[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

a bit redundant
esp in 2018

a full album of songs sounding like some old vintage rap purist vinyls that are kinda slow in an era where people are stuck on bpm

I been wanting him to work with 9th Wonder. I don't know why they ain't done some records yet.

Sounwave would fit Cole's style too but that would bring on more Kendrick comparisons. :ohwell: :lol:

in the metro booming era, this album isn't gonna get a lot of love :lol:

Dont really feel like it needs too, it'll reach the audience he was aiming for.

Aiming for crowds that exalt wack ****** like Trippie Redd, Lil Pump, Lil Xan, etc. prolly aint who this album is aimed for.

Definitely copping the CD to support, going to let this bump in the ride for months to come.

All of my boys are claiming this as their AotY already :lol: I agree with them.

Cole and 9th would be fire!!!

i'm a huge cole fan but i'm gonna need to give this a few more listens as well. it's okay so far though.

just listened to it at work so didnt get a real chance to digest the bars

Album is cool just not going to be going back to it much. Something is just missing with Cole to take him to that next level. He has to get some better production going forward. FHD was really good, but everything else album wise has been lackluster and really maybe a 3 listen max and never return.

You would think him and 9th would of done something together at this point considering his background and the fact that one of Pooh's artist is on his label.

I f**cks with the album heavy . Played it straight through . Not one track I didn’t like . It’s kinda crazy

Cole literally dumb down his lyrics to get the message across. And we have dudes out here writing paragraphs about the fact that the album feels “ bland , lyrics are not up to par , we need more bangers “

Hip hop fans man

I was a Cole fan from Warm Up to Sideline Story. Even saw him live once during that time. Haven't really been enthusiastic about his music in a while but the concept seems interesting. Although, admittedly, I've been listening to a lot of Nav and Belly lately and those two love that whole pill popping lifestyle.

I f**cks with the album heavy . Played it straight through . Not one track I didn’t like . It’s kinda crazy

Cole literally dumb down his lyrics to get the message across. And we have dudes out here writing paragraphs about the fact that the album feels “ bland , lyrics are not up to par , we need more bangers “

Hip hop fans man
folks just want good beats they can vibe to

cole need to go get london on da track to make his album :lol:

Hip hop fans man

Im saying, J. Cole has always been more of a contemplative rapper with an increasingly specific target audience. It's like dudes are expecting slapping 808's every other track... That's not Cole

Ya princess is in another castle

Im saying, J. Cole has always been more of a contemplative rapper with an increasingly specific target audience. It's like dudes are expecting slapping 808's every other track... That's not Cole

This

Liking this.

Kevin's Heart though

5B8253DC-D30C-4230-A06B-6114E8CB37F5.png

Joint took me back to 21

I'm not asking for slaps, just something more enjoyable that I can come back to. The content is never really my issue with Cole (lyrically he always delivers) but the production definitely leaves something to be desired.

Just experiment just once with something other than the mundane stuff.

songs like YAH, ELEMENT, LUST, FEAR definitely seem like they influenced this album

Can you expound? Im really curious why you think that. Ive been listening all day and havent picked up on that. LUST and because he talks about people being thirsty on IG is too loose of a comparison in my opinion. I dont think you have to hear that song to get to the song created by Cole. YAH is probably my favorite song off DAMN and not a single song on this album comes across like that. Element is the worst song on DAMN, dont hear nothing close to it on here,what do you hear that reminds you? Far as Fear goes... Cole has been crafting those personal stories like far too long to be influenced by that Kendrick song.

7BE94456-FBEC-41AF-969A-0571B21D8217.jpeg

Man this album is yoga flame :emoji_fire:. Bumped it out da Target parking lot through running errands. Already passed da car test. Ima listen through some headphones later to on to really catch da lyrics.

Side note : I like Cole’s production. Never had a problem with it all these years. It would be cool to see him work with some other producers though. At this point though he probably never will.

Back
Top Bottom