Just got 4 tickets for each window of my car for the tints being to dark... need advice.

take off the tint before you go to court
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by moneymike88

you arent supposed to get tickets for he back windows...those will automatically get thrown out

DO NOT PLEAD GUILTY

Plead not guilty and you'll have a court date about 8 months from now

Exactly. I'm pretty sure back window tints are legal in all states. Stupid pig...

Originally Posted by moneymike88

you arent supposed to get tickets for he back windows...those will automatically get thrown out

DO NOT PLEAD GUILTY

Plead not guilty and you'll have a court date about 8 months from now

Exactly. I'm pretty sure back window tints are legal in all states. Stupid pig...

Originally Posted by FrankMatthews

If you go speak to a court clerk you can get them reduced if you get the tint removed. I went and took a pic of a car exactly like mine that didn't have tints and they reduced my fine. lol

That was what I was going to do either remove them or take a picture of a car just like mine and take it in and say I fixed the problem... sort of like when your taillight or headlight bulb goes out and you get it fixed within a couple of hours and show proof and they revoke the ticket.

The two cops that pulled me over weren't white... one was black (he gave me the ticket) with braids and was smirking and smiling while putting the tint meter on each and every window, and they other cop was hispanic it seemed and didn't say much... they were both under 30 years old.

lol Ive never heard of someone getting a ticket for all 4 windows. But in Cali thats a fix it ticket

lol Ive never heard of someone getting a ticket for all 4 windows. But in Cali thats a fix it ticket

If you go speak to a court clerk you can get them reduced if you get the tint removed. I went and took a pic of a car exactly like mine that didn't have tints and they reduced my fine. lol

That was what I was going to do either remove them or take a picture of a car just like mine and take it in and say I fixed the problem... sort of like when your taillight or headlight bulb goes out and you get it fixed within a couple of hours and show proof and they revoke the ticket.

The two cops that pulled me over weren't white... one was black (he gave me the ticket) with braids and was smirking and smiling while putting the tint meter on each and every window, and they other cop was hispanic it seemed and didn't say much... they were both under 30 years old.

Just checked NYS law and it's 70% for the front and back side windows... I know they changed it, but I didn't know they put a limit on the back.

Just checked NYS law and it's 70% for the front and back side windows... I know they changed it, but I didn't know they put a limit on the back.

They arent supposed to give you one for all windows. Its like double jeapordy.....They cant charge you with speeding twice during one stop.

And did they test all of the windows? if they only tested one, then you have an even better case. (i guess if you cant have tints at all, then it wouldnt matter)

They arent supposed to give you one for all windows. Its like double jeapordy.....They cant charge you with speeding twice during one stop.

And did they test all of the windows? if they only tested one, then you have an even better case. (i guess if you cant have tints at all, then it wouldnt matter)

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

I would go talk to them first to see what kind of proof they require.  Go in there real humble and give a sad story about tough times or something.  See what they want you to do and if they will even reduce it or drop it if you have proof.  They just told me to bring in pics after I took it off.  They may require more from you, idk.

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

I would go talk to them first to see what kind of proof they require.  Go in there real humble and give a sad story about tough times or something.  See what they want you to do and if they will even reduce it or drop it if you have proof.  They just told me to bring in pics after I took it off.  They may require more from you, idk.

Lol OP i suggest you try for a reduce, don't fight the city. NYC is poor enough they won't revoke the ticket. Remove the tints. Doesn't matter what race you are or the cops. Try getting a court date, if your precinct won't do anything.

Lol OP i suggest you try for a reduce, don't fight the city. NYC is poor enough they won't revoke the ticket. Remove the tints. Doesn't matter what race you are or the cops. Try getting a court date, if your precinct won't do anything.

i got tickets for this too in nyc,, got pulled over in midtown ,,, but  they are only supposed to give u tickets for the front windows,, soo basically two tickets,, u can get the back 2 window tickets  dismissed becuase ur allowed to have the back two windows tinted,,, soo they messed up giving you 4

i got tickets for this too in nyc,, got pulled over in midtown ,,, but  they are only supposed to give u tickets for the front windows,, soo basically two tickets,, u can get the back 2 window tickets  dismissed becuase ur allowed to have the back two windows tinted,,, soo they messed up giving you 4

Back
Top Bottom