Is Lebron James still the best basketball player right now?

Dude what?! Hes competing against whats going to be one of the greatest dynasties and most stacked rosters of all time.... how is losing to the Warriors 2 out of 3 times a bad thing?! Not to mention the one that he did win was in one of if not the most dominant finals performances in NBA history.

are you asking how losing the championship 2 out of 3 times a bad thing? lebron has done something to basketball fans. hes made it so the point of playing isnt to win a championship anymore. now just showing up is HOF worthy. yall want to crown him for the most attempts, for getting closest to winning the most times? the argument about going to finals is SO stupid. nobody plays in the post season hoping to make it to the finals. they play hoping to WIN. lebron the only dude where losses have a 1.5x multiplier if the losses come consecutively.

LMAO bro this was deadass one of the stupidest posts Ive ever seen on here. Seriously, just look how stupid this looks. Like I said in my original post, y'all be saying the same **** for 5 years straight now and dude has only been getting better. He's playing at maybe the highest all time level of any player EVER right now in his 15th season after 7 straight finals appearances. MVP MVP there is no overreacting. If anyone has LeBron lower than 2 or 3 on their all time list theyre bugging out major. Just give it up guys, I was once a big hater too but y'all just wasting your time at this point. He has proved wrong and shattered every single narrative against him in these past 4 years ever since his return to CLE.

cut it out. tired of the ESPN "hes only getting better" narrative. no. hes playing more minutes than ever and even MORE ball dominant than ever. is he a high IQ player? yes. is he a great passer for his position and size? definitely. is he still playing crazy for being on the other side of 30 years old? yes! but is he in his prime? no. you yourself say he cant be lower than 2 or 3.... in a debate about whether hes #1 or not. the only narratives AGAINST him have been he cant win in cleveland. every other narrative around him has been about him needing more help every year and no matter how good the team does... theyre all bums that hes carrying. but sure, you got it lol

Kobe isn't even a good husband.

Personally, I have him in my 30-36 range.

Also, I'm extremely curious as to where some of you guys place Tony Parker on your all time PG list.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised he didn't add in ASG MVP's, too.

Considering that's the only MVP award edge he has on Bron and all.

Kareem has more points, rebs, league MVPs, blocks, all league selections, and chips than Bron, what logical argument can you make for him at this point to be under Bron?

Regular Season:

LeBron averages 3 more PPG, 4 less RPG, 4 more APG, less blocks, more steals than Kareem in regular season. Edge to Bron overall in those categories. Give me 27/7/7 over 24/11/3. Bron has a 27.7 PER(2nd highest ever) compared to Kareems 24.5(11th). Kareem has more overall win shares(279 to 219) but LeBron is well on his way to eclipsing that and becoming number 1 all time in that category. LeBron's box plus/minus 9.18(best ever) to Kareem's 5.77(13th). Most importantly, LeBron's value over replacement player is 124.87(by far number 1 already) compared to Kareem's 86.03(7th).

As for the accolades, Kareem has 6 MVPs to Brons 4 but we all know LeBron could win it every year he has just suffered voter fatigue. Kareem has 15 all NBA to LeBron's 13 but LeBron is obviously gonna pass that. LeBron has 3 FMVP to Kareem's 2.

The cumulative stats and accolades slightly go to Kareem but thats in 5 more seasons of work so thats obvious. In terms of averages its LeBron for sure.

Kareem might actually be closest to LeBron in normal stats and advanced stats for regular season but LeBron still beats him and handily beats the rest of your top 5.

Playoffs:

Kareem avg 24/10/3 to LeBrons 29/9/7... Averages go to Bron. PER Bron at 28.2 to 23.1 for Kareem. Win shares Bron has 49(number 1) to Kareems 35. Box plus/minus Bron(Number 1) at 11 compared to Kareem at 5(21st). Value over replacement player LeBron at 31(Number 1 all time) compared to Kareem's 13(9th).

LeBron is all time playoff leader in Points, 7th in rebounds compared to Kareems 4th and will pass him there, 3rd in assists and likely will end up 2nd, 1st in steals, top 20 in blocks (Kareem 2nd). Statistically LeBron has had many of the greatest playoff series averages ever, most buzzer beaters, and best finals averages + cumulative stats and isn't slowing down anytime soon by the looks of it.

Overall:

Kareem actually has the best argument over LeBron in terms of total package of stats/winning/accolades along with MJ but still overall falls short IMO although an argument can be made. Who knows when LeBron is done how much he will add to all these numbers. Everyone else(besides MJ) you mentioned is gonna fall short in overall package by a good amount hence my comment of him being no lower than 3. All this doesn't take into account the eye test which clearly shows is the best combination of height, weight, speed, durability, and basketball IQ we've ever seen in an NBA player. Only stain on his career can be the finals losses but the only one that was actually on him was the Mavs series where he was bad. Let's not try that stupid argument though where somehow going to the finals and losing is worse than losing in the first or second round. I will say, If LeBron wants to solidify him as the GOAT bar none he will need another ring or two which may be possible so we'll see. Without another one anywhere in the top 3 will be his final standing.

Last edited:
Regular Season:

LeBron averages 3 more PPG, 4 less RPG, 4 more APG, less blocks, more steals than Kareem in regular season. Edge to Bron overall in those categories. Give me 27/7/7 over 24/11/3. Bron has a 27.7 PER(2nd highest ever) compared to Kareems 24.5(11th). Kareem has more overall win shares(279 to 219) but LeBron is well on his way to eclipsing that and becoming number 1 all time in that category. LeBron's box plus/minus 9.18(best ever) to Kareem's 5.77(13th). Most importantly, LeBron's value over replacement player is 124.87(by far number 1 already) compared to Kareem's 86.03(7th).

As for the accolades, Kareem has 6 MVPs to Brons 4 but we all know LeBron could win it every year he has just suffered voter fatigue. Kareem has 15 all NBA to LeBron's 13 but LeBron is obviously gonna pass that. LeBron has 3 FMVP to Kareem's 2.

The cumulative stats and accolades slightly go to Kareem but thats in 5 more seasons of work so thats obvious. In terms of averages its LeBron for sure.

Kareem might actually be closest to LeBron in normal stats and advanced stats for regular season but LeBron still beats him and handily beats the rest of your top 5.

Playoffs:

Kareem avg 24/10/3 to LeBrons 29/9/7... Averages go to Bron. PER Bron at 28.2 to 23.1 for Kareem. Win shares Bron has 49(number 1) to Kareems 35. Box plus/minus Bron(Number 1) at 11 compared to Kareem at 5(21st). Value over replacement player LeBron at 31(Number 1 all time) compared to Kareem's 13(9th).

LeBron is all time playoff leader in Points, 7th in rebounds compared to Kareems 4th and will pass him there, 3rd in assists and likely will end up 2nd, 1st in steals, top 20 in blocks (Kareem 2nd). Statistically LeBron has had many of the greatest playoff series averages ever, most buzzer beaters, and best finals averages + cumulative stats and isn't slowing down anytime soon by the looks of it.

Overall:

Kareem actually has the best argument over LeBron in terms of total package of stats/winning/accolades along with MJ but still overall falls short IMO although an argument can be made. Who knows when LeBron is done how much he will add to all these numbers. Everyone else you mentioned is gonna fall short in overall package by a good amount.
mj has played 2 years less then lebron iiirc and still has the better resume. peyton manning going to own all the records but sorry he aint the goat or even top 3 imo.
lebron =nbas answer to peyton manning.

. not everyone thinks lebron is the goat or top 3 and thats ok. if you do thats cool.
its a subjective opinion.
the "hes faced harder competition in the finals, he beat the 73 and 9 warriors " is weak .
you dont get extra credit for certain chips , eli dont get extra credit for beating the 18 and 0 patriots

Last edited:
Regular Season:

Playoffs:

Overall:

Kareem actually has the best argument over LeBron in terms of total package of stats/winning/accolades along with MJ but still overall falls short IMO although an argument can be made. Who knows when LeBron is done how much he will add to all these numbers. Everyone else you mentioned is gonna fall short in overall package by a good amount.

I honestly could care less whohas the most win shares, VORP or PER. I think Chris Paul probably has Magic beat in those categories too or will in the next season or 2, but doesn't mean he's a better player. Kareem has 6 rings, 8 total MVPs, 27 all league selections, more than Bron in each. Duncan has 5 rings, 5 total MVPs, 31 all league selections, Kobe has 5 rings, 3 total MVPs, 28 all league selections. Both best in 2 out 3 of those categories. MJ of course is on another level with what he did in his 13 year Bulls tenure. As much as y'all try to devalue winning it doesn't work that way. Cause you know damn well if Bron had 1 or even no rings but all the advanced stats in the world wouldn't have him anywhere near the conversation. It's also why y'all wanna give him extra credit for 2015 and act like 2016 is the greatest thing in the history of the league.

My guy calls you ignorant for your list and then proceeds to have Kobe in his Top 5 and above LBJ.

Amazing stuff.
dirk
jordan
ai
kd
kyrie
shaq
etc etc .
i can name many players who say kobe is better then lebron. guess they all ignorant and know nothing about the game .

personally i think lebron is better but the way people disrespect kobe who i dont even care for is ridiculous. sorry but the if "you dont hold the same opinion i hold then youre stupid " is what is really ignorant.

Last edited:
dirk
jordan
ai
kd
kyrie
shaq
etc etc .
i can name many players who say kobe is better then lebron. guess they all ignorant.

personally i think lebron is better but the way people disrespect kobe who i dont even like is ridiculous.

These HOF players don't know anything, they don't even know what VORP is. Psh

dirk
jordan
ai
kd
kyrie
shaq
etc etc .
i can name many players who say kobe is better then lebron. guess they all ignorant and know nothing about the game .

personally i think lebron is better but the way people disrespect kobe who i dont even care for is ridiculous.

LOL look at my SN, again Kobe is my favorite athlete ever. Doesn’t mean I’m gonna sit here and be delusional and blindly call him a better player when that’s obviously not the case. Also, all those guys made that comment at one point but many of them it was years ago. Ask them all the same question now and they’ll likely give some diplomatic beat around the bush answer because they respect both players but they ain’t all saying Kobe lol.

To me the only thing that will always put MJ first over Kareem and Bron is the amount of time it took for him to achieve all that he did. Even if you eliminate the Wizards years, the stats he put up and rings he won in essentially 11 seasons is mind blowing. But when Bron’s career is done it’s gonna be a hell of an argument.

LOL look at my SN, again Kobe is my favorite athlete ever. Doesn’t mean I’m gonna sit here and be delusional and blindly call him a better player when that’s obviously not the case. Also, all those guys made that comment at one point but many of them it was years ago. Ask them all the same question now and they’ll likely give some diplomatic beat around the bush answer because they respect both players but they ain’t all saying Kobe lol.

AI just said it a couple weeks ago, MJ repeatedly says it, Shaq, Chuck, etc. many of the all time greats have reiterated those sentiments even after 16. You just don't wanna hear it.

ai said it like last week .dirk was last year etc etc. kyrie and kd said it recently as well.
Vince Carter (January 26th, 2017):

“I tried my damnedest to prove that I’m me. I’m not Michael Jordan,” Carter told The Vertical. “Kobe is probably the closest. I watched Michael Jordan. Studied him. Admired him. Super fan of him. I mean, Dr. J was my ultimate. Michael Jordan right there is a very close second. But when someone said, ‘He’s not Michael Jordan.’ I was like, ‘Yeah, I know, thank you.’ ”

Source:http://sports.yahoo.com/news/vince-c...192415260.html

Kyrie Irving (February 17th, 2017):

[on his All-Time NBA Team]

"I'd put MJ at the 1, Kobe at the 2,

Chauncey Billups (May 13th, 2017):

[on Jordan/LeBron debate]

“But question: Why don’t we ever compare [LeBron] to Kobe? Why do they skip over Kobe? Kobe is right there with more championships. Why is it always just MJ? It’d be closer to me [comparing LeBron to Kobe instead of MJ].”

wasnt long time ago like you say it is.all these were 2017. guess they dont know as much as the nba fans who think lebron is the goat right. naw , its cool if you think lebron is the goat or top 3 . thats your opinion and its subjective. hell im sure theres a lot of nba players who think lebron is better then kobe and mj as well . to me lebron is peyton manning. he might own all the records at the end of his career and he is an all time great but hes not the goat to me.

like i said , i think lebron is better but that "if you dont think how i think youre ignorant or dont know nothing " dont fly with me.

