ITT: Everything Electro/Dubstep/House/Trance Music

lol u guys listen to soo much hot trash.. how bout some real house music for starters that you can dance to.. you know a baseline is all you need fam

in case anybody is interested in what songs were hot at UMF (link will allow you to listen to the tracks from the site):

http://www.dancingastronaut.com/201...s-top-10-tracks-of-ultra-music-festival-2013/

Dancing Astronaut’s top 10 tracks of Ultra Music Festival 2013

There were hundreds of artists across seven stages at the world’s most renowned electronic music festival, but still some tracks were played dozens of times and were inescapable every day, at every stage. There are those special records that go down in the books as the year’s biggest tracks, and where better to make that judgement than at Ultra Music Festival. It is the tracks that become the unofficial anthems of Ultra that are immortalized in the memories of fans, and 360,000 fans now have ten major tracks to remember Ultra Musical Festival 2013 by…

10. Sebastian Ingrosso & Tommy Trash – Reload (Original Mix)

Tommy Trash has mastered a sound fit for festivals and Sebastian Ingrosso is no stranger to anthemic production. Their collaboration has been heard across the world for nearly a year, but stayed strong and gained steam for drops at Ultra Music Festival.

Notable plays: Swedish House Mafia, Arty,Fedde Le Grand

9. Armin van Buuren & W&W – D# Fat (Original Mix)

Armin has struck gold in W&W, enlisting the duo not only for A State of Trance touring, but for the biggest record of his latest compilation. “D# Fat” was not contained by the ASOT stage and found its way across Ultra all six days.

Notable plays: Armin van Buuren, Sander van Doorn, Sunnery James & Ryan Marciano, Krewella

8. TJR – Ode to Oi (Original Mix)

Every festival has a special place for the fun-loving, party-starting sounds of TJR. While Pitbull may have ruled “Funky Vodka” out of many sets, DJs turned to “Ode To Oi” to do the same trick.

Notable plays: R3hab, Madeon, Boysz Noise, Laidback Luke

7. Zedd – Clarity (Remixes)

Zedd’s “Spectrum” was long-lived through a massive remix package before Clarity was released, but now that his debut album has settled he’s given the same treatment to the title track, “Clarity.” Various remixes were played everywhere from the Main Stage to Ultra Worldwide — but of course, no one dropped this sample like Zedd.

Notable plays: Zedd, Tiësto, Porter Robinson, Deniz Koyu

6. Showtek & Noisecontrollers – Loose (Tiësto Remix)

Showtek has taken off with recent productions as DJs have embodied their hard-hitting sound, apparent all week long in Miami. Their collaboration with Noisecontrollers, however, was one of the more unexpected anthems of Ultra Music Festival with aid from Tiësto’s remix.

Notable plays: Tiësto, Hardwell, Bingo Players, Cazzette

5. Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike – Wakanda (Original Mix)

Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike’s hardstyle gem has been destined for festival fever ever since receiving its Swedish House Mafia, One Last Tour premiere. The spine-rattling drops and tribal chants found a home at Ultra this year in the sets of some of the biggest acts.

Notable plays: Swedish House Mafia, Sander van Doorn, Style of Eye, Clockwork

4. Tujamo & Plastik Funk - Who (Original Mix)

“WHO!” was the loudest chant to accompany the loudest drop both weekends at Bayfront Park. The build trickles through crowds and curates an unmatched anticipation — a tactic that fit into sets at Ultra from DJs of all genres, ranging from progressive house to dubstep.

Notable plays: Avicii, Dog Blood, Carnage

3. Justin Prime & Showtek – Cannonball (Original Mix)

Since its release, “Cannonball” has been the biggest record fit for large stages. In fact, the bigger the stage, the more impacting of a drop. Anthemic in every way, the vocal hook encourages crowds to do as told — “Show us what you got when the motha******’ beat drops!”

Notable plays: Afrojack, Knife Party, Laidback Luke, Chuckie, Krewella

2. GTA, Henrix, and Digital Lab – Hit It (Original Mix)

“Atom” was one of the most popular tracks last festival season and the distinct drop has since been replicated by a multitude of producers to create a similar festival appeal. GTA, Henrix, and Digital Lab have manufactured that appeal with “Hit It,” and it was unavoidable that the collaboration would be one of Ultra’s most played records.

Notable plays: David Guetta, Benny Benassi, Deniz Koyu, Major Lazer, 12th Planet

1. W&W & Ummet Ozcan – The Code (Original Mix)

W&W collaborated with Ummet Ozcan on “The Code,” but there was no telling how massive the outcome would be as it gained support everywhere even before Miami Music Week. Ultra Music Festival was no exception to the hot streak. Whether it be the record in its entirety or a sample of its drop, nearly every set you’d attend, you’d hear “The Code” in some shape or form.

Notable plays: W&W, Hardwell, Seven Lions, Fedde Le Grand, Nicky Romero

Posted by Dylan Farella on March 26th, 2013 at 4:37 pm.

the only real surprise to me was that Who was that hot. songs been out for about a year now and isn't your typical festival anthem. its a great fun track though.

showteks slow down, rasputin by hard rock sofa, and dimitri vegas mammoth also deserve to be mentioned in terms of getting spins.

the top 2 tracks aren't a surprise. I love hit it!, but as many times as I've given the code a try, the drop is always underwhelming to me.

overall i'm a tiny bit disappointed that there wasn't really anything new that kinda just burst onto the scene and had everyone like, "oh **** :wow:. this track is gunna kill 2013"

and if you're interested, here's the list they did for Ultra 2012:

Hard Rock Sofa – Quasar (Original Mix)

Whether it’s Size Records, Refune, or Axtone, the Swedish House Mafia members have an enormous eye and ear for talent. After hearing “Quasar” at SHM’s show in MSG, we were pretty sure it would be a top 5 track in Miami this year. The pounding drum lines, wobbly bass lines, and fast paced electro sounds left most of Miami breathless each time it was dropped — especially when bootlegged with “Coming Home” and “Aerodynamic.”

Feenixpawl & Ivan Gough – In My Mind (Axwell Remix)

Axwell’s sensitive touch always works on massive crowds who have nothing but love for his music. “In My Mind” sounded off as one of the more emotional tracks in Miami this year. Axwell’s remix contains the vocals and melodies that practically brought fans at Masquerade and Ultra tears of joy.

Nicky Romero – Generation 303

Alongside Tommy Trash and R3hab, Nicky Romero is one of the most improved and dominating artists of 2012. “Generation 303″ was one of the first tracks played in Romero’s own tent at Ultra on the first day of the festival, and lets just say his small Korea Tent had as much energy as the massive Main Stage crowd. The various transitions of grinding acid beats made it difficult for anyone not to rage to their maximum capacity, and we’re certain that this a huge track you’ll be hearing for a while.

Steve Aoki ft. Wynter Gordon – Ladi Dadi (Tommy Trash Remix)

Even before stepping foot in Miami, we were pretty sure that Tommy Trash’s music would dominate the music conference — but we weren’t sure exactly which track would do it. Trash’s remix to “Ladi Dadi” possesses everything Tommy Trash is famous for: pulverizing bass lines, inspirational melodies, and complex electro synths. When Tommy dropped his own masterpiece during his set at Ultra, it became obvious that the crowd was waiting all along for “Ladi Dadi” to be played.

Qulinez – Troll (Original Mix)

Steve Angello deserves a lot of praise for signing so many gems, including “Troll” by Qulinez on Size records. Played by Cazette, Sander van Doorn, and many other artists during Miami Music Week, the progressive build up and hard bass lines of “Troll” were a huge surprise following it’s gentle build up.

Sandro Silva & Quintino – Epic (Original Mix)

If a track is called “epic” you know we’re going to have high expectations, but Sandro Silva and Quintino have a monster on their hands in this incredible big room track. We heard it in many sets at UMF throughout the weekend, and Tiesto even bootlegged it with Knife Party’s “Internet Friends” after giving its creators a shoutout at the Main Stage. This track is huge — there’s no doubt about it.

Bingo Players – Rattle (Original Mix)

2012 has been a huge year of releases for the Bingo Players. “Rattle” is definitely one of their biggest releases up to date, and was a great crowd energizer during countless Ultra sets — it just kept showing up everywhere, and we couldn’t do MMW justice without including it in our list of tracks you need to know.

Swedish House Mafia – Greyhound (Original Mix)

When Swedish House Mafia drops a new track around the start of festival season, it’s usually a safe assumption that you’ll be hearing it all over the place pretty much immediately. (Think “One” and “Miami 2 Ibiza” if you need past examples.) At 2:48 the track just takes such a motivational and powerful twist it’s almost intoxicating to listen to. We couldn’t get enough of “Greyhound” in Miami because the song is just that good when played live, and you couldn’t go anywhere without hearing it.

Nari and Milani – Atom (Original Mix)

In addition to “Troll,” Steve Angello also scores another spot on our list for signing “Atom” to his record label, SIZE; Nari and Milani are absolute geniuses for producing what is arguably one of the biggest anthem tracks of 2012. Played by SHM at MSG and previewed on Pete Tong’s radio takeover by SHM a few weeks ago, “Atom” has been a long awaited release that many fans got to enjoy in Miami. Look for its official release in just over a week!

Gotye – Somebody That I Used To Know (Various mixes)

We half-joked on Twitter that “Somebody That I Used To Know” would become the new “Rolling In The Deep,” but when an acapella gets played by Tiesto, SHM, and countless other huge names in the span of one weekend, it’s bound to attract some attention. While the jury’s still out on exactly which mix is the best, much of the DA staff is eagerly awaiting Tiesto’s version to drop officially. We couldn’t talk about music during Miami Music Week without giving this track a shoutout — even if we, like most others, don’t quite know all the lyrics yet.

