ITT: Everything Electro/Dubstep/House/Trance Music

mannn i love living in LA. tomorrow im going to see martin fengler bang out some techno berghain style,
sunday theres a rooftop party with francois K, next friday ian pooley is playing, further into the month, im gonna go see
joe claussell to get my house dance on, dj shadow and cio d'or are also playing that same week, and mark de clive-lowe for some
live jazz/house to finish the month off. damn.

and those are just the parties with big name djs. theres multiple underground/club events going on
every weekend with quality local house/techno djs as well. its sometimes hard to decide on which event
to go to on a saturday night. haha.

Last edited:
they dropped the lineup for edcny today, looking extra weak

just checked it out and how is that any weaker/better than other edcs? seems like the same ol same ol to me...

EXCEPT, I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY BOOKED DJ QU!!!!! would have never thought he would be booked for edc lol

if anyones going to edc ny, i highly recommend dj qu.

just checked it out and how is that any weaker/better than other edcs? seems like the same ol same ol to me...

EXCEPT, I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY BOOKED DJ QU!!!!! would have never thought he would be booked for edc lol

if anyones going to edc ny, i highly recommend dj qu.

yeah pretty much same ole insomniac lineups. tho they are adding more diverse underground acts with every event, so that's nice to hear.

Art Department
Carl Cox & Friends
Damian Lazarus
Dubfire
Empire of the Sun
Prydz
Hobo
Loco Dice
maceo Plex
Richie Hawtin presents Enter
SPY
Seth Troxler
Soul Clap
Wolf and Lamb

these would be dope.

Hard booked Disclosure for one of their events and Hot Natured for their Hard NYC event... im considering going to Hard Summer again for hte 3rd year in a row if they can get some more acts like that. :smokin:smokin . gonna skip edc LV this year, last year sucked for me.

edc lineup is extra bland.

hopefully vegas is a lot better which it should be.

can't wait :smokin

yeah pretty much same ole insomniac lineups. tho they are adding more diverse underground acts with every event, so that's nice to hear.

Art Department
Carl Cox & Friends
Damian Lazarus
Dubfire
Empire of the Sun
Prydz
Hobo
Loco Dice
maceo Plex
SPY
Seth Troxler
Soul Clap
Wolf and Lamb

these would be dope.

Hard booked Disclosure for one of their events and Hot Natured for their Hard NYC event... im considering going to Hard Summer again for hte 3rd year in a row if they can get some more acts like that. :smokin:smokin . gonna skip edc LV this year, last year sucked for me.

checked em out since he's first on the list :lol:

AWESOME. will likely be checking him out when I get the chance.

Last edited:

Art Department
Carl Cox & Friends
Damian Lazarus
Dubfire
Empire of the Sun
Prydz
Hobo
Loco Dice
maceo Plex
SPY
Seth Troxler
Soul Clap
Wolf and Lamb

these would be dope.

yea ur list pretty much is same as what i would look for. except id add dj qu to that.
the thign is even the djs you mentioned are being booked over n over again. its still the same ol same ol.

and i really dont know how i feel about disclosure. tracks are ok. have crossover potential. i just donno if i *** wit them yet.
maybe theyll end up being the skrillex of "deep house". maybe theyre the future of stadium house to replace SHM. lol

show me what you got, when the muthaf*kin beat drops
laugh.gif

yea ur list pretty much is same as what i would look for. except id add dj qu to that.
the thign is even the djs you mentioned are being booked over n over again. its still the same ol same ol.

and i really dont know how i feel about disclosure. tracks are ok. have crossover potential. i just donno if i *** wit them yet.
maybe theyll end up being the skrillex of "deep house". maybe theyre the future of stadium house to replace SHM. lol

Disclosure definitely has mainstream appeal. im stoked to see them at coachella. love their sound.

really loving Skream's transition into house productions. im into the disco sound.

Just recently got into the whole EDM scene and I picked a good time with Ultra just finishing so I got to listen to a whole bunch of sets from the DJs. Hardwell quickly became my favorite so far, you guys have any recommendations on any DJs with a similar sound? I'm looking for some more "underground" DJs, with the big names I can easily find their music on Youtube/Soundcloud etc..

Just recently got into the whole EDM scene and I picked a good time with Ultra just finishing so I got to listen to a whole bunch of sets from the DJs. Hardwell quickly became my favorite so far, you guys have any recommendations on any DJs with a similar sound? I'm looking for some more "underground" DJs, with the big names I can easily find their music on Youtube/Soundcloud etc..

If you're looking for the "Hardwell sound" you're only going to find it with mainstream DJs. If that's strictly what you're looking for, you're not going to find it underground.

If you're looking for the "Hardwell sound" you're only going to find it with mainstream DJs. If that's strictly what you're looking for, you're not going to find it underground.

exactly, mainstream and underground is a paradox :lol:

basically just look at any commercial dj on the ultra mainstage, edc mainstage. they practically all play the same electro house or whatever they call it nowadays. nicky romero, tiesto, swedish house, etc. all big room electro stuff. look up their set lists and see what productions from which artists u like.

dig a little deeper if you want "underground". if you like hardwell, you might not like underground. underground would be like; techno, minimal techno, tech house, deep house, house, uk bass, garage.

this would be (somewhat) underground. you can argue it has crossover appeal tho:

Haven't bought a EDCNY ticket yet, glad I didn't. Depending on Phase 2, I may not even go, or at the least, I'll choose one of the two days.

EZoo announcing their headliners at 3PM tomorrow. Two Mainstages, so I would assume 6 DJs announced in total?

You're into a more mainstream sound, so finding something similar at an "underground" level isn't going to happen. It'd be like listening to Justin Bieber for the first time, and then saying "I want something like that, but underground". It's not reality. That is what's hot right now.

Btw, there's nothing wrong with liking that sound, contrary to what a handful of people in this thread will say otherwise.

Haven't bought a EDCNY ticket yet, glad I didn't. Depending on Phase 2, I may not even go, or at the least, I'll choose one of the two days.

EZoo announcing their headliners at 3PM tomorrow. Two Mainstages, so I would assume 6 DJs announced in total?

same ole same ole lineup/headliners as every other insomniac festival. boring. very weak.

They have an audience to cater to, and that audience can't all fly to Vegas in June.

and i cant fly to detroit in may...i wish there were local festivals that catered to the "other" audiences.
i prefer clubs/warehouse, but i would love me a good festival now n then.

same ole same ole lineup/headliners as every other insomniac festival. boring. very weak.

Glad to see Sander and Tommy Trash returning to EZoo and won't be apart of EDC. Wish Trash was in a tent though, feel like his set is going to be much different Main Stage than it would be in the tents.

Armin returning is the best news out of that lineup :pimp: .

I'll be seeing those three and probably a lot of the time in Sunday School Groove.

They have an audience to cater to, and that audience can't all fly to Vegas in June.

i guess. but its still the same lineup as edc ny.

like slim said, i wish there was something in socal like DEMF. its taken one of my fav. dj Joris Voorn 2 years to come back to the westcoast :x

Joris retweeted me today, of me hoping he'd play his mistery track at coachella. i will lose my mind if i hear this track!! he makes such great productions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom