pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
well said sir.
Thanks champ.

whenever i look at a Top 5 albums of all time, I always see 1 Nas album, but never see a Jay album. so how do NTers argue that Jay has a better discography than Nas????

(..your own logic, thrown back in your face.)

I personally never said Jay has a better discography than Nas but I do favor Jay's discography over Nas's. However, noticed what I said.....wheneverwe discuss Top 20 or 25 hip hop albums of all time I see a Jay album and a Nas album, I have never seen a Em album mentioned. Matter of fact, I don'tthink anyone Em album is even held in high regard like Illmatic or Reasonable Doubt for that matter, get the picture champ?? When it comes down to it, withinthe hip hop community people will be bumping Jay's music more than Em's. Whether you or anybody elses likes that point is irrelevant, but it is whatit is, the truth.

what does jay rap about? and what makes that better in the world of almighty rap than what em raps about?

More people relate to Jay and his raps or subject matter than they do Em's.

he is a worse rapper in the technical aspect of rap than all of the people listed above
**Biggie**........."It's obvious the game's new to ya!!"

jayz albums other than RD and BP, flame out REAL quick. theyre awesome for there time but get old quick. you can tell it came out when it did. he has stayinpower and is in the top 5 but he is not the goat. anyone claiming him as the goat is overrating him.

most overrated rapper ever title goes to 2pac. by FAR

Originally Posted by SylvesterMcGrizzly

^^^^^that's exactly what I'm tryin to say mjsaver...we are "there"
Good to hear, thats a rarity for NT...

GLAD WERE ON THE SAME PAGE...

I get what your saying fam on some "slow and steady wins the race" type steez, but the way Big overshadowed him at the time, I didnt believe Jay would have made it down the stretch if Big was still around. But that's just me.

Not really on some "slow and steady type steez" but more so on some just because you sprint out the gates faster than everyone else doesn't meanyour going to win or even have enough gas to complete the race. For example, look at how hot DMX started out, and look at him now. For all intense purposeshe's just about forgotten about, moreso because he keeps on getting arrested every other week and most likely is dressing up as a FBI investigator at alocal airport near you. Some people might even say that DMX was hotter than Jay at a point in time, which may or may not have been the case. However, as itstands TODAY at this current moment in time you couldn't find anyone that would take DMX over Jay. DMX started out real hot, and now he's more thanice cold.

... And compare that to the west... Since Death Row was "smashing" Bad Boy and all...
Didn't Ready To Die outsell Me Against The World while both Pac and BIG were livin??

Do you really want to compare albums sells between Death Row and Bad Boy?? Believe me you Nay, that's an argument your notgoing to win or even have a leg to stand on champ.

but for me I just feel em is ahead of them greats from a technical standpoint ...

You can talk that TECHNICAL talk all day long until you can't talk it no more Marley, at the end of the day Jay's musicwill stand the test of times, Em's music may as well but not like Jay's.

The east coast survived off of the templete LAD laid down, and Jay Z modled his career after it... Listen to his albums its CLEAR...
Personally I feel like LAD took the "I'm getting money and you aint" theme off of Jay's Reasonable Doubt, as I stated regardingLAD before........."MC's use to be on cruddy %%@*, took home Reasonable Doubt, listen study %%@*, NOW THEY (BIGGIE) on some money %%@*,successful out the blue"

Just because it didnt sell record numbers is misleading. PEOPLE WERE REALLY FELLING THAT ALBUM..

Talk to 'em!!

if BIG was around lord jay would be in trouble

You and alot of other people keeping stating this point but unless you are able to predict the future you have no way of proving this.

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

I feel you mjsaver, but for me I just feel em is ahead of them greats from a technical standpoint ... which is why i have him as my favorite rapper to listen to at any given moment in time ... and he JUST moved ahead of scarface on my list off the strength of relapse because he displays his abilities to the point where u just can't deny them ... if people listened to relapse with an open mind and didn't worry about 7% of the album being in an 'accent' and 12% of the album being about material that they just 'can't relate to' then they would see te skill that I do ...

My personal top 5 goes ...

1. Eminem
2. Scarface
3. Nas
4. Pac
5. BIG

For the record
Even Em would slap you for that.
laugh.gif

Ems great, but he is not the GOAT.

Em knows everyone else on your list is better than him and he's even said it in a song before (besides Scarface, on Till I Collapse).

People in this topic that are completely bashing Hov like he's bad are ridiculous, I can understand not liking him or not having him as your GOAT, but tocompletely disregard everything he's done like he's sub par is stupid.

Quick question, everyone says if Big didn't die Jay wouldn't be where he is today. But who's to say Big would still be that dude?. Not evolving w/time, changing record labels all could contribute to Big falling off. Just look @ how Snoop Dogg fell off, who's to say that wouldn't be Big, I meanDiddy would've been exposed for the _ that he is & then who'd still be rocking w/ Big.

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

I feel you mjsaver, but for me I just feel em is ahead of them greats from a technical standpoint ... which is why i have him as my favorite rapper to listen to at any given moment in time ... and he JUST moved ahead of scarface on my list off the strength of relapse because he displays his abilities to the point where u just can't deny them ... if people listened to relapse with an open mind and didn't worry about 7% of the album being in an 'accent' and 12% of the album being about material that they just 'can't relate to' then they would see te skill that I do ...

My personal top 5 goes ...

1. Eminem
2. Scarface
3. Nas
4. Pac
5. BIG

For the record
Even Em would slap you for that.
laugh.gif

Ems great, but he is not the GOAT.

Em knows everyone else on your list is better than him and he's even said it in a song before (besides Scarface, on Till I Collapse).

You act like he saying Soulja Boy is the GOAT, Em at least deserves to be in the convo, no? If Jay does, why not Em? They came out the same year, both havesolid catalogues, their 2 of the most talented MC's EVER, they've both made tremendous impacts on hip hop and they both sold a crap load of records.

Ok and Em was battle rapping... They were both on the come up.

I believe his debut was on a BDK album in '94 so I guess if you wanna say he was out before Em, he technically was, but they both dropped their debutalbums in '96.

Originally Posted by AKA Anthony

I believe his debut was on a BDK album in '94 so I guess if you wanna say he was out before Em, he technically was, but they both dropped their debut albums in '96.
Nah bro.

Jay made his debut in 88/89.

JAZ-O - The Originators (feat Jay-Z)
Uploaded by homhom - Music videos, artist interviews, concerts and more.

Hawaiian Sophie anyone?

One of the main knocks against Hov is that he had been out for a while and couldn't get popping until he switched from that fast flow.

Also you got the joint w/ Original Flavor. But I think that was in the 90's

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by AKA Anthony

I believe his debut was on a BDK album in '94 so I guess if you wanna say he was out before Em, he technically was, but they both dropped their debut albums in '96.
Nah bro.

Jay made his debut in 88/89.

Hawaiian Sophie anyone?

One of the main knocks against Hov is that he had been out for a while and couldn't get popping until he switched from that fast flow.

Also you got the joint w/ Original Flavor. But I think that was in the 90's
or started trying to be like BIG ... lets face it, dude tried his hardest to b like someone who was better than him and just sad to say it luckedout when BIG passed ... a damn shame

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

Reggie
Jay Z
2Pac & Biggie
Andre from Outkast
Jada
Kurupt
Nas
AND THEN ME!!! So I guess Eminem is out of this GOAT discussion

and as for this ... notice how he was still doing a song? name another way those names could rhyme together for two bars without em putting "me" atthe top and being like jay thinking hes the best rapper alive and disrespecting great artists in general ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...yall are so ignorant its funny ... notice how he emphasizes the zeeeeeeeeeeee in jay-z to work with biggie ... notice how jay-z sounds extremely like biggiesyllable wise and pronunciation wise ... dudes taking a list in a song for fact like its the 10 commandments ... and everyone knows rakim is ems greatestinfluence hes said it numerous times ... $$+! outta here

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

Reggie
Jay Z
2Pac & Biggie
Andre from Outkast
Jada
Kurupt
Nas
AND THEN ME!!! So I guess Eminem is out of this GOAT discussion

and as for this ... notice how he was still doing a song? name another way those names could rhyme together for two bars without em putting "me" at the top and being like jay thinking hes the best rapper alive and disrespecting great artists in general ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... yall are so ignorant its funny ... notice how he emphasizes the zeeeeeeeeeeee in jay-z to work with biggie ... notice how jay-z sounds extremely like biggie syllable wise and pronunciation wise ... dudes taking a list in a song for fact like its the 10 commandments ... and everyone knows rakim is ems greatest influence hes said it numerous times ... $$+! outta here

