January Wrestling Thread/Tonight NXT 8PM EST/RIP Mean Gene Okerlaud

Might try to use RAM as background noise tonight..We’re making cookies and doing a little food prep for tomorrow..Also I gotta wait til after Coop goes to sleep so We can finish decorating his game room.

Did anyone else that saw Spider-verse not like how it seemed out of focus a lot?

I loved the movie but it did seem like they tried to give every spider their due.

why not come home for the holidays, right?

as an advocate of goodwill I am obligated to acknowledge robpzee612 robpzee612 on this day as well, but this is it.
tenor.gif

happy holidays and welcome to this inclusive edition of ¨Cosmic Cliffs!¨

-it´s 76F (24C) here in Puerto Vallarta, JAL, Mexico, Americas-NE Hemisphere, Terra, Sol. winter is finally here.

-tonight´s dinner is nachos, which is actually a Mexican original. it was invented in a small border town by chef Ignacio Anaya to serve visiting gringos who wouldn´t know the difference between tamales and tostadas in the 1940s.

-last night´s full moon was the longest and most luminous in several years, hope you enjoyed it. if not, look up tonight.

-watching NXT makes me realize I´m a sucker for bookend tag teams...Heavy Machinery, War Raiders, even the Street Profits grew on me. love to see two athletes working in perfect sync.

-not enough credit goes to ECW for showcasing diversity in styles during its time. they were the only fed in the country to feature luchas and Japanese stars right alongside APW competitors and garbage brawlers. a more diverse fight club there may never have been.

-color of the day is #E7C697 Gold! while the shimmering shade has been worn by wrestlers with championship aspirations (or delusions of grandeur) for decades, its most significant standing in the sport lies in its ultimate prizes.

title belts from the dawn of the squared circle have showcased this regal metallic tone, and from Big Gold herself through the ages to the IWGP Heavyweight belt, the shining straps of high profile Mexican federations like AAA/CMLL, and the WWE´s McTitles, it makes a singular statement of success and superiority.

thanks as always for choosing ¨Cosmic Cliffs¨ during the most wonderful time of the year, you fine folks have a great Chanukkah/Solstice/Festivus/Xmas/Kwanzaa/Chanukkah (yes 2x, you see what happened to LeBron).

#MyMan

DC gonna open his door and see Alex Riley standing on his doorstep ready to rage.

cosmiccoffee9 cosmiccoffee9 Give us some wrestling updates man.

Don't take @22WPM into consideration either. Just type

I can do that.

not much to report in the ring, haven´t had a match in a few weeks since everyone went home for the holidays.

finally managed to start making enough at my day job (writer/event promoter/community organizer) to afford some of that TV-quality ring gear for Christmas, spending that money was the first step in me taking this more seriously.

figure now that I have a little personal audience it´ll be more worthwhile to risk my life with no insurance.

yeah tho, going back to the States soon to pick it up and visit a fed in the NE for more training (peoples are in PA).

overall I´m still having fun and haven´t gotten hurt at all so the arrow is definitely pointing up. can´t complain, cousin.

Back
Top Bottom