Just got 4 tickets for each window of my car for the tints being to dark... need advice.

I just got a ticket for my front side windows here in CA. Isn't your ticket a fix-it ticket tho? Mine is like $200 but if I get it removed it's only $25.

Originally Posted by JFDOOM

Damn son..

Get a pba card.

Man I need one of those... along with a swoosh account.

But, a lot of the times people tell me that the cops still act like $*+%+ and give then simple dumb tickets even though they show a PBA card.

And %++ in NY they give you a ticket for each window? What type of %@#! is that?
laugh.gif

And %++ in NY they give you a ticket for each window? What type of %@#! is that?
laugh.gif

Damn son..

Get a pba card.

But, a lot of the times people tell me that the cops still act like $*+%+ and give then simple dumb tickets even though they show a PBA card.

Most cops dont care about the back windows, on a sedan/coupe that is. But it is still illegal to have the back windows on a sedan/coupe tinted. Its rare to get ticketed or even stopped for the back windows, your cop was just being a jerk.
SUV's are good money in terms of back window tinting.

Most cops dont care about the back windows, on a sedan/coupe that is. But it is still illegal to have the back windows on a sedan/coupe tinted. Its rare to get ticketed or even stopped for the back windows, your cop was just being a jerk.
SUV's are good money in terms of back window tinting.

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

Damn son..

Get a pba card.

They usually act like pricks if you show it go them. I just open my wallet and let them see it as i'm taking my license out. Got me out of a lot of tickets.

Damn son..

Get a pba card.

They usually act like pricks if you show it go them. I just open my wallet and let them see it as i'm taking my license out. Got me out of a lot of tickets.

pimp.gif
for hunting down cops
roll.gif
Anyway, I had plenty of run-ins with cops in Queens (Far Rockaway), for tint tickets. What I did was go to a lil mom-n-pops custom shop and brought some $40 headlights. I scanned the receipt and changed the charge from "headlights" to "tint removal". Also changed the date to the day following the ticket. I folded it and kept it in the car foe a few days to look offical. Took it to the DMV on Rockaway blvd and got the tickets reduced to $10. The part that sicks is you still (no matter what) have to pay the $30 surcharge for each ticket, but it sure beats the hell outta $500+.

Edit:

Looked thru some old emails.  OP you owe me a beer.

pimp.gif
for hunting down cops
roll.gif
Anyway, I had plenty of run-ins with cops in Queens (Far Rockaway), for tint tickets. What I did was go to a lil mom-n-pops custom shop and brought some $40 headlights. I scanned the receipt and changed the charge from "headlights" to "tint removal". Also changed the date to the day following the ticket. I folded it and kept it in the car foe a few days to look offical. Took it to the DMV on Rockaway blvd and got the tickets reduced to $10. The part that sicks is you still (no matter what) have to pay the $30 surcharge for each ticket, but it sure beats the hell outta $500+.

Edit:

Looked thru some old emails.  OP you owe me a beer.

Originally Posted by CJDynasty

They drove off and I looked at the tickets and saw four... I drove around furiously looking for them and [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]when I found them I started high beaming them to pull over and they sped off and put their lights on like they had an emergency.[/color]

LOL what?
roll.gif
roll.gif
I laughed also. Sounds like something you would see in Superbad.

Originally Posted by CJDynasty

They drove off and I looked at the tickets and saw four... I drove around furiously looking for them and [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]when I found them I started high beaming them to pull over and they sped off and put their lights on like they had an emergency.[/color]

LOL what?
roll.gif
roll.gif
I laughed also. Sounds like something you would see in Superbad.

Am from the 718, got 2 tint tickets in the past 3 yrs, each from LI and my hood and got both of 'em dismissed w/o ever taking off my tints. When I got my tints, my tinter said if I ever got a ticket to come back and he'd make up a fake receipt stating my tints were removed. For my LI ticket, I simply mailed in the ticket along with the fake receipt and it was dismissed. As for the city ticket, I believe you have to show up in court cuz I did, so I brought the fake receipt w/ me but before I presented it to the judge (or even said a word as a matter of fact), he dismissed the ticket because of something the cop said in his testimony (don't remember exactly what he said). But basically, just go to an auto mechanic shop (many on Queens Blvd or across the street from CitiField's parking lot) and pay 'em like $20-$50 to give you fake receipt that shows they removed your tints. And lastly, a word of advice, don't drive your tinted car to court. Good luck!

A ticket for each window..that's a damn shame. That cop pwned you
30t6p3b.gif

Hell my speeding ticket (I was going 35 over) was only $280
laugh.gif

Am from the 718, got 2 tint tickets in the past 3 yrs, each from LI and my hood and got both of 'em dismissed w/o ever taking off my tints. When I got my tints, my tinter said if I ever got a ticket to come back and he'd make up a fake receipt stating my tints were removed. For my LI ticket, I simply mailed in the ticket along with the fake receipt and it was dismissed. As for the city ticket, I believe you have to show up in court cuz I did, so I brought the fake receipt w/ me but before I presented it to the judge (or even said a word as a matter of fact), he dismissed the ticket because of something the cop said in his testimony (don't remember exactly what he said). But basically, just go to an auto mechanic shop (many on Queens Blvd or across the street from CitiField's parking lot) and pay 'em like $20-$50 to give you fake receipt that shows they removed your tints. And lastly, a word of advice, don't drive your tinted car to court. Good luck!

A ticket for each window..that's a damn shame. That cop pwned you
30t6p3b.gif

Hell my speeding ticket (I was going 35 over) was only $280
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mr718

pimp.gif
for hunting down cops
roll.gif
eek.gif

eek.gif

eek.gif

pimp.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Mr718

pimp.gif
for hunting down cops
roll.gif
eek.gif

eek.gif

eek.gif

pimp.gif

roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom