Jordan Retro 1 High "Shattered Backboard"

Resellers win, because the overpricing doens't equate to the effort compared to winning a raffle or copping online.

....and the- admittedly slight- risk involved (you get in an accident on the highway that causes you to spend up to your deductible and suddenly you just paid $500 for a raffle ticket).
People would never leave the house if people really thought like that....not even for work.
lol crazy thing is I got in an accident after I copped my Melo 1s last year from Niketown in Long Island, it's def a possibility.

lol crazy thing is I got in an accident after I copped my Melo 1s last year from Niketown in Long Island, it's def a possibility.
Damn!

It's a possibility but not added certainty that it will happen.  No different that doing your normal routine.

on a release like the SBBs, it's really waste of everything if you are driving around for more than 5 different spots. We all know these shoes are more limited than the Chicagos and the store employees are rigging it left and right, and there are already a lot more people lined up to get the SBB raffle tickets than what I saw for Chicagos. so if you do the math, you almost have 0 chances.

getting the tickets near where you live is resonable and good for you that you are spreading your chances. but more than 5 different locations? i've seen a few dudes with 20+ tickets for chicagos. that right there is straight dumb. I'm not at all saying participating on a few raffle tickets is stupid but, c'mon, 20+?? that's pure stupidity.

these aren't even OG colorway. don't let Nike hype take advantage of you kids!. After trying a few raffles, and online, I failed on Chicagos. So I paid resell because they are my #1 Js since childhood. On the other hand, I'm not paying resell for these over-hyped-non-OG shoes.
I'm just counting on my luck on my 3 raffle tickets and online on release date. retail or pass for me on these.

Last edited:
its weird that the only times i see raffle lines are the winter holiday releases (breds), literally walked in and out of every store for these

People would never leave the house if everyone really thought like that....not even for work.

my example was extreme, i fully admit it. and while i'm not trying to argue semantics ... people would absolutely still go to work. you HAVE to work. you WANT cool sneakers. you pass accidents every day on your drive to the office, yet you're still on the road the very next morning.

victorious victorious Agreed.

With the average cost of gas being at $3.55, I would rather spend $14-$21 for 4-6 gallons to drive around for a chance at retail than paying $100-$200 over retail, but the truth be told, I end up paying resell anyways :smh:

Last edited:
Took me three hours from 2-5pm to hit up three malls in Houston. Might have been a quarter tank of gas or less. Yall gonna tell me paying resell would be the same thing? LOL

I see both sides trust me but those three raffles still a doesn't guarantee anything that's the major issue.. Good luck hope you hit.

BTW I do raffles too only to a certain extent

Took me three hours from 2-5pm to hit up three malls in Houston. Might have been a quarter tank of gas or less. Yall gonna tell me paying resell would be the same thing? LOL

Resellers win, because the overpricing doens't equate to the effort compared to winning a raffle or copping online.
@victoriousAgreed.

With the average cost of gas being at $3.55, I would rather spend $14-$21 for 4-6 gallons to drive around for a chance at retail than paying $100-$200 over retail, but the truth be told, I end up paying resell anyways
mean.gif
Depends on how much your time is worth per hr
^ couldnt have answered those better my friend!

Last edited:

good for you. I'm very interested to see how many raffles you will actually win. Please do post pictures and let us know if you do get at least one pair. very interested.

For everyone one saying if you drive around getting tickets you better off paying resale. How does a few hours of driving around to get tickets equal paying about 400$ over retail. Don't get me wrong I never went crazy for raffle tickets but if you ain't working and got free time I rather collect tickets then pay a reseller.

Depends on the person and situation man... Depends on how much time cost to you... For me driving around and spending the whole day signing up for raffles just for a CHANCE to win a pair for retail is straight waste of time. I probably spend an hour the most for raffles. I value my time too much, even on my day off. That's time away from my Wife, kids, and family. Not to mention gas, mileage, and wear and tear on your car. You doing all that just for a chance to win a super limited pair of shoe with a high chance of striking out. You just wasted all that time if you strike out. Then you back to looking for another pair for resell if you really want the shoe. When you could have had a pair for much cheaper resell price.

But me... I will never drive around for raffles or pay ridiculous resell price period.

Last edited:
Y'all really going back and forth about driving around for raffles and if it's a waste of time/money or not? Yeah, let me leave. 

Last edited:

Careers > 3 hours possibly wasted to get 1 pair of sneakers.
i work mornings, my job ends at 1PM so I'm good.
I see both sides trust me but those three raffles still a doesn't guarantee anything that's the major issue.. Good luck hope you hit.

BTW I do raffles too only to a certain extent
all i need is a chance. if i miss out, i just move on to the next. can't remember the last time I paid resell for a shoe and the most I have paid and will ever pay for a sneaker is no more than $300

i think its hilarious that dudes are trying to justify paying resell over doing leg work by saying "but you might get an acccident!!" LOL well you can get into an accident anytime you leave the house so lets all just stay inside where we are all safe. 

Last edited:
I'll enter a raffle if its in the course of my day, I'm not driving around specifically for a raffle. That's just me tho as I've said Nike/JB gonna have to put in work, make more product, and do their homework knowing which products have the bigger demand, to get my money. I'll hop a couple fences but ain't jumping through hoops for em. (ETA I would enter multiple raffles time permitting before paying resell/preorder. I mean a true preorder where I pay and then pick up on RD)

Last edited:
First time doing the raffle thing. Usually try online and strikeout so figured why not give it a shot.

Anyone in the Bay know when Serramonte HOH and Hillsdale HOH start calling to notify winners (assuming some are actually raffled off)?

Last edited:
@BayArea23  touches upon it, It's just priorities. It differs between everyone. Not knocking you cats who spent hours with raffles, we all have the same 24 hours. How you spend it is your choice. 

Now if you do win multiple raffles and don't oop to another good NT'er, shame on you.
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom