IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

I don't think Kobe Bryant is greater than Tim Duncan overall.
Exactly all kobe is hype with the kids especially in asia,kb got a good publicist and huge nike contract and that makes him appealing to these dumbasses kb fans..duncan is underrated as hell..

See Dirk Nowitzki

ehhhhhh dirk had jason terry dropping 18 a game in the finals. he also carried the mavs in that decisive game 6...not dirk. olajuwon dropped almost 27 a game while the next closest person on his team (vernon maxwell) scored 13 a game. he led his team in points, assists, steals, and blocks. finished second in rebounding. that's carrying a team by yourself.

Jason Terry didn't show up til Game 5.

He had a great game 5 and 6 and that's it.

Ehhh... Don't act like a lot of people weren't saying with those big shots he was hitting that Terry was the MVP of that series.

And alot people say Pau deserved a Finals MVP.......yall make this too easy

You're slow today.

That's not very nice to say :smh:

:lol:

Is this a real question?

Where do we get this stuff from?

Really?

We get it from you Lakers' fans that love to overrate Kobe Bryant just to show the rest of the Lakers fans (majority) that don't know anything about basketball either that "hey, I'm a bigger Lakers fan than you and Kobe has five rings so he's the best!!"

There's a reason people severely dislike Lakers fans and Kobe Bryant. It's because most of y'all overrate the hell out of Bryant just for the sake of being accepted as a "diehard Lakers fan" amongst each other.

Where do we get this stuff from... seriously?

We get it from the people who try to convince us that Kobe Bryant is a top 2, top 3, top 5 player.

The guy is somewhere between 15-25. We say he's overrated because a lot of people who don't know crap about the game of basketball are brainwashed by the media and other casual basketball viewers that don't know crap about basketball and love to promote the idea that Kobe Bryant is a top 5 basketball player ever.

The whole idea of him being top 5 is a joke. I can name 5 players on the 1992 Dream Team that are better than Kobe in terms of "if you give this player the same teammates for 17 years as Kobe Bryant has had, he will win more championships."

You guys are so blind-sided by your desire to be recognized as diehard Lakers fans amongst phony Lakers fans that you're throwing out nonsense ideas and then try to justify it by saying "then why does the basketball media always say it too?" The media has already started the "is LeBron better than Jordan" storylines and you Kobe fans get so bent out of shape about it. Why? How come if they compare LeBron to Jordan, it's just a storyline to attract viewers but if they say Kobe Bryant is top 5, then suddenly the media doesn't have any underlying motivations?

Let me tell you Kobe Bryant Stans something: I ASSURE you that LeBron James being a better basketball player than Michael Jordan, however off base you may think it is, is a lot closer to being accurate than Kobe Bryant being a top 5 all-time basketball player. They feed you this stuff now to sell jerseys. 10 years from now when Bryant is no longer playing and they don't need to promote him for television ratings and jersey sales, none of the media guys will continue to say that he's top 5.
laugh.gif

@francc ur laughing coz its true douche
@XX HPDV thank u finally someone with some sense around here,talking to kb fans its like talking to a toddlers bunch of kids they will
Never get it theyll feed off the media and sportscenter smh

Where the hell were yall when I was getting ate up in this ***** :lol:

The whole vibe of this thread has 180'd

homeboy was coachin tonight.. He always trying to will the team to a win at any cost. When he comes back it's a wrap beta hope you don't catch us in the playoffs!!

Is this a real question?

Where do we get this stuff from?

Really?

We get it from you Lakers' fans that love to overrate Kobe Bryant just to show the rest of the Lakers fans (majority) that don't know anything about basketball either that "hey, I'm a bigger Lakers fan than you and Kobe has five rings so he's the best!!"

There's a reason people severely dislike Lakers fans and Kobe Bryant. It's because most of y'all overrate the hell out of Bryant just for the sake of being accepted as a "diehard Lakers fan" amongst each other.

Where do we get this stuff from... seriously?

We get it from the people who try to convince us that Kobe Bryant is a top 2, top 3, top 5 player.

The guy is somewhere between 15-25. We say he's overrated because a lot of people who don't know crap about the game of basketball are brainwashed by the media and other casual basketball viewers that don't know crap about basketball and love to promote the idea that Kobe Bryant is a top 5 basketball player ever.

The whole idea of him being top 5 is a joke. I can name 5 players on the 1992 Dream Team that are better than Kobe in terms of "if you give this player the same teammates for 17 years as Kobe Bryant has had, he will win more championships."

You guys are so blind-sided by your desire to be recognized as diehard Lakers fans amongst phony Lakers fans that you're throwing out nonsense ideas and then try to justify it by saying "then why does the basketball media always say it too?" The media has already started the "is LeBron better than Jordan" storylines and you Kobe fans get so bent out of shape about it. Why? How come if they compare LeBron to Jordan, it's just a storyline to attract viewers but if they say Kobe Bryant is top 5, then suddenly the media doesn't have any underlying motivations?

Let me tell you Kobe Bryant Stans something: I ASSURE you that LeBron James being a better basketball player than Michael Jordan, however off base you may think it is, is a lot closer to being accurate than Kobe Bryant being a top 5 all-time basketball player. They feed you this stuff now to sell jerseys. 10 years from now when Bryant is no longer playing and they don't need to promote him for television ratings and jersey sales, none of the media guys will continue to say that he's top 5.

this has to be either longstroke or ska i dont know which one it is :rofl:

You know what's funny, could someone with a brain, not with hate, with a brain please explain to me the definitive proof that Magic is a better basketball player overall, than Kobe?

Please don't troll me and say Magic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kobe because he passes.
And stall me with the Kobe rode Shaq around, and Magic played his whole career with Kurt Rambis, that argument goes out the window too.

I'm talkin total game, as in, COMPLETE game.

Because Magic was a passer, we all know that, and he was amazing. And he grabbed 7 boards a game, awesome numbers there. But was Magic a lockdown defender? No, he wasn't. Could Magic shoot with any sort of range outside 17-18 feet? No, he couldn't. Magic had handles, so does Kobe. Magic can pass, and clearly better than Kobe, but Kobe can indeed move the ball when needed. He even has the flare that Magic did with the no looks, behind the backs and such.

Was Magic's post game better than Kobe's? No.

Magic have better footwork than Kobe? No.

So I ask, breaking down the game, their game, what is SPECIFICALLY, that makes Magic CLEARLY better than Kobe so much so, that it is RIDICULOUS to say they are close in terms of GLOAT?

And make no mistake, let their be zero confusion, Magic Johnson is my favorite NBA player of all time. Do not for one second get that confused. But with all the shock and drama regarding Magic so CLEARLY better than Kobe as some of you suggest, I wonder why that is you think that, when skill by skill, Magic was not superior to Bryant. As Ska has argued, Magic was better at passing, than Kobe is scoring, therefore, his belief was Magic >>>>>>>Kobe.

But when I say who is the better defender? It would look a lot like Kobe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Magic, and now the gap closes, does it not?

Magic was a dominant distributor, and he could get to the rim at will with his handles, and the open court, uptempo game that the Lakers played, Rajon Rondo can get dimes, and get to the rim, and get triple doubles with ease, can Rondo make a jumper with ease? Does he lockdown his man on D? I would argue, Rondo is an even better defender than Magic was, Magic's gift was he was 6-9 therefore taller than everyone at his position, it covered him for a lot of things. But that doesn't make him a lockdown defender. Makes him useable.

For fun, I have some wonders about if they switched teams, Kobe in the 80's offense with Worthy/Kareem/Scott, scoring at will, passing when needed for his 5-6 assists, his range pulling defenders out off Kareem.
What about Magic? Clearly he gets the ball to Shaq more, but when they double/triple Shaq, he kicks it out to Magic, does he make the shots? On defense, does Magic stop his man enough to prevent penetration and guys getting Shaq in foul trouble?

*shrugs*

Like I said, 1A, 1B. I change my mind all the time who the "best" Laker is. Kobe's career resume might pass Magic, but I don't know if his "game" does as well. But there isn't some big huge gap like some of you would like me to believe.

ehhhhh that's an unfair representation. how about you just compare their stats in their first 7 playoff appearances (discounting both their rookie and soph years where kobe was backing up van exel and eddie jones and lebron missed the post season. So essentially their first 7 playoff appearances as the primary starters.):

Lebron: 3,275 pts. 998 rbnds. 772 asts. 195 stls 109 blks

28.5 pts, 8.7 rbnds. 6.7 asts. 1.7 stls. 0.7 blks per game 47% fg 31% 3pts

Kobe:  2719 pts. 589 rbnds. 537 asts. 163 stls. 82 blks

25.7 pts., 5.6 rbnds. 5.1 asts. 1.5 stls. 0.8 blks. per game 44% fg 34% 3pts

it should be noted, that lebron played in the east his entire career, but his numbers over the first seven years are better

ehhhhh that's an unfair representation. how about you just compare their stats in their first 7 playoff appearances (discounting both their rookie and soph years where kobe was backing up van exel and eddie jones and lebron missed the post season. So essentially their first 7 playoff appearances as the primary starters.):

Lebron: 3,275 pts. 998 rbnds. 772 asts. 195 stls 109 blks
28.5 pts, 8.7 rbnds. 6.7 asts. 1.7 stls. 0.7 blks per game 47% fg 31% 3pts

Kobe:  2719 pts. 589 rbnds. 537 asts. 163 stls. 82 blks
25.7 pts., 5.6 rbnds. 5.1 asts. 1.5 stls. 0.8 blks. per game 44% fg 34% 3pts

it should be noted, that lebron played in the east his entire career, but his numbers over the first seven years are better

Stop bringing logic into this thread.

Last edited:
You know what's funny, could someone with a brain, not with hate, with a brain please explain to me the definitive proof that Magic is a better basketball player overall, than Kobe?

Please don't troll me and say Magic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kobe because he passes.
And stall me with the Kobe rode Shaq around, and Magic played his whole career with Kurt Rambis, that argument goes out the window too.

I'm talkin total game, as in, COMPLETE game.

Because Magic was a passer, we all know that, and he was amazing. And he grabbed 7 boards a game, awesome numbers there. But was Magic a lockdown defender? No, he wasn't. Could Magic shoot with any sort of range outside 17-18 feet? No, he couldn't. Magic had handles, so does Kobe. Magic can pass, and clearly better than Kobe, but Kobe can indeed move the ball when needed. He even has the flare that Magic did with the no looks, behind the backs and such.

Was Magic's post game better than Kobe's? No.

Magic have better footwork than Kobe? No.

So I ask, breaking down the game, their game, what is SPECIFICALLY, that makes Magic CLEARLY better than Kobe so much so, that it is RIDICULOUS to say they are close in terms of GLOAT?

And make no mistake, let their be zero confusion, Magic Johnson is my favorite NBA player of all time. Do not for one second get that confused. But with all the shock and drama regarding Magic so CLEARLY better than Kobe as some of you suggest, I wonder why that is you think that, when skill by skill, Magic was not superior to Bryant. As Ska has argued, Magic was better at passing, than Kobe is scoring, therefore, his belief was Magic >>>>>>>Kobe.

But when I say who is the better defender? It would look a lot like Kobe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Magic, and now the gap closes, does it not?

Magic was a dominant distributor, and he could get to the rim at will with his handles, and the open court, uptempo game that the Lakers played, Rajon Rondo can get dimes, and get to the rim, and get triple doubles with ease, can Rondo make a jumper with ease? Does he lockdown his man on D? I would argue, Rondo is an even better defender than Magic was, Magic's gift was he was 6-9 therefore taller than everyone at his position, it covered him for a lot of things. But that doesn't make him a lockdown defender. Makes him useable.

For fun, I have some wonders about if they switched teams, Kobe in the 80's offense with Worthy/Kareem/Scott, scoring at will, passing when needed for his 5-6 assists, his range pulling defenders out off Kareem.
What about Magic? Clearly he gets the ball to Shaq more, but when they double/triple Shaq, he kicks it out to Magic, does he make the shots? On defense, does Magic stop his man enough to prevent penetration and guys getting Shaq in foul trouble?

*shrugs*

Like I said, 1A, 1B. I change my mind all the time who the "best" Laker is. Kobe's career resume might pass Magic, but I don't know if his "game" does as well. But there isn't some big huge gap like some of you would like me to believe.

Basketball isn't a one on one basketball tournament in the NBA the better player doesn't necessarily have the best attributes.

These numbers are wrong though.

Kobe stans overrating their god once again

I'd like to see that broken down by the amount of games played.

It's not even that. That meme is flat out false. :lol:

LeBron's ACTUAL numbers through last post-season at age 27:

Rebounds: 998
Assists: 772
Steals: 195
Blocks: 109

In 115 games.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jamesle01.html

Whoever did that literally stopped at age 24.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom