Jordan Retro 1 OG Royal returns April 1 2017

the amount of kids complaining in sneaker groups that their shoe is "bad quality" and looks "already worn" with pics of perfectly fine tumbled leather is too high.

Havent kept up with the usual nonsense and kids fighting here but when is the restock coming?  Still need a sz 10 
roll.gif

I've read that there's two different types of leather on these. All my in store pairs came with the laces spiraled and they have a stiffer leather than my banneds. Hoping I can get a hold of a pair with tumbled leather like I've been seeing others with. 
Where did you get your pair from seeems like this is the case with pairs that are in store but specifically I've heard this about sp

Missed the drop on these because of work. Need a 10.5 in a decent price - recommendations? Thanks in advance. 

I have zero concerns whether I get this pair or not. Because I already have multiples in my size that I'm stashing. Anything else is a bonus. 

These are sneakers. If I miss out? So what. Pay resell or move on. I've been in this hobby for over a decade and I feel bad for a lot of ya'll who make sneakers your entire life. 
I guess that's me since I have multiples of size 8's,8.5's, and 9's
....don't feel bad for me bro I'm blessed fam.

I dont understand why the footsites stopped taking call in orders. Without call orders why would the call center be needed?
Because hyped releases like this (maybe not this one exactly since retros make a good chunk of profit) make up a small portion of footlockers business. 

Nike stopped phone orders cause of the chip.

Under some new guideline the store is open for chargebacks if they run a chip card without using the chip.

Gift card abuse from surveys added to the decision as well.

But at the end of the day, these kids (not even gonna say adults) swear that when they call in...they're the only customer in the world calling in.

What does "the chip" have to do with phone orders? You can still charge it, regardless

Last edited:
Nike stopped phone orders cause of the chip.

Under some new guideline the store is open for chargebacks if they run a chip card without using the chip.

Gift card abuse from surveys added to the decision as well.

But at the end of the day, these kids (not even gonna say adults) swear that when they call in...they're the only customer in the world calling in.

What is "the chip"?

The security chip embedded in most new credit/debit cards

These are so dope.. Glad I got to snag a pair amidst all the shady stuff. I didnt want to pay resell for these.

Quote:

On one hand it's his job but the other hand, would you want a bunch of random people coming to your job and making it exponentially harder. Some of ya'll feel so entitled. 

They're just trying to come in and make a living. Ya'll grown men harassing them over sneakers. 
comming from the same dude whos part of the reason why that rep was all fed up with this royals 1 phone order business in the first place and gave that bipolar old dude an attitude.. youre 1 of the ones calling back more than once and annoying the hell out of them.

make up ya mind.

Let's tell them that all orders from today will be cancelled so they stop f'n calling 
laugh.gif
Shiet, I placed an order for an extra one. Tried to be greedy and get more and the next rep said my **** getting cancelled
laugh.gif

I just want to see this thread burn honestly

What does "the chip" have to do with phone orders? You can still charge it, regardless
yes you can still charge it but now retailers are liable for any chargebacks if they charge a card without inserting the chip which can't be done over the phone order.

Last edited:
Missed the drop on these because of work. Need a 10.5 in a decent price - recommendations? Thanks in advance. 

wait a few days when people start to get their shipments in from launchday online orders. alot of them will hit the market (goat/stockx/ebay/fb groups) and the going price will drop a good amount. based on banned/bt/top3 releases, its pretty much expected that the prices will get to about $230-245, then slowly rise back up after a month or so.

yes you can but now retailers are liable for any chargebacks if they charge a card without inserting the chip which can't be done over the phone order.

The funny thing about the chip is, every retailer can bypass it. If the chip errors out 3 times after trying, the retailer can just swipe the card and use it that way. Whats the purpose of even having the damn thing then lol?

Man its their job, places get busy sometimes , after this release has passed im sure they will be ok. 

yes you can but now retailers are liable for any chargebacks if they charge a card without inserting the chip which can't be done over the phone order.

The funny thing about the chip is, every retailer can bypass it. If the chip errors out 3 times after trying, the retailer can just swipe the card and use it that way. Whats the purpose of even having the damn thing then lol?
Probably incentives for the vendor if they enforce the use of it.

Last edited:

yes you can still charge it but now retailers are liable for any chargebacks if they charge a card without inserting the chip which can't be done over the phone order.

Wouldn't that be fraudulent?

I mean if you're ordering some shoes from an outlet and filing a chargeback from Nike

Idk what to tell you then :smh:

yeah we get that a lot in my store, its because the US is so late on implementing the chip that they're trying to rush and catch up with the rest of the countries thats been using it for years. So in return, there are a lot of faulty chips out there. If you insert the chip and it errors out 3 times, you do a "fallback swipe" and you can't get penalize for a chargeback because it shows that you tried to use the chip as a payment but the card card company issued a faulty chip. 
Wouldn't that be fraudulent?

I mean if you're ordering some shoes from an outlet and filing a chargeback from Nike

Idk what to tell you then 
mean.gif

Last edited:
the amount of kids complaining in sneaker groups that their shoe is "bad quality" and looks "already worn" with pics of perfectly fine tumbled leather is too high.
Hopefully some of those "bad quality" Royals are size 11. That will give us who stilll need a pair to actually wear a better shot at a decent price.

because it ties up reps and they aren't able to handle normal customers.

Would you want to call in to Footlocker and have to wait an hour to speak to someone, because people are calling in? That's bad customer service.

No I wouldnt want to wait hours, but outside of making returns I dont see any other reason to call customer service and even so, you can do returns online.

I think you are exaggerating.
Man its their job, places get busy sometimes , after this release has passed im sure they will be ok. 

Exactly, without us calling there would be no reason for them.

Someone said GS Satin Royals wont get down to $500..........But they`re already down to $600-$650 from $1100.

I`ll keep waiting. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom