JAY-Z is the GREATEST

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

aiight i get it now ... you just arent too bright LOL ... a blog coming from the person is more credible than a song buddy ... i dont even know why im arguing with you you think c3 is better than relapse and i bet lil wayne would rip his lip ring out if he heard you say that ... ignored
Jay-Z doesn't blog.

What Eminem says in a song has much more meaning than a fake blog that you don't even have the link to.

Also, that list of Em's isn't in that order for rhyming, there's plenty of ways he could have said that list and still rhymed if he really wantedto change it. That's the order of his list, he didn't compromise to rhyme.
laugh.gif

But agreed that C3 is garbage. I doubt Wayne would get mad if you told him C3 was better though, dude thinks he's the best rapper alive.
laugh.gif

Where is this Jay Z blog LilStar I got you in these Em debates but you seem to be pulling stuff out of your %@*. I dont believe the Rakim is the heaviestinfluence but thats neither here nor there. I really want to see this HovaBlog
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Where is this Jay Z blog LilStar I got you in these Em debates but you seem to be pulling stuff out of your %@*. I dont believe the Rakim is the heaviest influence but thats neither here nor there. I really want to see this HovaBlog
laugh.gif
Seriously...dude is bringing up a blog, something Jay-Z has said he does not do, saying he lost the link, and not even having a quote from it.
laugh.gif

By the way LilStar, I think Em is great, an all time great, probably my top 10 so don't get me wrong when I'm arguing against him.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Where is this Jay Z blog LilStar I got you in these Em debates but you seem to be pulling stuff out of your %@*. I dont believe the Rakim is the heaviest influence but thats neither here nor there. I really want to see this HovaBlog
laugh.gif

From what I remember Em said 1 of his heaviest influences was REDMAN!!!! & there is no Hovablog cause he doesn't do the net

(or fair to an extent)... So from 1992-1997 Death Row Records released 7 albums 5 compilations sold 33 Million copies... (But the East Coast West beef wasnt really till late-94/95 - 97)

Now Bad Boy from 94-97 released 8 albums sold 29.5 Million Copies...

Thanks for proving my case Nay.

How did BIG take the " "I'm getting money and you aint" theme off of Jay?? BIG had Junior Mafia Conspiracy out almost a year before Reasonable Doubt even dropped... *!+% the hit single was "Get Money" & "Gettin Money"(Remix)... BIG was on that money *!+% before anyone knew or cared about Jay...Unless you were a DJ in 95, I don't remember anyone caring about a Jay Z release

When did Dead President's I release??

What did Jay do on Reasonable Doubt that wasn't done the year before with Doe Or Die/Cuban Linx/Conspiracy... Even NaS was on that Don/Mafioso *!+% before Jay...

Jay gave a more in-depth view of that kingpin/mafioso talk. He talked about the consequences of this lifestyle and the actual thought process behind hustling. Something that had NOT been done before on this level. He gave layers to his raps, versus just the normal drug talk that we had heard before. All whilebeing witty with his rhyme scheme as well.

Do Or Die & RD has the EXACT same content, literally from top to bottom. RD was better, but I mean, Jay himself would tell you Do or Die influenced hisalbum (he asked AZ to be in the 'Dead Presidents' video, Dead Presidents 3 had AZ tribute bars).

What??
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
that's 3 years compared to 5... I had to throw in 3 movie soundtracks (with various artists) and a greatest hits for Death Row to even beover 30... further more Death Row only released 3 or 4 albums during the so called East Vs West 2 of them were Pac albums (one of which was posthumous)... Sothis theory about Death Row "smashing" Bad Boy is flat out FALSE...

Wait... Jay was the FIRST person to do that?? Mafioso rap RULED 1995... Jay *+*% dropped around summer of 96... He wasn't the FIRST to do anything,that's why he's sitting @ the table in the "Dead Presidents" video with A and BIG getting a cosign from them...

Do Or Die & RD has the EXACT same content, literally from top to bottom. RD was better, but I mean, Jay himself would tell you Do or Die influenced his album (he asked AZ to be in the 'Dead Presidents' video, Dead Presidents 3 had AZ tribute bars).

That's good to know, but the comparison here is between Jay Z and Biggie, not Jay Z and AZ. I do however appreciate the input.

What??
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
that's 3 years compared to 5... I had to throw in 3 movie soundtracks (with various artists) and a greatest hits for Death Row to even be over 30... further more Death Row only released 3 or 4 albums during the so called East Vs West 2 of them were Pac albums (one of which was posthumous)... So this theory about Death Row "smashing" Bad Boy is flat out FALSE...

No matter how you slice it, divide it or try to chop it up, Death Row smashed Bad Boy. Now thats not to take anything away from Bad Boy causethey had a great run and changed the game as well. It's just that Death Row had the advantage over them.

Wait... Jay was the FIRST person to do that?? Mafioso rap RULED 1995... Jay *+*% dropped around summer of 96... He wasn't the FIRST to do anything, that's why he's sitting @ the table in the "Dead Presidents" video with A and BIG getting a cosign from them...

Notice what you asked me. You asked what did Jay rap about on Reasonable Doubt that was so different than say OB4CL or Do or Die. I answered thequestion, he added a different dimension or a different angle to the mafioso rap.
people just cant get over the fact hat they are wrong on facts lolololololololol ...

Still waiting on this mysterious Jay Z blog to appear before the music forum community Marley that only YOU of allpeople saw
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

"Rainy Dayz"??
"Heaven & Hell"??
"North Star"??
Those record wernt in depth descriptions about the life of a hustler??

"Everyday Struggle"??
"Ready To Die"??
"Warning"??
Those wernt in depth descriptions about the life of a hustler??

So you're REALLY gonna go on believing that Reasonable Doubt was the first to go indepth when these ENTIRE albums were build around just that??... DueceYou my man, but you're dead WRONG...

actually i took it from another ntr buddy so yeah ... good one though

you up there arguing against facts and then twisting words around to try and make your point relevant when it isnt ... jay-z is the ultimate hypocrite in therap industry ... "im not a biter im a writer for myself and others i say a big verse... " and so on ... bunch of mularkey his whole rap persona wasbased off biggie and the way those other ny cats were rapping ... not saying the dude didnt have the skill but to argue that he was his own rapper and was allgroundbreaking is false ... RD being groundbreaking is FALSE ...

as i said before, RD wasnt 1/100th of what it is today back then because biggie killed dude in every aspect ... no one was checking for jay like that unlessyou were heavy into rap and did music for a living ... just another cd ... but now its getting compared to illmatic lol ...

That's good to know, but the comparison here is between Jay Z and Biggie, not Jay Z and AZ. I do however appreciate the input.

nerd.gif
Hmmm........ The argument going on had to with RD. My response wastriggered from you saying

What did Jay do on Reasonable Doubt that wasn't done the year before with Doe Or Die/Cuban Linx/Conspiracy... Even NaS was on that Don/Mafioso *!+% before Jay...

Jay gave a more in-depth view of that kingpin/mafioso talk. He talked about the consequences of this lifestyle and the actual thought process behind hustling. Something that had NOT been done before on this level. He gave layers to his raps, versus just the normal drug talk that we had heard before. All while being witty with his rhyme scheme as well.

which was off-base, so I spoke. Used DOD as an ex, which was already brought up.

Cant swing-and-miss when be condescending, just looks silly...

So you're REALLY gonna go on believing that Reasonable Doubt was the first to go indepth when these ENTIRE albums were build around just that??... Duece You my man, but you're dead WRONG...
Pretty much.

So you're REALLY gonna go on believing that Reasonable Doubt was the first to go indepth when these ENTIRE albums were build around just that??... Duece You my man, but you're dead WRONG...

To me YES Reasonable Doubt was first to discuss this subject matter in this manner. I can see why some people would consider Do or Die to bea precursor so to speak for Reasonable Doubt or Reasonable Doubt co-siding with Do or Die, I truly can. However, to ME Reasonable Doubt as a whole has morelayers to it than Do or Die. In regards to Ready to Die and Reasonable Doubt, those two albums as a whole are completely different to me. Biggie may have 1or 2 songs that may fit the theme to Reasonable Doubt that we're discussing. On another note, put it like this between those 3 albums I'll takeReasonable Doubt, Ready to Die, Do or Die, in that order.

So now your claiming you received that false information for another uninformed NTer. That makes the situation look that much more worse on your end. That's what you do champ, just go around spreading rumors and here say nonsense huh. That automatically qualifies you for FRAUD status champ.

Used DOD as an ex, which was already brought up.

Cant swing-and-miss when be condescending, just looks silly...

I hear ya, and hopefully I addressed this point with my first statement in this post.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

So now your claiming you received that false information for another uninformed NTer. That makes the situation look that much more worse on your end. That's what you do champ, just go around spreading rumors and here say nonsense huh. That automatically qualifies you for FRAUD status champ.

laugh.gif
you my man deuce you really are, but you remind of thatkid in class that studys and studys and studys and still fails the test LOL ... you failing in your other argument and you call on your personal opinion whenat first you were arguing like it was fact
roll.gif
... but its all good thoughthe ******** still suck

It's like people on here zone out to an artist for while and then come on niketalk and proclaim the rapper to be the greatest. I loose count of how manytimes I've seen post like this.

Greatest for me. He's coming to Chicago July 7th....getting my tix tomorrow morn.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by QuestLife

no other rapper has been able to play both commercial and street lanes for over 10 albums and still stay relavent through the way hiphop has been changing. Jay is THAT DUDE.

<>
that has nothing to do with his actual rapping skills. that is due to his business sense... the commercialized songs on all his albums, Rocawear clothing, signing/promoting Kanye, marrying Beyonce (not saying that was a business move, but it kept him in the news), faking his retirement, etc etc... AG and Kingdom Come were both subpar efforts musically, but it was other stuff and not his actual music that kept him relevant.

I'll tell you this much, Jay's albums are better than Em's albums. It's kinda funny, whenever we have a Top 20 or Top 25 albums of all time on here or on any hip hop publication or website, I see at least 1 Jay album, but never see a Em album, but yet somehow you dudes expect me and others to believe Em's albums are better than Jay's......
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

whenever i look at a Top 5 albums of all time, I always see 1 Nas album, but never see a Jay album. so how do NTers argue that Jay has a better discography than Nas????

(..your own logic, thrown back in your face.)

that actually says A LOT about his rapping abilities.i personally think jay is the best RAPPER, metaphors, stories(could be better), girl joints,double entendres, all that. but him being the greatest has a lot more to do that just rapping skills. hes a dope artist as well. picks great production, andalways stays relavent.who from jays era can drop an album right now and have the world going crazy? not many. his worst album is > alot of peoples best.and if u honestly think AG is subpar we just have different taste in music.

He's not the greatest rapper, but he's still a better rapper than the starter of this topic is at making original topics.

Back
Top Bottom