Kendrick Perkins is the most overrated player in the NBA

Originally Posted by zube42

The Perkins trade was perfect for the Thunder. They got the starting C they needed and Ibaka's starting because of it.

This....Perk offers the "winner's mentality", coupled with still being "young". The Thunder were on a two-year track to the 'chip, prior to the trade. The deal was made and they got a proven winner. Don't look at the box score....Perk is great at clogging the lane and freeing up Iblaka to get predatory blocks on the regular. Kendrick may not fill up the stat sheet, but he makes it easier on others to get theirs. Back in February I knew the Celts messed up, and they finally say it in May....took long enough to admit the obvious. 

Originally Posted by zube42

The Perkins trade was perfect for the Thunder. They got the starting C they needed and Ibaka's starting because of it.

This....Perk offers the "winner's mentality", coupled with still being "young". The Thunder were on a two-year track to the 'chip, prior to the trade. The deal was made and they got a proven winner. Don't look at the box score....Perk is great at clogging the lane and freeing up Iblaka to get predatory blocks on the regular. Kendrick may not fill up the stat sheet, but he makes it easier on others to get theirs. Back in February I knew the Celts messed up, and they finally say it in May....took long enough to admit the obvious. 

Maybe I overlooked it, but are dudes really leaving off Pau Gasol in the list of big men better than Perkins 
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
I hope it's just my fault in overlooking posts, but then again I know Laker fans in real life who want Gasol gone ASAP after 1 bad postseason 

Maybe I overlooked it, but are dudes really leaving off Pau Gasol in the list of big men better than Perkins 
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
I hope it's just my fault in overlooking posts, but then again I know Laker fans in real life who want Gasol gone ASAP after 1 bad postseason 

i dont rep ANY team. thats the beauty of it, it helps me call it how i see it withoout bias.

...and i never said Bogut sucks...but Bynum does. Bogut just isnt better than Perk.

Yea but you admitted to hating Kobe and being glad to see the Lakers lose so I'm going to assume that's gonna cloud your judgment of Bynum as a player. I actually hope it does because otherwise that's an embarrassingly bad "unbiased" opinion to hold. I don't even think Bill Simmons thinks Perkins is a better player than Bynum. I'm not really sure what you're talking about as far as Bynum counting his steps, but he's one of the few big men in the league that actually still has good footwork and uses his pivot foot effectively. 

i dont rep ANY team. thats the beauty of it, it helps me call it how i see it withoout bias.

...and i never said Bogut sucks...but Bynum does. Bogut just isnt better than Perk.

Yea but you admitted to hating Kobe and being glad to see the Lakers lose so I'm going to assume that's gonna cloud your judgment of Bynum as a player. I actually hope it does because otherwise that's an embarrassingly bad "unbiased" opinion to hold. I don't even think Bill Simmons thinks Perkins is a better player than Bynum. I'm not really sure what you're talking about as far as Bynum counting his steps, but he's one of the few big men in the league that actually still has good footwork and uses his pivot foot effectively. 

Originally Posted by acidicality

Disagreed, I think Boston regrets trading him away right now..you can never underestimate the value of a solid defensive big man down low. Maybe a tad bit overrated, but I would definitely want him on my team.

What I came in here to say....

Originally Posted by acidicality

Disagreed, I think Boston regrets trading him away right now..you can never underestimate the value of a solid defensive big man down low. Maybe a tad bit overrated, but I would definitely want him on my team.

What I came in here to say....

He's need to calm his angry !@# down. Lookin like he be always havin a coke bottle up his rectum.

He's need to calm his angry !@# down. Lookin like he be always havin a coke bottle up his rectum.

I don't see nothing wrong with Perkins...perfect trade and position for the Thunders. Made them match up better to other big teams. But to guy who says Bynum and Bogut suck and Noah a PF. We must not be watching the same NBA.

I don't see nothing wrong with Perkins...perfect trade and position for the Thunders. Made them match up better to other big teams. But to guy who says Bynum and Bogut suck and Noah a PF. We must not be watching the same NBA.

Back
Top Bottom