Last edited:
Reactions: MVP
ai said it like last week .dirk was last year etc etc. kyrie and kd said it recently as well.
Vince Carter (January 26th, 2017):

“I tried my damnedest to prove that I’m me. I’m not Michael Jordan,” Carter told The Vertical. “Kobe is probably the closest. I watched Michael Jordan. Studied him. Admired him. Super fan of him. I mean, Dr. J was my ultimate. Michael Jordan right there is a very close second. But when someone said, ‘He’s not Michael Jordan.’ I was like, ‘Yeah, I know, thank you.’ ”

Source:http://sports.yahoo.com/news/vince-c...192415260.html

Kyrie Irving (February 17th, 2017):

[on his All-Time NBA Team]

"I'd put MJ at the 1, Kobe at the 2,

Chauncey Billups (May 13th, 2017):

[on Jordan/LeBron debate]

“But question: Why don’t we ever compare [LeBron] to Kobe? Why do they skip over Kobe? Kobe is right there with more championships. Why is it always just MJ? It’d be closer to me [comparing LeBron to Kobe instead of MJ].”

wasnt long time ago like you say it is.all these were 2017. guess they dont know as much as the nba fans who think lebron is the goat right. naw , its cool if you think lebron is the goat or top 3 . thats your opinion and its subjective. hell im sure theres a lot of nba players who think lebron is better then kobe and mj as well . to me lebron is peyton manning. he might own all the records at the end of his career and he is an all time great but hes not the goat to me.

like i said , i think lebron is better but that "if you dont think how i think youre ignorant or dont know nothing " dont fly with me.

Please. These players and former players ride the wave that’s hot all the time. Look at Twitter these past couple weeks esp after the Raptors games and sooooo many current players and former players were tweeting about how Bron may be the GOAT. Dirk being one of them from your specific list. There aren’t any rational arguments left for Kobe over Bron aside from”ringzzzz” and I was the guy on the other side dying on the Kobe hill for years on years.

And again, my ignorant comment was more referring to using the being on “stacked teams” angle as an argument against LeBron. Imagine championing players like Kareem, Kobe, and Magic all while downgrading Bron at the same time for being on stacked teams lol. Makes no damn sense. It’s funny cause Bron isn’t even one of my favorite ten players in the league at the moment and never has been... it’s just impossible to deny the full body of work IMO.

Please. These players and former players ride the wave that’s hot all the time. Look at Twitter these past couple weeks esp after the Raptors games and sooooo many current players and former players were tweeting about how Bron may be the GOAT. Dirk being one of them from your specific list. There aren’t any rational arguments left for Kobe over Bron aside from”ringzzzz” and I was the guy on the other side dying on the Kobe hill for years on years.

And again, my ignorant comment was more referring to using the being on “stacked teams” angle as an argument against LeBron. Imagine championing players like Kareem, Kobe, and Magic all while downgrading Bron at the same time for being on stacked teams lol. Makes no damn sense. It’s funny cause Bron isn’t even one of my favorite ten players in the league at the moment and never has been... it’s just impossible to deny the full body of work IMO.
and i agree

even if players mind change they dont think the gap is as huge as some people try to make it out to be and i dont either.

. lebron is one of the goats. hes just not the goat or top 3 to me. like i said tho i think he better then kobe but its really not as huge of a gap as people try to make it seem like . imo lebron is 4th . id put kobe at like 7th or 8th.
cant deny peyton manning body of work either , he owns all the records , but he aint the goat . sorry but theres more to the game then per and stats.

Last edited:
Reactions: MVP
Lol this dude trying to discredit everything that goes against his narrative.

A few years ago Charles Barkley called Andrew Toney "the greatest scorer he's ever seen". That's how valuable opinions from former greats are.

Not to mention the fact that they constantly flip-flop based on how much they like/dislike that player at that particular point in time. Scottie Pippen said that LeBron was better than Jordan years ago, but recently he said that Jordan was better. I guess LeBron's third ring, thousands of more career points and several more all-NBA 1st team selections dragged LeBron down his list. :lol:

Lol this dude trying to discredit everything that goes against his narrative.

Lol nah homie that’s exactly what YOU are doing. Any objective fan sees that Kobe doesn’t have a tangible argument over LeBron at this point. Using anecdotal straw man arguments like “stacked teams” and “iverson said Kobes better so he must be” is all you can resort too. Meanwhile every single major statistic favors LeBron over Kobe and almost everyone else. It just is what it is.

Back
Top Bottom