[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

People who are rap fans really haven’t heard all of DAMN.... damn that was my favorite album of last year.

Listened to KOD a few more times. I can see the complaints about the beats, I like them and feel they really fit the mood and concept of the album, however there are a lot of songs that sound similar as far as production goes.

In my honest opinion though Coles rapping and story telling is top notch, his music might not always be the most exciting, but his ability to construct a concept album with his storytelling and lyrics is pretty impressive.

Last edited:
AZ
Eminem
Canibus
Ice Cube after The Predator
2 Pac first 3 albums
MC Ren
Reakwon after OB4CL

all pick worst beats than Nas

What are you talking about? Strictly 4 My *.*.*.*.*.*. and Me Against The World had great production. Struggin', I Get Around, Keep Ya Head Up, Last Wordz, and Point the Finga for Strictly and Death Around The Corner, Dear Mama, Temptations, Lord Knows, So Many Tears, and Me Against the World.

7BE94456-FBEC-41AF-969A-0571B21D8217.jpeg

Man this album is yoga flame :emoji_fire:. Bumped it out da Target parking lot through running errands. Already passed da car test. Ima listen through some headphones later to on to really catch da lyrics.

Side note : I like Cole’s production. Never had a problem with it all these years. It would be cool to see him work with some other producers though. At this point though he probably never will.

Definitely a solid album, it hit in the car for sure for sure!

Listened to the album in it's entirety, and I can't **** with this outside of two songs. 1985 and ATM are dope, I have no desire to listen to the other songs ever again. I think it is time for me to accept the fact that Cole just isn't for me, despite how much I want to like his new stuff.

I mess with everything on the album but...

Kevin's Heart
The Cut Off
Friends
Brackets
Once An Addict
ATM (this really grew on me)

... are my fav joints after 6 or 7 listens.

I would've preferred this be a 13-14 song album though. Its a bit short.

Yeah, AZ and Em are up there too. Especially Em—how could I forget him? :lol:

Nobody cares about Canibus, Ice Cube and MC Ren.

And you’re wildin’ regarding Pac and Rae. Immobilarity is dope—it just had the misfortune of following up a certified classic. And don’t forget OB4CL2. **** is flames.

As far as Pac goes, as already mentioned, those beats fit him at the time. They’re dated as hell now, but they worked in that era.

Nobody cares about Ice Cube?

He was the best rapper from 1990-92

Only right that he should have gotten top notch productions which he did but after that predator album he didn't

What are you talking about? Strictly 4 My *.*.*.*.*.*. and Me Against The World had great production. Struggin', I Get Around, Keep Ya Head Up, Last Wordz, and Point the Finga for Strictly and Death Around The Corner, Dear Mama, Temptations, Lord Knows, So Many Tears, and Me Against the World.

Me against the world was ok, production was not so bad his rapping made up for it but those first 2 albums the production was stale. Beats sounded so cheap

Window Pain Outro is the one for me
Distortion always gets me.
This album is good.

Don't know what some of yall talking about.

But then again I didn't dislike FHD or 4YEO anyway.
Agreed. I think most liked the last two, I wasn’t a fan.

This ****, though. Yeah, it’s very different than his last couple but I think I see a lot of similarities to early Cole who rapped much harder and had a lot to prove.

Dope album. I was out on Cole until I heard the music Monday.

Last edited:
Nobody cares about Ice Cube?

He was the best rapper from 1990-92

Only right that he should have gotten top notch productions which he did but after that predator album he didn't

I was speaking on rappers that are still relevant in 2018. Right now nobody cares about Ice Cube, MC Ren and Canibus. Their careers are over as far as rapping goes, or at least they should be.

Em, Nas and to a lesser extent, Rae and AZ, still have fans checking for them. Most importantly they're still putting out music.

Me against the world was ok, production was not so bad his rapping made up for it but those first 2 albums the production was stale. Beats sounded so cheap

Okay? That joint is widely regarded as Pac's best album. :lol:

Dude said Me Against the World is just "ok" ? Wow

That album is a personal masterpiece in my eyes. Definitely Pac's best album. Glad The Source (when it was still relevant) went back and changed the original rating for it and gave it 5 mics.

Anytime this album gets brought up I get into a huge argument with my fiance.
She's one of those, "if you don't like it it's because you don't understand it" type of fans.

It's insulting. Son is boring. His content is dope. Bar structure is dope. Of course the lyrics are a 10.

The production is basic and boring. The entire album, production wise, sounds like an intro.

But i guess I don't understand it. I guess I'm not mentally capable of comprehending the album because the production bores me to tears and I'm not a fan because I can't comprehend the bars even though I've been a fan of hip hop since 88, come from the Mecca of hip hop, can spit myself, purchased all of his albums with my own money which is more than she has as she hasn't ever purchased a j Cole album..........

I don't care if he has features or not. Son is boring. Please hand over production to anyone else.
Reminds me of nas and em.

I had to vent lol. **** irks me how ****** gotta be cromags because we aren't feeling heat over boring *** production.

I deadass would rather him release an acapella version and have random producers try their look at putting his vocals over their production at this point.

I like the Production on the album. I look at it from a less is more prosoective. I think he produced the album so the listener focuses on his lyrics and rhyme structure.

For example on FRIENDS, instead of building the beat up to create a climax at the end of the song, he uses his voice inclination to change the song during the final couple bars.

I just don't think comprehending the lyrics and having dope production have to be opposites.
It's the same thing my fiance said. That argument is tired to me.

Did you guys even listen to The Come Up? (His first mixtape)
He was spittin the same **** he spits today back then, way ahead of his time.

Listen to this ****.

Seriously, listen to it. :pimp:
This is him just recording off his laptop and a cheap mic, producing tracks off fruit loops.
These tracks deserve recognition too.

He was spitting so hard on those tapes man

Back
Top Bottom