ITT: Everything Electro/Dubstep/House/Trance Music

oh hey. look who i ran into today. he killed it tonight at marquee mpls.

I started a new podcast/internet radio show where I only mix ORIGINAL EDM music from up and coming producers/artists. So if you are a producer or you know of some, be sure to submit your tracks. I've already been approached for a partnership with EDM Spotlight aka those Monstercat kids.

while a vast majority of everyone was at SHM, Paul van Dyk put on a mother fuxking 138+ clinic! 
http://www.1001tracklists.com/track...-festival-miami-united-states-2013-03-24.html
ill post the link as so as someone uploads it.

http://www76.zippyshare.com/v/42380091/file.html

I saw PvD last year, one of the best trance sets I've ever experienced.

Saw him Thanksgiving night at Pacha, I don't give his set enough credit. He was dope.

idk how Ultra is waayyy better. Ultra to my knowledge has no hardstyle or psy trance, EDC has both. They do a way better job incoporating in more genres imo. EDC also entertainers that walk around, art & rides. the best reason yet is the dusk-dawn schedule. i cant imagine hear Aly & Fila's set with the sun rising in the background. the only reason Id go to Miami in March is for WMC, not Ultra.

i feel like its the other way around as far as the line ups go. has edc ever had djs that play psy trance other than christopher lawrence on its lineups???

and as for the dusk-dawn thing, you can always go to a number of wmc parties after.

the fact that wmc is going on and the fact that its in miami would make me choose ultra over edc.
but yea i would go to wmc w/o going to ultra as well. ultra would just be icing on top.

Ultra's lineup has way better variation than EDC does. The crowds at both suck now though not just Ultra's.

Ultra's lineup has way better variation than EDC does. The crowds at both suck now though not just Ultra's.

definitely. ultra's lineups have always been way more comprehensive imo. and yes the crowd is same at both. only major festival
in USA that would bring a different crowd would be demf.

ultra throwing in a few curveballs outside of the genre doesn't make it better. like honestly azealia banks has no place at that show.

edcs rides, dancers, costumed people just walking around joking withy ou, there's way too much production and fun at edc.

unrelated and probably out of you guys tastes but I really wanted more from crystal castles set. Well honestly it was decent but no doe deer? WHAT THE ******G **** ARE YOU KIDDING ME? they should know they are stuck playing that song in every set for the rest of their lives. If i bought tickets and I was denied that song with all those people I'd be heartbroken. That said they're likely a lot more epic in smaller venues which is what I've heard.

Hell yeah bro. Diplo is a nice dude. Happy bday also. A&b is dope as well.

How'd your harlem shake go? :lol:

Seeing morgan page tomorrow night.

Ive actually read and seen interviews from people in the industry that stated Diplo is a douche

ultra throwing in a few curveballs outside of the genre doesn't make it better. like honestly azealia banks has no place at that show..

its not just a few curveballs. just go and compare the lineups the past couple years. you'll see what i mean.

and as far as hip hop goes? EDC used to have a hip hop stage a long time ago and edc has hiphop/turntablist djs here and there ( z trip, craze off the top of my head).

and with all the genre crossovers happening these days, cant say it doesnt belong.
the dude from black eyed peas was booked for edc b4, with lil john as the mc (lol) so i dont see why
azealia banks cant be a performer at ultra.

The guy Dylan, the UMFTV host, I know him. Seen him out a bunch of times in the city. Have no clue how he possibly landed the gig though :lol: .

Last edited:
You guys should check out Trent Cantrelle's set from Beyond..I enjoyed it quite a bit..

listening now thanks for this, if you have soundcloud my name is hanacheezy have some similar sounds on there along with some others you might like

Does anyone have or know where I can find the full Cirez D set from Ultra this previous weekend? I can only find a 14 minute long version and I NEED more.

Yeah but Prydz did a separate set under that name and did a darker set under Cirez D.

Reading on Trance Addict he was booted from Space after about 15 minutes. Sloppy drunk. That could be what you're talking about. He also released this:

Eric Prydz

Hey guys, thanks to everyone who came out for all my shows this Miami Week. Techno on the main stage at Ultra, Cirez D in the mix. Good times. I am very sorry my set finished early at Space on Friday. I had serious problems with my SD cards, but I should have handled it better and avoided the booze. Not my usual style, it will never happen again. Apologies again to all of you who came out and were disappointed.

Eric

At least he admitted to the alcohol. Most jack offs just blame it on some other stuff, and call it a day. Also, this is the first complaint I've heard about him, so whatever.

Reading on Trance Addict he was booted from Space after about 15 minutes. Sloppy drunk. That could be what you're talking about. He also released this:

Eric Prydz

Hey guys, thanks to everyone who came out for all my shows this Miami Week. Techno on the main stage at Ultra, Cirez D in the mix. Good times. I am very sorry my set finished early at Space on Friday. I had serious problems with my SD cards, but I should have handled it better and avoided the booze. Not my usual style, it will never happen again. Apologies again to all of you who came out and were disappointed.

Eric

Check sound cloud. He's talking about the cirez d set he did at the mega structure. Idk if the full set is up tho.

But ya heard he was wasted at his club set lol.

Back
Top Bottom