ITT: Everything Electro/Dubstep/House/Trance Music

I replied to him in the first post after his :lol: Laidback Luke has a house alias he makes tracks under too called Nouveau Yorican for those that didn't know.

oops sorry missed it for some reason. but yea, only 1 person replied.

Laidback luke is just like Kaskade. he makes crap tracks for the masses, but in the end, they like to spin (tech-house and deep house, respectively) on an underground level. LL has pretty beastly turntable skills, ill admit. he can run 4 decks really well.

those kaskade shows are ridic. they are sellign out in like 2 minutes. ill never get to see kaskade spin deep house :x :smh:

Laidback luke is just like Kaskade. he makes crap tracks for the masses, but in the end, they like to spin (tech-house and deep house, respectively) on an underground level. LL has pretty beastly turntable skills, ill admit. he can run 4 decks really well.

those kaskade shows are ridic. they are sellign out in like 2 minutes. ill never get to see kaskade spin deep house :x :smh:

yea, with LL, even though i dont really like the music he prodcues/spins his skills on the decks are undeniable.

but i cant really knock the hustle. if i had the opportunity to make that much money, sht,, i cant say that i wont sell out like kaskade either.

I have all of Kaskade's albums and tracks from OM Records and most of LL's catalogue before they went super commercial, they obviously changed their style to a big room/rave sound at around 2009/2010ish. i dont like their sounds now, so it is what it is. but im happy that kaskade is touring around doing small shows. shows that hes keeping in touch with his roots. so much respect on that. im hoping to catch his socal show.

kaskade @ king king a few months ago spinnin a deep set.

Laidback Luke & Gina Turner spinnign some dope tech house.

I have all of Kaskade's albums and tracks from OM Records and most of LL's catalogue before they went super commercial, they obviously changed their style to a big room/rave sound at around 2009/2010ish. i dont like their sounds now, so it is what it is. but im happy that kaskade is touring around doing small shows. shows that hes keeping in touch with his roots. so much respect on that. im hoping to catch his socal show.

kaskade @ king king a few months ago spinnin a deep set.

i heard bout this set @ king king.

i just have 1 question about the video.

this person actually stood there for almost 1 hour recording this? lol

Last edited:

You're talking about Dynasty and after?

Yeah, I guess I know what you kind of mean, about the sound change. I still think they're great albums tho.

Do you listen to his stuff with LNA?

i think i acutally posted the video in this thread b4.

what do you think about the controversy the now infamous bubble bath scene caused?

i think its pretty ridiculous. it would be stupid of her NOT to use her sex appeal to her advantage.
it would be a different story if her production/djing was bad, but she knows her music, shes an excellent dj, and her productions are superb.
so whats the big deal?

btw, Nina is supposed to play at an underground party soon here in LA, and best believe ill be there front and center.
There is not much to be said about NINA... Girl is something else both musically and visually... her sex appeal comes out in her tracks.. Russians man

Anyway here is my latest upload... that jersey sound is timeless

How do you guys feel about Justice?

I love their music

didn't like their last album. that said I ******g love them. Which is why the daft hype gets me so confused. I honestly like them more and would rather listen to Justice than daft usually.

Not many songs give me the feeling stress gives me btw... I really want to hear this live under the right setting.

Last edited:
disclosure is already huge elsewhere, its just a matter of time before they are huge in the US. I just saw a sweet interview with a few DJs talking about the evolution of pop music, and at this juncture many predict that electro and edm will be the vehicle for the next huge move in whats deemed as popular music. the signs are already there when you look at the more recent top40 tracks. I'll try and find the interview its well worth a look.

got to see maya jane coles on friday here in nyc, her set held up the water against all the high acclaim she has earned of late. also helped that the crowd was filled with gorgeous females, great vibes, and a healthy scent of sinsemilla8)

This Hannah Wants **** is so good. listening to a couple mixes and love it.

Maybe when the EDC lineup you guys can direct me to some similar stuff. I def want to mix up the stuff I listen to there.

Are there ANY deep house sounds played there? might need some recommendations on who to check out

edit haven't lsitened to the disclosure track yet but it's weird because I already listen to eliza doolittle and like her. it's cool seeing diff genres you listen to come together

Last edited:
man i been wanting to see josh wink for a while.
i wanna hear these live. i love acid if yall havent noticed.

yea man i been saying this for a while. ive never been to ultra, but the line ups are always way
more comprehensive/varied than edc's. plus you could go there for WMC and end the week with ultra if you choose to do so.
and miami in march >LV in june. id much rather take the beach over the desert.

Listening to josh wink tonight

yes. def someone i'd like to see.

awesome stuff.

also checked out the track by halftime.... def cool.

disclosure is already huge elsewhere, its just a matter of time before they are huge in the US. I just saw a sweet interview with a few DJs talking about the evolution of pop music, and at this juncture many predict that electro and edm will be the vehicle for the next huge move in whats deemed as popular music. the signs are already there when you look at the more recent top40 tracks. I'll try and find the interview its well worth a look.

got to see maya jane coles on friday here in nyc, her set held up the water against all the high acclaim she has earned of late. also helped that the crowd was filled with gorgeous females, great vibes, and a healthy scent of sinsemilla8)
Maya Jane Coles was so good when I saw her last week at Coachella. The Yuma tent was the perfect place for her set. Small and intimate
embarassed.gif

Andrew Bayer just came out with a new album. it is phenomenal, so ambient.

this mix is what made me a fan years ago. One of the best 30 minute mixes I've ever heard…

This Hannah Wants **** is so good. listening to a couple mixes and love it.

Maybe when the EDC lineup you guys can direct me to some similar stuff. I def want to mix up the stuff I listen to there.

Are there ANY deep house sounds played there? might need some recommendations on who to check out

Yeah man Hannah is the real deal. EDC might hook it with some deep/tech/jack **** but they stray away from it usually outside of a few guys, when the lineup drops I'm sure me along with everyone else that knows will be more than happy to help you.

Last edited:
Andrew Bayer also did a guest mix on the latest Group Therapy by Above & Beyond, its good too. Mat Zo's mix a few weeks back were also great

Yeah man Hannah is the real deal. EDC might hook it with some deep/tech/jack **** but they stray away from it usually outside of a few guys, when the lineup drops I'm sure me along with everyone else that knows will be more than happy to help you.

pretty much listen to anything from Dirtybird Records. Justin Martin, Vonstroke, Kill Frenzy, Justin Jay, eats everything. my crew goes to every single party of theirs. we just went to the free on in palm springs, needless to say, everyone blacked out lol.

its likely that insomniac will book guys like Maceo Plex, maya jane coles, art department, seth troxler, joris voorn, etc for edc lv. they will be heavy on the techno tho (hawtin, carl cox, etc.)

Andrew Bayer also did a guest mix on the latest Group Therapy by Above & Beyond, its good too. Mat Zo's mix a few weeks back were also great
it was insane also. ive been waiting years for another Andrew Bayer guestmix. when he dropped that J Dilla i lost it.

Back
Top Bottom