January Wrestling Thread/Tonight NXT 8PM EST/RIP Mean Gene Okerlaud

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Wrestling/JushinThunderLiger

Forgot Flanders Could Do That: Liger is so known for his cruiserweight and lucha libre ventures that everybody in the U.S. was surprised when he volunteered to replace Kensuke Sasaki in his Mixed Martial Arts match against Minoru Suzuki; they had forgotten that Yamada was a high level freestyle wrestler and one of the last New Japan wrestlers who trained under Yoshiaki Fujiwara. Granted, it didn't matter very much given how the match turned out

Foreign Wrestling Heel: Demoted to this in WCW in late 1995. The theme for Starrcade 1995 was the "World Cup of Wrestling," a series of matches pitting regular WCW guys vs. New Japan guys. Of course, they had Sonny Onoo as the representative for New Japan. WCW even told their stupid audiences at the Disney tapings to boo Liger no matter what he did. He was also an evil foreigner with Okumura, Naito and Yujiro as La Ola Amarilla in CMLL.

What is this site? Like a Wrestling Wiki? Never heard of it

Not exactly a wrestling wiki, but they basically go over all of the different character or situational archetypes from different forms of media and they include pro wrestling in there

For example, the time Liger used Muta's own magic against him falls under this trope

Not exactly a wrestling wiki, but they basically go over all of the different character or situational archetypes from different forms of media and they include pro wrestling in there

For example, the time Liger used Muta's own magic against him falls under this trope
TVtropes is great. I like how they include anime and pro wrestling in their examples too.

From the same "Beat Them at Their Own Game" article
  • Triple H attempted to do this at WrestleMania 27. After putting 'Taker through a hellacious beating, where the deadman was barely standing, and still kicking out of the Pedigree, Hunter proceeded to do a Tombstone Piledriver, culminating in him even doing 'Taker's signature taunt of sticking out his tongue. When he still kicked out, Hunter backed away and looked about ready to piss in his trunks even though his opponent wasn't moving and looked so much as if a small breeze could take him out.

*with 101 flowing through my veins*
Roll Tide you mofo

giphy.gif

Ready for Christmas to get here..Almost done with shopping and I only got some lighting to hang up in my son's game room..Next week is gonna be crazy..

NTWTSS-If you haven't sent your elf's gifts out you suck at life..

Back
Top Bottom