But you're the one who said Jay was giving praises to Em in a BLOG lol!!! A blog, but I'm ignorant for taking Eminem for his WORD?.

aiight i get it now ... you just arent too bright LOL ... a blog coming from the person is more credible than a song buddy ... i dont even know why im arguingwith you you think c3 is better than relapse and i bet lil wayne would rip his lip ring out if he heard you say that ... ignored

aiight i get it now ... you just arent too bright LOL ... a blog coming from the person is more credible than a song buddy ... i dont even know why im arguing with you you think c3 is better than relapse and i bet lil wayne would rip his lip ring out if he heard you say that ... ignored

He's said in numerous interviews that he does not blog, facebook, twitter etc "I don't do the net & I never been on myspace. To busy lettingmy voice vibrate".

Originally Posted by Deuce King

I get what your saying fam on some "slow and steady wins the race" type steez, but the way Big overshadowed him at the time, I didnt believe Jay would have made it down the stretch if Big was still around. But that's just me.

Not really on some "slow and steady type steez" but more so on some just because you sprint out the gates faster than everyone else doesn't mean your going to win or even have enough gas to complete the race. For example, look at how hot DMX started out, and look at him now. For all intense purposes he's just about forgotten about, moreso because he keeps on getting arrested every other week and most likely is dressing up as a FBI investigator at a local airport near you. Some people might even say that DMX was hotter than Jay at a point in time, which may or may not have been the case. However, as it stands TODAY at this current moment in time you couldn't find anyone that would take DMX over Jay. DMX started out real hot, and now he's more than ice cold.

... And compare that to the west... Since Death Row was "smashing" Bad Boy and all...
Didn't Ready To Die outsell Me Against The World while both Pac and BIG were livin??

Do you really want to compare albums sells between Death Row and Bad Boy?? Believe me you Nay, that's an argument your not going to win or even have a leg to stand on champ.

but for me I just feel em is ahead of them greats from a technical standpoint ...

You can talk that TECHNICAL talk all day long until you can't talk it no more Marley, at the end of the day Jay's music will stand the test of times, Em's music may as well but not like Jay's.

The east coast survived off of the templete LAD laid down, and Jay Z modled his career after it... Listen to his albums its CLEAR...
Personally I feel like LAD took the "I'm getting money and you aint" theme off of Jay's Reasonable Doubt, as I stated regarding LAD before........."MC's use to be on cruddy %%@*, took home Reasonable Doubt, listen study %%@*, NOW THEY (BIGGIE) on some money %%@*, successful out the blue"

Just because it didnt sell record numbers is misleading. PEOPLE WERE REALLY FELLING THAT ALBUM..

Talk to 'em!!

if BIG was around lord jay would be in trouble

You and alot of other people keeping stating this point but unless you are able to predict the future you have no way of proving this.

Ok... I was gonna count from when Pac signed with Death Row to his death to When BIG signed with Bad Boy to his death... But that wouldn't be close (orfair to an extent)... So from 1992-1997 Death Row Records released 7 albums 5 compilations sold 33 Million copies... (But the East CoastWest beef wasnt really till late-94/95 - 97)

Now Bad Boy from 94-97 released 8 albums sold 29.5 Million Copies...

How did BIG take the " "I'm getting money and you aint" theme off of Jay?? BIG had Junior Mafia Conspiracy out almost a year beforeReasonable Doubt even dropped... *!+% the hit single was "Get Money" & "Gettin Money"(Remix)... BIG was on that money *!+% beforeanyone knew or cared about Jay...Unless you were a DJ in 95, I don't remember anyone caring about a Jay Z release. You mean to tell me BIG wasn'talready on that *!+%?? The album damn near revolved around BIG being the boss and Junior Mafia was his team of lieutenants...

What did Jay do on Reasonable Doubt that wasn't done the year before with Doe Or Die/Cuban Linx/Conspiracy... Even NaS was on that Don/Mafioso *!+% beforeJay...

im glad to see someone knows what they are talking about ... i mean we can argue all day about who we think is the best but to disagree with facts is justignorant ... people give jay waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much credit for %#%$ ...

Back
Top Bottom