Overall UMF 2012's top tracks set the bar for a magical year for house, and 2013 pales in comparison. Whenever I have doubts in the state of the game, new innovation and creativity breathes fresh life into it. I'm hoping it happens once again despite the fact that this is the year that electronic music will see commercialization and attract mainstream audiences like never before. And we're seeing too often now that once producers find success with a track, they take the easy way out and focus so much on trying to replicate that formula instead of coming up with something new again. my inner optimist is clashing with the realist, but with that being said, festival season has officially kicked off and hopefully this will be another great year for music.

Last edited:
lol u guys listen to soo much hot trash.. how bout some real house music for starters that you can dance to.. you know a baseline is all you need fam

dope track. i wonder how many people in this thread even knows what "jack"/"jacking" is lol

in case anybody is interested in what songs were hot at UMF (link will allow you to listen to the tracks from the site):
the only real surprise to me was that Who was that hot. songs been out for about a year now and isn't your typical festival anthem. its a great fun track though.

showteks slow down, rasputin by hard rock sofa, and dimitri vegas mammoth also deserve to be mentioned in terms of getting spins.

the top 2 tracks aren't a surprise. I love hit it!, but as many times as I've given the code a try, the drop is always underwhelming to me.

overall i'm a tiny bit disappointed that there wasn't really anything new that kinda just burst onto the scene and had everyone like, "oh **** :wow:. this track is gunna kill 2013"

and if you're interested, here's the list they did for Ultra 2012:

Overall UMF 2012's top tracks set the bar for a magical year for house, and 2013 pales in comparison. Whenever I have doubts in the state of the game, new innovation and creativity breathes fresh life into it. I'm hoping it happens once again despite the fact that this is the year that electronic music will see commercialization and attract mainstream audiences like never before. And we're seeing too often now that once producers find success with a track, they take the easy way out and focus so much on trying to replicate that formula instead of coming up with something new again. my inner optimist is clashing with the realist, but with that being said, festival season has officially kicked off and hopefully this will be another great year for music.

damn those tracks were horrible.

man i love detroit swindle. gonna have to go see them whenver they get booked here in LA.

The guy Dylan, the UMFTV host, I know him. Seen him out a bunch of times in the city. Have no clue how he possibly landed the gig though
laugh.gif
he went to midwood high school pretty sure I had a class with him years ago

Went to the A State of Trance after party last night :nthat: Jochen Miller and Eco opened for W&W, it was out of control, one of the best shows ive ever been to no question

W&W killed it, they played some great tracks, i went nuts when they played:

and of course all the W&W songs were dope, they opened with lift off too

dope track. i wonder how many people in this thread even knows what "jack"/"jacking" is lol

I don't. What is it?

I actually really ***** with the song btw, need to listen to more of this / see at shows

I legit need to learn how to shuffle, jumping around going nuts at qdance was fun last year but I got ******g tired..... fast :lol:

Last edited:
I don't. What is it?

I actually really ***** with the song btw, need to listen to more of this / see at shows

I legit need to learn how to shuffle, jumping around going nuts at qdance was fun last year but I got ******g tired..... fast
laugh.gif
Pretty much sums up what is wrong with this thread 
mean.gif
 some of u dudes are beyond corny  

assume you're talking about the Melbourne shuffle? new video from the youtuber with the most viewed compilations of it

Pretty much sums up what is wrong with this thread 
mean.gif

some of u dudes are beyond corny  

So why do you continue to come into a corny thread? :rolleyes

That's how you know someone is corny. Instead of pretending I know something that I don't I ask a question and your response is to clown. My assumption was it meant dance, I don't know if they were one in the same but regardless

I guess because I want to learn a dance common to hardstyle music I must be listening to LMFAO and posing.

If it's so corny and annoying just shut the **** up and leave. you sound stupid as hell.

Make your own ******g thread with a manual on how to appropriately behave, what's the right music to listen to, and what shows to go to. Yes I'm mad

Last edited:
edm hipsters are easily the most annoying thing in the world.

Am I the only one who doesn't care SHM is done lol? Ingrosso, axwell, and angello all play the same things separately anyway. I'll decide if EDC chicago will be better than ultra, but that was the craziest weekend ive had so far

edm hipsters are easily the most annoying thing in the world.

Am I the only one who doesn't care SHM is done lol? Ingrosso, axwell, and angello all play the same things separately anyway. I'll decide if EDC chicago will be better than ultra, but that was the craziest weekend ive had so far
all play the same hing= same pre recorded set?

I've seen Angello and Ingrosso solo and they both played significantly better sets than when I saw SHM at EDC a couple years ago.

was at asot600nyc at msg. dope experience. armin and w&w were dope but the debut of newworldpunx (ferry corsten & markus schulz) stole the show. heres a couple pics of them and armin

Back
Top Bottom