[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

Eh Eminem pre relapse picked good beats. At least they sounded good back then...maybe the aged bad but back then I never heard of Eminem picking bad beats

7BE94456-FBEC-41AF-969A-0571B21D8217.jpeg

Man this album is yoga flame :emoji_fire:. Bumped it out da Target parking lot through running errands. Already passed da car test. Ima listen through some headphones later to on to really catch da lyrics.

Side note : I like Cole’s production. Never had a problem with it all these years. It would be cool to see him work with some other producers though. At this point though he probably never will.

Where’d you find the CD at? My Best Buy didn’t have them.

For those that don't like the production...what producers/artists are making sounds that y'all like?...excluding trap beats.
DAMN had some really solid production.

I think peeps just want Cole to have a more contemporary sound or something idk

Eh Eminem pre relapse picked good beats. At least they sounded good back then...maybe the aged bad but back then I never heard of Eminem picking bad beats

When Dr Dre was on production it was all good, but when Marky and Jeff bass and himself doing production not so much

For those that don't like the production...what producers/artists are making sounds that y'all like?...excluding trap beats.

KRIT's production is dope.

Jermaine has the content and bars, he just refuses to put them together in a manner which makes you want to hear them again. He's capable of it, like FNL, but his recent albums have zero replay value to me.

2pac beats fit him well though pac wouldn't have sounded good on some fancy beats that out-shined his lyrics

Kanye beats /whoever makes drake beats

After 2 full listens, this gets a 4.5/5 from me. Love the content. He's speaking on topics that really need to be brought to rhe table. And he expanded his sound. His last album felt like a long nap. This one has kept me interested in breaking it all down further. Good work

Thoughts...on first listen

KOD
Photograph
Kevin's Hart
Brackets
Window Pain

All flames.
Was not feeling the other the songs. I will see if my opinion changes after another listen. I felt like Cole held back. He's capable of more. Not many punchlines in the album either.

Was listening to DAMN. all week prior to this and K.O.D. sounds nothing like it.

I agree with who said track 7 and beyond is where is at.

Cool project that'll be more enjoyable than 4YEO for me but not his best. I hope there's something else doing later this year.

Album is dope to me. Once An Addict had me in my feelings on my drive home from work. Can definetly relate to that song.

The last verse on Brackets is flames too

AZ
Eminem
Canibus
Ice Cube after The Predator
2 Pac first 3 albums
MC Ren
Reakwon after OB4CL

all pick worst beats than Nas

Yeah, AZ and Em are up there too. Especially Em—how could I forget him? :lol:

Nobody cares about Canibus, Ice Cube and MC Ren.

And you’re wildin’ regarding Pac and Rae. Immobilarity is dope—it just had the misfortune of following up a certified classic. And don’t forget OB4CL2. **** is flames.

As far as Pac goes, as already mentioned, those beats fit him at the time. They’re dated as hell now, but they worked in that era.

About to spin in a second time. I haven't seen any or many mention motiv8. I loved that joint when I heard it.

Just finished. It's cool but I agree, but much replay value. I'm never crazy about his projects though.

I don't know if I've heard all of DAMN so I may spin that next.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom