kwame Brown.

Bynum
Chandler
Howard
Horford
Noah

Are all better than Perkins. And thats off the top of my head.

...yall killing me with this Bynum bs. 
roll.gif

...and again i only see 2 on your list
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Bynum and Bogut suck huh? What team you reppin, where Bynum and Bogut "suck?"
laugh.gif
 i dont rep ANY team. thats the beauty of it, it helps me call it how i see it withoout bias.

...and i never said Bogut sucks...but Bynum does. Bogut just isnt better than Perk.

Originally Posted by TonyReali

- Noah's a hybrid in my eyes. i said no hybrids. Bynum just flat out sucks, you can see his goofy @#+ counting out his steps and he starts his move
indifferent.gif
. Bogut?....NO.

....and im not pro Perk. im just pointing out how weak this position is now. its so weak you got guys picking PF's and SF's to fill in the space. what happened to the true Center?

It doesn't matter if their true point guards. Perk is nothing but a fat Kwame Brown.

Bynum
Chandler
Howard
Horford
Noah

Are all better than Perkins. And thats off the top of my head.

...yall killing me with this Bynum bs. 
roll.gif

...and again i only see 2 on your list
nerd.gif

Bynum and Bogut suck huh? What team you reppin, where Bynum and Bogut "suck?"
laugh.gif
 i dont rep ANY team. thats the beauty of it, it helps me call it how i see it withoout bias.

...and i never said Bogut sucks...but Bynum does. Bogut just isnt better than Perk.

Most overrated? WOW.

I mean if you disagree with his contract, I understand. But that's a bold statement.

Most overrated? WOW.

I mean if you disagree with his contract, I understand. But that's a bold statement.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Chandler bout to do work on him this series...
japanair is that you???

laugh.gif

if anybody is overrated its tyson chandler
laugh.gif
, OH NO YOU DIDN'T.

Go ahead, diss Tyson, we'll keep playing.
pimp.gif

japanair is that you???

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
, OH NO YOU DIDN'T.

pimp.gif

He's only overrated by the media and fans who blame ALL of the Celtics struggles on Perkins being traded, there was more to their failures than just Perkins.

And NO ONE should be calling Perkins a top 5 center in the league... define it all you want and say "true" center or "no hybrids"
laugh.gif

OP, call him overpaid because he has an awful offensive game but teams pay a premium for a legitimate big man who can defend the paint, and that's what Perkins does. 8.5 million/year is not that bad for a 26 year old big man (albeit one with an injury). But to call him overrated is wrong, no one says he's good offensively at all, they just speak highly of his defense.

He's only overrated by the media and fans who blame ALL of the Celtics struggles on Perkins being traded, there was more to their failures than just Perkins.

And NO ONE should be calling Perkins a top 5 center in the league... define it all you want and say "true" center or "no hybrids"
laugh.gif

OP, call him overpaid because he has an awful offensive game but teams pay a premium for a legitimate big man who can defend the paint, and that's what Perkins does. 8.5 million/year is not that bad for a 26 year old big man (albeit one with an injury). But to call him overrated is wrong, no one says he's good offensively at all, they just speak highly of his defense.

There's only four pages in this thread. I've already mentioned how I felt he was being overpaid that has absolutely nothing to do any other current salaries in the league.

There's only four pages in this thread. I've already mentioned how I felt he was being overpaid that has absolutely nothing to do any other current salaries in the league.

japanair is that you???

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
, OH NO YOU DIDN'T.

pimp.gif

only reason ur still playing is cuz shannon brown banged gasol's girl...

mavs fans always overrate their players. dampier, devean george, butler, harris, jones, now chandler.

you guys finally have someone who plays ok defense and now hes an all star center and dopy. ok.

japanair is that you???

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
, OH NO YOU DIDN'T.

pimp.gif

only reason ur still playing is cuz shannon brown banged gasol's girl...

mavs fans always overrate their players. dampier, devean george, butler, harris, jones, now chandler.

you guys finally have someone who plays ok defense and now hes an all star center and dopy. ok.

Now you're just yapping to yap.

Dampier was overrated? Only thing he was rated as was a trade chip, which got us Chandler. George? Jones? What?
laugh.gif

Butler is a two-way player who can create his own shot, how many players can do that on the Mavericks?
laugh.gif

Harris was an up-and-coming PG who did nothing but good things for us while he was here.

It's not just Chandler's defense, he can actually put the ball in the basket, something we ain't had in years. He isn't THE Defensive player of the year, but he finished third and changed the dynamic of this team.

We wasn't beating the Lakers with Dampier no matter how poorly Pau played.
laugh.gif

Now you're just yapping to yap.

Dampier was overrated? Only thing he was rated as was a trade chip, which got us Chandler. George? Jones? What?
laugh.gif

Butler is a two-way player who can create his own shot, how many players can do that on the Mavericks?
laugh.gif

Harris was an up-and-coming PG who did nothing but good things for us while he was here.

It's not just Chandler's defense, he can actually put the ball in the basket, something we ain't had in years. He isn't THE Defensive player of the year, but he finished third and changed the dynamic of this team.

We wasn't beating the Lakers with Dampier no matter how poorly Pau played.
laugh.gif

considering what we need/want from our center (defense and rebounding mainly.. everything else is gravy), i would take these guys over him (this is based on AGE + CONTRACT + INJURIES):

- howard (obviously)

- noah

- gortat (no injuries, cheap contract for a big man and young)

- asik (this would be a flyer.. but he has the size and he plays good D)

- deandre jordan (obviously we have no clue what he will get this summer contract wise.. but dude is 22)

considering what we need/want from our center (defense and rebounding mainly.. everything else is gravy), i would take these guys over him (this is based on AGE + CONTRACT + INJURIES):

- howard (obviously)

- noah

- gortat (no injuries, cheap contract for a big man and young)

- asik (this would be a flyer.. but he has the size and he plays good D)

- deandre jordan (obviously we have no clue what he will get this summer contract wise.. but dude is 22)

Back
Top Bottom