Jordan Retro 1 High "Shattered Backboard"

all these posts about people grabbing raffle tickets and wasting their time.. you guys are missing the whole point.  what if some people like the chase?  a lot of the thrill of the sneaker game these days is the thrill of getting a pair for retail.. that excitement you get when you get through on NDC or get a call from foot locker for winning a pair, hell i haven't won any raffles at all but i still do it.  the feeling of regret when a friend says he got the call and you didn't even try, is pretty ******.

in conclusion, if somebody got the time to get the raffle tickets and drive all around town, don't judge them on it saying "your time could of been spent doing something else", or "you wasted gas money".  it ain't your life!  you don't know that person and their damn schedule/money situation.

end rant
So we purchasing shoes for the thrill now and not the actual shoe? Welp.

Nike Boston still doesn't even know what they're doing 
laugh.gif
Same with Georgetown

all these posts about people grabbing raffle tickets and wasting their time.. you guys are missing the whole point.  what if some people like the chase?  a lot of the thrill of the sneaker game these days is the thrill of getting a pair for retail.. that excitement you get when you get through on NDC or get a call from foot locker for winning a pair, hell i haven't won any raffles at all but i still do it.  the feeling of regret when a friend says he got the call and you didn't even try, is pretty ******.

in conclusion, if somebody got the time to get the raffle tickets and drive all around town, don't judge them on it saying "your time could of been spent doing something else", or "you wasted gas money".  it ain't your life!  you don't know that person and their damn schedule/money situation.

end rant
So we purchasing shoes for the thrill now and not the actual shoe? Welp.

[thread="623131"]Go jump out of plane if you want thrills b:lol: [/thread]

So you're telling me you don't get thrills from buying shoes at retail? don't get me wrong, even if i paid resell prices on a shoe i'll be happy i got the shoes. but the whole process of getting it is part of the experience. i've met many cool cats along the way from camping or talking to people while signing up for raffle tickets, which has also led me to some plugs.

it's funny that you guys know exactly what im saying but find some way to twist words into some sarcastic or negative message just so you can get some reps though.

props.

Lots of talk of everyone going crazy, but it's the usual suspects in an OG 1 thread. A lot of us just love the AJ1, quality materials and shape, and collect them. I don't think most of us are the problem with this release though. It's amazing how screwed up Nike is at the moment.

end rant
It's been said multiple times people understand. 

Those posts are usually in response to ppl who like the "thrill" and have the time calling out people who paid preorder or resale mark up.

Feelings mutual bro, no one is judging the thrill seekers as long as they keep their mouth shut about career oriented ppl who make their choices bc they dont have time to be chasing the "thrill"
i feel like im on both sides, i got a job that pays salary and is flexible with my lunch hours.  so i got time to enter raffles, i am in san diego though so every place i go is within 20 mins.  i also bought the sobesole preorder cause i can afford it.. so at least i got a pair, lmao.

So you're telling me you don't get thrills from buying shoes at retail? don't get me wrong, even if i paid resell prices on a shoe i'll be happy i got the shoes. but the whole process of getting it is part of the experience. i've met many cool cats along the way from camping or talking to people while signing up for raffle tickets, which has also led me to some plugs.

it's funny that you guys know exactly what im saying but find some way to twist words into some sarcastic or negative message just so you can get some reps though.

props.
The experience to me is so messed up now, it rarely ever gives me a thrill..I'm more focused on the end vs the means to the end..now you have to jump through a million hoops to get a shoe that you want.

Having the shoes on my feet is enough for me

props.
Again bro, those are your experiences.

Last pair I lined up/raffled for was SJ back in the days and I remember it being so unpleasant having to make so many trips only to get the shoe. While waiting in line i was bombarded with kids asking for 600 for those in line and fights happening in the line, overall i found the experience annoying and would prefer to just cop without the nonsense.

Just no reason to give people a hard time cause they have more free time to do raffles. This is a teenage hobby by and large. It would make sense us old dudes aren't hitting as many raffles. But if you do some hypothetical math, getting 5-10 tickets vs 50... your odds are maybe a couple percentage points higher. After Chicagos I remembered why I don't do raffles. You can enter 50 times but that's a kick in the bucket, especially spread out over stores.

And for the dudes paying resale prices, fine... but I don't see any point in bragging about locking down a pair of Air Jordan 1's for $500+

props.
Again bro, those are your experiences.

Last pair I lined up/raffled for was SJ back in the days and I remember it being so unpleasant having to make so many trips only to get the shoe. While waiting in line i was bombarded with kids asking for 600 for those in line and fights happening in the line, overall i found the experience annoying and would prefer to just cop without the nonsense.
i feel you man, everyone has different experiences just like everything else related to life.

i'm just preaching less *****ing from both sides, these threads these days are filled with nothing but *****ing and moaning while talk about the shoe is probably 20% of all the posts.  i'm not trying to speak up any side from camping to buying a preorder.

sorry for your crappy experience, i'm guessing you live in a big city?  i've camped a few times out here in san diego and we got a small community here since san diego aint that big, you end up seeing the same people at raffles and etc. so it was all good to have more of a comradery than just competition

i feel you man, everyone has different experiences just like everything else related to life.

i'm just preaching less *****ing from both sides, these threads these days are filled with nothing but *****ing and moaning while talk about the shoe is probably 20% of all the posts.  i'm not trying to speak up any side from camping to buying a preorder.

sorry for your crappy experience, i'm guessing you live in a big city?  i've camped a few times out here in san diego and we got a small community here since san diego aint that big, you end up seeing the same people at raffles and etc. so it was all good to have more of a comradery than just competition
Yea, used to live in Houston. Live in Austin now, a lot less ppl but also a lot less stores carrying and a lot more shady stuff going on. I took a break from shoes when IMO Jordan Brand was at its worst in terms of quality. Just coming back to this is a huge culture shock bc of all these new things and the new price range. I am much better off than I was back when i was in school, so I make my choice to not deal with that part of the culture anymore but I can totally understand those that want to go trhough with it, I was there once. 

To be honest with you, i have been putting in raffles at all the stores in austin, < 1hr drive for me, but i've never won anything. I have no luck in terms of fighting bots on those sites so online release is slim to none chance for me. My only option to secure the shoe whether I like it or not is paying more, so it gets annoying from times to time seeing younger kids who are in a different spot in life come in and tell me im dumb for spending my money a certain way.

curupira curupira from what I understand, most of Austin stores are backdooring or preselling these at $300-$350. From my dude that lives down there you pretty much have to get on board with that or accept that you're not going to get anything in-person there. And Houston seems like it's just as bad, just on a bigger scale.

lol @ the trill. buying shows is like a rollercoaster now?
if you aint thrilled about getting the shoes.. why you buying em?

smh
Idk bro maybe it's just that word, doesn't exactly fit to me. That isn't the word to describe it to me. It fits for grailed but this isn't OG or anything, has a story behind it but nothing for folks to bend over backwards for. That thrilling feeling is actually hype.

@Curupira from what I understand, most of Austin stores are backdooring or preselling these at $300-$350. From my dude that lives down there you pretty much have to get on board with that or accept that you're not going to get anything in-person there. And Houston seems like it's just as bad, just on a bigger scale.
Repped brother. Thanks for sharing that information.

Thing is i never shop at any of those places on a regular basis, do i just go in there and asked straight up, i just feel like they wouldnt even give me the real if i do?

[@=/u/169571/Curupira]@Curupira[/@] from what I understand, most of Austin stores are backdooring or preselling these at $300-$350. From my dude that lives down there you pretty much have to get on board with that or accept that you're not going to get anything in-person there. And Houston seems like it's just as bad, just on a bigger scale.
Repped brother. Thanks for sharing that information.

Thing is i never shop at any of those places on a regular basis, do i just go in there and asked straight up, i just feel like they wouldnt even give me the real if i do?
If you're going to walk in there and ask about paying them off for a release, be prepared for them to play dumb if they don't recognize/know you. As far as these go... from what I can tell it's probably already a wrap with reserved and/or backdoor pairs already done.

Idk bro maybe it's just that word, doesn't exactly fit to me. That isn't the word to describe it to me. It fits for grailed but this isn't OG or anything, has a story behind it but nothing for folks to bend over backwards for. That thrilling feeling is actually hype.
he wasnt just talking about this shoe, just being able to cop in general. It is a good feeling. I smile big when I see that footlocker number pop up on my phone lol

Back
Top Bottom