Just got 4 tickets for each window of my car for the tints being to dark... need advice.

Honestly were you being a dickwad??
nerd.gif
 .. B.C thats unusual for a cops to go on a power trip like dat
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

They drove off and I looked at the tickets and saw four... I drove around furiously looking for them and [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]when I found them I started high beaming them to pull over and they sped off and put their lights on like they had an emergency.[/color]

LOL what?
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

They drove off and I looked at the tickets and saw four... I drove around furiously looking for them and [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]when I found them I started high beaming them to pull over and they sped off and put their lights on like they had an emergency.[/color]

LOL what?
roll.gif

Meanwhile, I just got TWO Fandango movie tickets for just $9
smokin.gif

Spoiler [+]
I won

Meanwhile, I just got TWO Fandango movie tickets for just $9
smokin.gif

Spoiler [+]
I won

i'm from NY and i had tints on my 2 cars when i was there for 2 years. if i add them up correctly, i've gotten 18 tickets when they were $90 a piece. that's $1,620 total.
what you do is go to the DMV to the traffic violation department where you can pay fines and such, plead not guilty and hand the tickets in to the clerk. usually you can see the judge right away within the hour. prove that you got the tints taken off (pictures, receipts, etc), and they will just charge you the surcharge on the tickets and drop the fines. doing this will reduce each ticket to $45 (that was when the tickets were $90 each so not sure now). and if you pay them, tint tickets don't stay on your driving record so there is no way for a judge to see it in the future (in case it happens again)

and yes you can be ticketed for each window, although most cops just give you one ticket. the law in NY is no tint on any of the 4 windows on regular cars. SUVs/trucks can have the back windows tinted, and any car can have the rear windshield tinted as long as the car is equipped with side-view mirrors. and you can tint the top 6" of the front windshield

i'm from NY and i had tints on my 2 cars when i was there for 2 years. if i add them up correctly, i've gotten 18 tickets when they were $90 a piece. that's $1,620 total.
what you do is go to the DMV to the traffic violation department where you can pay fines and such, plead not guilty and hand the tickets in to the clerk. usually you can see the judge right away within the hour. prove that you got the tints taken off (pictures, receipts, etc), and they will just charge you the surcharge on the tickets and drop the fines. doing this will reduce each ticket to $45 (that was when the tickets were $90 each so not sure now). and if you pay them, tint tickets don't stay on your driving record so there is no way for a judge to see it in the future (in case it happens again)

and yes you can be ticketed for each window, although most cops just give you one ticket. the law in NY is no tint on any of the 4 windows on regular cars. SUVs/trucks can have the back windows tinted, and any car can have the rear windshield tinted as long as the car is equipped with side-view mirrors. and you can tint the top 6" of the front windshield

cant believe they're allowed to ticket you for each window... when I was 16 i got one ticket for tint(in VA) i pulled it off and brought the car to court and the cop came out and checked it, didnt have to pay anything it just got dismissed.... i also got 5 tickets that day(other "illegal equip") so dismissing one was nothing to them i guess, they wanted me for speeding

cant believe they're allowed to ticket you for each window... when I was 16 i got one ticket for tint(in VA) i pulled it off and brought the car to court and the cop came out and checked it, didnt have to pay anything it just got dismissed.... i also got 5 tickets that day(other "illegal equip") so dismissing one was nothing to them i guess, they wanted me for speeding

dam i got one two my scond one im giving up on tint all together

la allows limo tint on back windows

dam i got one two my scond one im giving up on tint all together

la allows limo tint on back windows

I just got a ticket for my front side windows here in CA. Isn't your ticket a fix-it ticket tho? Mine is like $200 but if I get it removed it's only $25.

Back
Top Bottom