Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

This is racist

486064151.jpg

Capture5.JPG
thats just ignorant 
laugh.gif

damn, black people can't catch a break...
laugh.gif
smh.gif

thank god im hispanic...i can check in and out of outta this culture as i please.
eyes.gif

Reaching. If the cheaper one started to sell better then they would jack up the price... Settle down

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Not racist.

Chances are the black one doesn't sell as well, so they marked it down to encourage purchase.
da question is WHY doesn't it sell that well though.....hmmm
nerd.gif
That might be your question, but the original post didn't clarify and it seemed like they thought the black doll wasn't worth equal to it's white counterpart so it was marked down, which I highly doubt was the intention of the manager at the store.

It doesn't sell as well for several reasons, could be a predominately white area where black or minority customers wouldn't be shopping, most white parents probably wouldn't get their kid a black doll and most young white girls probably wouldn't want a black doll, they'd want one that looks like them.  However with all things constant, it probably sells worse because media and society tell us from a young age that black isn't beautiful and slap a white face on products to better market them.

The original intent of the store owner most likely wasn't to degrade black people by marking down the price of a black Barbie.  Do petty and racist people like that exist? Sure, but I'd be surprise if that was the case.  So it wasn't directly racist.  Although it most likely it's a result of conditioned and pre-conceived notions of beauty kids pick up from parents, media, friends, the world.

Not racist.

Chances are the black one doesn't sell as well, so they marked it down to encourage purchase.
nerd.gif
That might be your question, but the original post didn't clarify and it seemed like they thought the black doll wasn't worth equal to it's white counterpart so it was marked down, which I highly doubt was the intention of the manager at the store.

It doesn't sell as well for several reasons, could be a predominately white area where black or minority customers wouldn't be shopping, most white parents probably wouldn't get their kid a black doll and most young white girls probably wouldn't want a black doll, they'd want one that looks like them.  However with all things constant, it probably sells worse because media and society tell us from a young age that black isn't beautiful and slap a white face on products to better market them.

The original intent of the store owner most likely wasn't to degrade black people by marking down the price of a black Barbie.  Do petty and racist people like that exist? Sure, but I'd be surprise if that was the case.  So it wasn't directly racist.  Although it most likely it's a result of conditioned and pre-conceived notions of beauty kids pick up from parents, media, friends, the world.
Money > Racism. A manager wouldn't lose money marking something down if there wasn't a purpose behind it. 
grin.gif

And as for the lil monkey and pretty panda. 
tired.gif
 How did this even make it to the shelves?

Originally Posted by seventh letter

Not racist.

nerd.gif

Money > Racism. A manager wouldn't lose money marking something down if there wasn't a purpose behind it. 
grin.gif

And as for the lil monkey and pretty panda. 
tired.gif
 How did this even make it to the shelves?
What are you talking about? I said in my original post he probably marked it down because it wasn't selling, so he put it on sale to move the units.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Originally Posted by KanyeWestJayZ4life

Its kind of subconsciously racist. We know in america people prefer lighter skin, So its the fact that most little girls will chose the light one over the dark one. Im pretty sure people still buying the higher priced barbie.
This.

Sure it's because the White doll sells more ... but it's a reason why society thinks that one looks better in the 1st place.
but on the other hand, why would a white parent buy a black doll for their white girl? If you haven't noticed, most girls who play with these dolls want to BE barbie, or whatever other dolls there are. A little white girl who wants to be barbie wouldnt be able to understand why barbie is black. 
if I had a girl, I'd be buying her the doll that she can "relate" to the most instead of being so damn PC
But Black mothers don't BUY Black dolls for their daughters .
yea they do, i for one was raised in a house where there was specific intent to buy my little sister black dolls when ever possible.

do black parents buy their daughters white dolls? sure, is part of this attributed to the "conditioning" mentioned earlier? probably, that being one of the subconscious social factors NOT named racism that contributes to a higher demand for white barbie.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
bro dont even waste time explaining this to the reachers when I used to work for Wal Mart in high school I ask the manager why we dont sake black santas and he simply put it supply and demand he said look around you in the type of neighborhood we were in was mostly rich and white the company would simply be wasting money on it because it wont sale its that simple when we had overstock of stuff it was marked down to sale it

reminds me of that one office episode where tobey was disappointed he had to buy a black doll from darrell lol

Originally Posted by gambit215

51- Racist
49- the crap everyone else is saying.

Look you cant assume white people are going to buy the white child, and you are also assuming all other ethnicities (hispanic, asian etc.) would buy the white doll as well, Americans have been conditioned to assume the white woman is the crown jewel of women. Dont buy into the hype.
if you notice that the black doll was originally marked the same price as the white doll.

20pdilc.jpg

they are marked down b/c the store prob needs to get rid of the inventory

Back
Top Bottom