Justin Timberlake Thread: The 20/20 Experience Due 3/19, Link to "Suit & Tie" ft. Jay-Z on 1st Page

That review's lame when you say "mediocre as we knew it would be" your mind is already made up and he planned to bash it from the start

That review is someone who obvs dislikes JT and made for others who dislike him to spew their venom

Last edited:
Not sure I agree completely with all of that but I do with some (a lot?) of it.
Its obvious how dude phrased the title of the review that he couldn't wait to hear the album so he could hate on it. he's full of it. i never listened to timberlake 1st or 2nd album only thing i heard was his singles before now. im pretty much objective as you can get and all these songs is tight. 

Knew that review was by Rich Juzwiak as soon as I started reading it.  I tend to respect his opinion R&B and the likes.

Gonna throw on the album tonight, I hadn't any expectations for it, so I can't really be disappointed, would be nice

to have something new to throw on for a while if it's good

Last edited:
I liked it...It's a smooth listen all the way through...a couple bumps, but no biggie.
I mean...it kinda feels hollow, because like that article said...there's only really 1 honest insight moment on the album.

Every song feels appropriate, without really feeling like some kind of amazing inspiration. I'd put Channel Orange over this, only because I felt like it was a window into that dude's soul and his life experience. This album feels like what good pop music is supposed to (but doesn't usually) sound like in 2013. Timbo got it done.

1. Blue Ocean Floor
2. 2nd half of Mirrors
3. 1st half of Strawberry Bubblegum
4. Pusher Love Girl

And I just wanna applaud dude for the lowered expectations he put out having Suit & Tie be the leadoff single. :lol:

Last edited:
album is dope, you could even listen to it for free on I-Tunes :smokin

That's what I said. In this day and age where people are already illegally downloading your music without paying you... you go ahead and let everyone listen to it for free a week early? That's ultimate confidence in how good it is

I've listened to this album literally at least 20 times and this is while being home and not able to listen to it anywhere else since the stream is only on the computer it seems. I found myself yesterday at work YEARNING (yes yearning) to get home just to listen to this cd.  I don't recall an album doing that for me in along time, let alone an R&B one.  I really can't decide which song is my favorite at this point. First I think I'm in love with Don't Hold the Wall, then it's Strawberry Bubblegum and then it's Tunnel Vision and then it's Let the Groove In (As a Puerto Rican I appreciate the Latin vibe
laugh.gif
.) I'm dumbfounded...idk what people's life is like if they find this album anything short of amazing...I get it's an opinion but still. 
mean.gif
  It's so crazy you can hear his growth from Justified to FS/LS and now this.

Btw I didn't read through the whole thread but the presale for the 2nd Yankee Stadium show started at 10am today if you have a citi card. If you're a Yankees subscriber the other presale starts tomorrow at 2pm. Got my main level seats.
pimp.gif

After many many listens I think Spaceship Coupe is my fav track

If I didn't know I'd think the Neptunes produced it

^ I'd co-sign with that Stilln

And the vocals the second part of Strawberry Bubblegum reminded me of Soul 4 Real, anyone remember Candy Rain? :lol:

the 2nd part of mirrors is crazy 

I love Mirrors. LOVE it. Have played it 100+ times since I DL'd it, but I just cannot understand this view? Please tell me how the 2nd half is better than the first? It just seems like a breezy interlude to me, the first half is the sick beat, hook, etc... ? I don't ask this to be a jackanus, I just have seen it a bunch of times on Twitter, etc.

Last edited:
I love Mirrors. LOVE it. Have played it 100+ times since I DL'd it, but I just cannot understand this view? Please tell me how the 2nd half is better than the first? It just seems like a breezy interlude to me, the first half is the sick beat, hook, etc... ? I don't ask this to be a jackanus, I just have seen it a bunch of times on Twitter, etc.

Yeah not sure why NT is obsessed with the 2nd half so much

the 2nd part of mirrors is crazy 

It was the same deal when Pyramids dropped then. :lol:

Every song on this album is the A-side mixed into the B-side err...reprisal, whatever you wanna call it.

And yeah...B-side of Mirrors...to me...best track on the album, if it was it's own track.

Last edited:
it's very tough to pick a favorite on this album, but my choice would be Spaceship Coupe :x :smokin :smokin

Last edited:
Production is funky as hell. I think it overpowers JTs vocals. Will purchase it though

Tunnel Vision is my favorite so far

Instantly deleted "Suit and Tie" song is so bad compared to the rest of this album

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom