January Wrestling Thread/Tonight NXT 8PM EST/RIP Mean Gene Okerlaud

Alexa having a back spasm?

tenor.gif

FORMER WWE WRITER PROVIDES SIX-POINT PLAN TO FIX RAW
By H Jenkins Last updated Dec 17, 2018

WWE has a lot of issues right now, but one former writer has some pretty great ideas about how to turn things around.

Brian Maxwell Mann, a former writer for WWE recently commented on a post showing Matt Riddle doing not much of anything on the Sunday of WWE TLC.

Mann then provided a six-point example of how WWE could turn things around. He referenced Riddle by saying: “next time people give you an excuse for raw’s ratings, remember there’s nothing stopping WWE from putting this man on tv.”

Then he had some other great ideas to share which he picked up over the course of his career in the entertainment industry.

“btw, there’s A LOT of ways WWE could change the way they produce programming to make a three hour show work. here’s a few.”

“1) treat Raw as three one hour shows, rather than one three hour program. figure out ways to make each unique so show doesn’t get stall.”

“2) assign specific writers to specific characters/programs. the most experienced ones are given the main event, next tier is IC, and so forth.”

“3) have a showrunner who provides finishing touches/keeps a bird’s eye view but DOES NOT write. like Lorne does on SNL.”

“4) rotate characters in and out, keeping the programming fresh/building anticipation. ex – Monday Night Football doesn’t have the same two teams every week.”

“5) announce big segments/matches WEEKS out. SNL reveals guest hosts way in advance.”

“6) finally, and most importantly, TRUST the writers. to a person, everyone who I’ve ever met who worked on creative LOVED wrestling. you have to do that job.”

“however, the main problem is exactly what I was told when I started there – “at the end of the day, this show has one writer.”

I think as we’ve all grown, we’ve understood why Rocky rolled out. Cena was just a hurt fan like us. Respect to him speaking on it.

Back
Top Bottom