ITT: Everything Electro/Dubstep/House/Trance Music

lets settle down guys.

here's Joker's new track. he's pretty much the only if not few dubstep/grime producers i like. i love his spacey/purple sound. :smokin :smokin

^yes!! joker is dope! im pretty sure i saw him a few years back at a pure filth event. memory is hazy. lol.

i like this one

^ i love mala's production. speaking of him, he just had an essential mix last week. im about to give it a listen right now.

I swear some of you dudes are gonna look back at yourself in 5 years and be like WTF was I thinkin... some of the corniest stuff ever fam...

Anyway, NINAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The last few pages are a mess, nobody was even being negative towards the guy for enjoying himself at an Aoki show. Dude started complaining and going on a rant for no reason, unless he got offended that people don't like Aoki throwing nine cakes, champagne, and a raft at one of his shows. How is that NOT corny? I've sat through two Aoki shows to wait for the people after him, and both times I hated it. At one point, dude was climbing up the stage towers when one song started mixing into another on it's own and people didn't even care. There are NO standards for what DJs are supposed to do with these crowds. As long as they get cake in their face, and golden showers in the front row, they are cool. It's not even about the music, it's about the party, because if it was about the music, they would be offended by the lack of originality at these festivals and shows and by these "producers".

American "EDM" culture is a hot mess. I wouldn't even consider it a culture actually because most of the people going to these shows just to party will fade away along with the new mainstream sound when it fades away. Until then, they will go "rage and pop mollies all night" so they can enjoy the newest Avicci or SHM track that gets played by every DJ on every stage every weekend. This new culture didn't sprout organically, it was a commercially engineered crop to produce massive amounts of revenue.

Oh yeah and Kaskade is doing a tour right now that starts in Dallas. It's called his Redux tour and has said he will be playing nothing but deep house. And as far as energy goes, Laidback Luke is head and shoulders above Aoki and actually mixes live.

Laidback Luke rips it every time I catch him. Him and Chuckie are probably 2 of my fave electro house dj's to watch live, Autoerotique and Bart B More are pretty dope too.

I REALLY want to go to that Kaskade tour, his first 2/3 albums are my fave work from him next to dance.love and the Ice disc from Fire & Ice.

Commercialization was bound to happen to the scene unfortunately, it's happened to most genre's that start from the underground, like hip-hop. I used to be bitter about it but now it's whatever to me, let people enjoy what they want to. You can't be mad at someone for enjoying something.

Last edited:
Anyway, NINAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

i think i acutally posted the video in this thread b4.

what do you think about the controversy the now infamous bubble bath scene caused?

i think its pretty ridiculous. it would be stupid of her NOT to use her sex appeal to her advantage.
it would be a different story if her production/djing was bad, but she knows her music, shes an excellent dj, and her productions are superb.
so whats the big deal?

btw, Nina is supposed to play at an underground party soon here in LA, and best believe ill be there front and center.

Last edited:
***** with it.

I think we definitely need to do that 2nd thread things will just be a lot easier and hopefully they stay out of it.

whats the fun in that?

i think healthy discussions about dance music, mainstream or otherwise is good.

the problem is people get butt hurt that others dont agree with their own opinions.

plus, exposure to music that otherwise you would have never came in contact with should help you expand your taste in dance music.

Last edited:
Its getting old so this is my last comment on the matter. I've said countless times i listen to it all and def enjoy the deep house and stuff posted and would participate in both.
but people continue to be unwelcoming and telling others they are wrong for enjoying their music, even if they dont say it directly.

"You're gonna look back in 5 years and wonder wtf was i thinking"

Like **** you. Who cares, tastes change and evolve, people are living for now not for 5 years down the road.

WaltThizzney has unnecessarily been an a-hole to people in here for posting music/discussing artists he doesn't like. I see nothing wrong with debate but telling people they're making decisions they'll regret in life because they like a certain song? Get real man :lol:

Last edited:
***** with it.

I think we definitely need to do that 2nd thread things will just be a lot easier and hopefully they stay out of it.

whats the fun in that?

i think healthy discussions about dance music, mainstream or otherwise is good.

the problem is people get butt hurt that others dont agree with their own opinions.

plus, exposure to music that otherwise you would have never came in contact with should help you expand your taste in dance music.

Healthy discussion? Please. Walt been calling dude "lames", "corny" for listening to certain music. Electronic "elitism" at it's finest. People are getting butt hurt about people's taste in music, but it's the group you think it is.

Healthy discussion? Please. Walt been calling dude "lames", "corny" for listening to certain music. Electronic "elitism" at it's finest. People are getting butt hurt about people's taste in music, but it's the group you think it is.

im assuming you meant to say "its NOT the group you think it is." i happen to think it is the group i think it is. the posts speak for themselves.

so youre just gonna let 1 person ruin the whole thread for you? why would you let 1 persons words get the best of you?

so he thinks its corny and lame. thats his opinion. you either agree or disagree.
you got something to say about it? then say it instead of crying like a lil btich and calling him an elitist.
that would be a start of a healthy discussion.

everytime i tried to start one, people start calling names and throw ***** fits.
you got a rebuttal? go head and articulate it.

i think i acutally posted the video in this thread b4.

what do you think about the controversy the now infamous bubble bath scene caused?

i think its pretty ridiculous. it would be stupid of her NOT to use her sex appeal to her advantage.
it would be a different story if her production/djing was bad, but she knows her music, shes an excellent dj, and her productions are superb.
so whats the big deal?

btw, Nina is supposed to play at an underground party soon here in LA, and best believe ill be there front and center.

when is she comign to LA???

The last few pages are a mess, nobody was even being negative towards the guy for enjoying himself at an Aoki show. Dude started complaining and going on a rant for no reason, unless he got offended that people don't like Aoki throwing nine cakes, champagne, and a raft at one of his shows. How is that NOT corny? I've sat through two Aoki shows to wait for the people after him, and both times I hated it. At one point, dude was climbing up the stage towers when one song started mixing into another on it's own and people didn't even care. There are NO standards for what DJs are supposed to do with these crowds. As long as they get cake in their face, and golden showers in the front row, they are cool. It's not even about the music, it's about the party, because if it was about the music, they would be offended by the lack of originality at these festivals and shows and by these "producers".

American "EDM" culture is a hot mess. I wouldn't even consider it a culture actually because most of the people going to these shows just to party will fade away along with the new mainstream sound when it fades away. Until then, they will go "rage and pop mollies all night" so they can enjoy the newest Avicci or SHM track that gets played by every DJ on every stage every weekend. This new culture didn't sprout organically, it was a commercially engineered crop to produce massive amounts of revenue.

Oh yeah and Kaskade is doing a tour right now that starts in Dallas. It's called his Redux tour and has said he will be playing nothing but deep house. And as far as energy goes, Laidback Luke is head and shoulders above Aoki and actually mixes live.

see, this guy said some insightful things. nobody even replied.

and yea, laidback luke is an awesome dj. see, i give credit where its due. doesnt matter to me that he plays on the mainstage at mainstream festivals.

when is she comign to LA???

i think in the next few months. the promoter hasnt given an exact date yet.

the promoter did have concerns that the whole bath tub incident may drive her price up for the gig
and it would be cancelled. crossing my fingers it goes thru. PM me if you want details.

see, this guy said some insightful things. nobody even replied.

and yea, laidback luke is an awesome dj. see, i give credit where its due. doesnt matter to me that he plays on the mainstage at mainstream festivals.

I replied to him in the first post after his :lol: Laidback Luke has a house alias he makes tracks under too called Nouveau Yorican for those that didn't know.

Back
Top Bottom