January Wrestling Thread/Tonight NXT 8PM EST/RIP Mean Gene Okerlaud

C6495D51-9B0E-4629-96ED-8CB9B7770329.gif
tenor.gif

Hold up, I miss something?

Someone been dipping in the Lake of Zest again?

I see this thread needs a change of styles...luckily, your colorful cousin AJ is on the job! oh that's right, it's time for "Cosmic Cliffs!"

-it is 87F (30C) in Puerto Vallarta, JAL. I am currently in training for a small event next month, and have purchased more than enough face paint for the job.

-I have finally learned to type all the accent symbols with an American English keyboard. qué maravilloso.

-I have always been unclear on HHH's relationship to the game. he is the game, but you can't play the game even though it's time to play the game. weird.

-not sure why, but whenever I look at Ibushi Kota my first thought is "determined Olympic swimmer."

-the following is a list of the most poignant lyrics in wrestling themes in no particular order:

"never walk away from a fight that's worth fighting
never hestiate when you know you're gonna act
never waste your words on a fool who won't listen
never sell your soul 'cuz you'll never buy it...back"

the song was also sung by Jeff Hardy, which is a lie but it was fun to picture so let's just move on.

"...and my father saaaaid...when I was younger...hard times breed better men!"

this band also made Miz' theme and a couple others, so New York definitely can have access to respectable themes.

"you gave me fortune
you gave me fame
you gave me power in your own god's name!"

do you really want me to get into a whole thing about the psychological basis of celebrity and the human condition or you wanna just enjoy the song?

"...now it's time to SHINE, amgonnatakewuzmine while you're BURNINGINSIDEMYLIGHT!!!"

okay, not as thought provoking as the others, but imagine feeling so fly that you believe you will incinerate others in your radiant brilliance.

"...no mother has given birth to a child that can stop me..."

tell me that's not one of the most badass boasts ever. the whole song goes on like that...if it was in English, it would never be allowed to play on WWETV.

Two beautiful moves during the Antonio Storm / Jinny match

Steal them @club27 @datboi81

cosmiccoffee9 cosmiccoffee9 I need a recap on the Rollup

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

...and you'll get one.

fighter in black shows excellent ring presence by countering a counter, whipping off the ropes for the extra momentum she needs to transition into the hold.

as for the lock itself, looks to focus on the upper back with some extra torque on the legs. maybe call it an inverted rolling surfboard. a sled lock maybe.

really be interested to see it the competitor in red was able to make an escape.

-color of the day is #FF7538 Orange, most memorably worn by Taz(z) during his career. it's also an obligatory accent color for events like Halloween Havoc.

this has been another extraordinary edition of "Cosmic Cliffs," please remember to support your local independent wrestling federation!

Last edited:
cosmiccoffee9 cosmiccoffee9

"...and my father saaaaid...when I was younger...hard times breed better men!"

Line gives me chills anytime I hear it. Most inspirational theme out right now man.

yeah man, the whole song is pretty much one long fuc--um, attitude adjustment to the E, from "wrestling has more than one royal family" to the hook.

it's cool to see they wrote that song specifically for Cody, inspirational for sure.

-it is 87F (30C) in Puerto Vallarta, JAL. I am currently in training for a small event next month, and have purchased more than enough face paint for the job.

-not sure why, but whenever I look at Ibushi Kota my first thought is "determined Olympic swimmer."
Yea Kota Ibushi looks like a swimmer for sure. Traps are big for someone his frame as well. He he has transformed his body like crazy over the last 6 years.

Info on the event?

Except the article is about them sending an apology tweet and being remorseful

Killers don't do that and a promotion trying to push someone as a killer doesn't do that
I see. I glanced at a header and didn't read the link. Sorry Pelvin

Yea Kota Ibushi looks like a swimmer for sure. Traps are big for someone his frame as well. He he has transformed his body like crazy over the last 6 years.

Info on the event?

typical stuff...outside a library at a little festival.

show up, get beat up, maybe find a way to win. shoot shots at attractive audience members using party beads. small children try to remove my hair. it's fun.

if I'm lucky, I'll make $25 and a memory. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom