Justin Timberlake Thread: The 20/20 Experience Due 3/19, Link to "Suit & Tie" ft. Jay-Z on 1st Page

I stand by my initial thoughts of the album. Played it back again and it really is amazing throughout. Way too early to deem it a "Classic", but JT does have another great one on his hands.

However, I have to say that the transitions between the songs are pretty poor. I wish this could have been done better but it's a very small problem considering the quality of the songs. It really does just go from one great song to another, I mean come on Pusher Love - That Girl that is ridiculous for all of the songs to be that good.

Would've been that much better without Let the Groove In but oh well.

I just listened to this yesterday and I have to say this is a great listen. I am very impressed by the body of work JT put out and I will have to say that this is easily his best work. Very complete album and mature with a great sound throughout. I would give it a 4.5/5

Didn't get a chance to listen to the whole thing yet but... SPACESHIP COUPE :x smokin

2nd half of mirrors is what crack in audio form sounds like. 
eek.gif
mean.gif
Me and my buddies were drinking last night and bumping this track. I tried hitting the high notes in the 2nd half 
mean.gif

I've never heard Justin Timberlake's 2 prior albums, I was never really interested in his material. Decided to give this a shot and so far I can say I'm feeling the production but the album as a whole isn't registering with me. I'll give it another listen to be fair.

pusher love girl and mirrors were the only songs that had any kind of impact on me.. everything else sounded the same, like some n'sync ****.

as a whole though, the production is insane.. timbaland, or i should i say his employees, did their thing.

i'm not a fan of JT at all but i figured i should listen to it at least, i'll try to give it another chance.

pusher love girl and mirrors were the only songs that had any kind of impact on me.. everything else sounded the same, like some n'sync ****.

as a whole though, the production is insane.. timbaland, or i should i say his employees, did their thing.

i'm not a fan of JT at all but i figured i should listen to it at least, i'll try to give it another chance.

I understand if someone doesn't like it but it sounds NOTHING like Nysnc

^^^ i worded that wrong, what i meant is that it sounds too poppy IMO.. which is fine since that's pretty much his lane, he's a popular artist. not saying that it's bad, it's just not my cup of tea. like i said though plg and mirrors are great songs.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/03/15/popcast-is-justin-timberlake-still-a-pop-star/

Link to a podcast where Jon Caramonica (NY Times music critic, best music critic working today IMO) states pretty much my thoughts exactly on this album. Warning: not so positive.

Dude just comes off as a hater, I mean the title alone says all you need to say

Is he still a pop star? Serious question? JT is widely loved he could pop in a cd case and still be a pop star

JT got the girl, the money, the fame, and the talent ...when u winnin like that ppl not gonna give you ur props it is what it is.

That wasn't the point of the review at all.  He wasn't questioning whether or not he's still a star.  I think that much is pretty clear.

He's asking whether or not Justin Timberlake needs to make THIS album given all he has accomplished and considering the time he spent away from music.

Does this album do anything to further bolster or solidify his place in music.  Is it innovative, is it daring, or emotional enough to signify musically, any growth after a 7 year absence?

I don't remember the last time I played an album as many times per day since it leaked as I'm doing with this album.

On my first listen I really liked about 6 songs, and thought the others were okay. By my second listen, the only song I didn't really care for as much was Suit & Tie (which I had hoped was the weakest song, and it is).

This is definitely more cohesive album than FS/LS. Not one song that I dislike. The album is fantastic.

Just streamed it on itunes, this album is hella smooth and I can't wait to get my hard copy 8)

That wasn't the point of the review at all.  He wasn't questioning whether or not he's still a star.  I think that much is pretty clear.

He's asking whether or not Justin Timberlake needs to make THIS album given all he has accomplished and considering the time he spent away from music.

Does this album do anything to further bolster or solidify his place in music.  Is it innovative, is it daring, or emotional enough to signify musically, any growth after a 7 year absence?
So many unnecessary questions. Only one that matters is is it good music or not. And the answer is a resounding yes. It's GREAT music.

Back
Top Bottom