IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

So can any Kobe supporter answer these questions

Is Kobe Bryant a greater Laker than Magic?

Does Kobe Bryant make an All-Time All-NBA starting 5?

Is he a top 5 player of all time?

Last edited:

New to this ridiculous thread, but I can answer these...

Yes to greatest Laker of all time

No to starting 5, due to the greatest player to ever play Michael Jordan filling the 2 spot.

Yes to top 5 player of all time...

Jordan
KAJ
Russel
Wilt
Kobe

It's my top 5, flame suit activated...

[quote name="clyde the glide"]na u just hate kobe[/quote]False. My feelings have nothing to do w/ sports. I'm a huge Kidd fan. You would probably say I love him, and that is also false. [quote name="clyde the glide"] thats y the threads still alive.[/quote]So why is there a Kobe Appreciation thread?

Apology accepted.
*waits for "Appreciation thread is just so you can allow this one."* :lol:

You know I don't 'run' anything on this forum or this site, right? Team effort. I understand those 2 words might be a little foreign to a die-hard Kobe fan, but yeah, a thread on here because I want it? Yeahno.

Magic... not in top 5... but Kobe is?

"Is Kobe Bryant OVERRATED?"

Yes.

In order for Kobe to be the greatest Laker of all time, which he is, he has to be higher than Magic in the all time rankings. It is what it is. It's my opinion.

[quote name="lugaw87"]Kobe fans are most dumbest people on earth.
Kb is like gods on these foolz,get a life moronz[/quote]Yikes! :lol:

[quote name="mosk33toe"]In order for Kobe to be the greatest Laker of all time, which he is, he has to be higher than Magic in the all time rankings. It is what it is. It's my opinion.[/quote]Magic was in more Finals in less time, so there's that.

Individually, Magic was better at what he did then Kobe is at what he does. I'm sure you didn't even understand that sentence, but it's whatever. Judging Magic by his scoring ability compared to Kobe's is just as fair as judging Kobe on his triple double numbers compared to Magic.

You're right, it's your opinion. I can respect that, but I wholeheartedly and absolutely disagree with it.

Being the greatest Laker can also be the guy that will don the uni for EIGHTEEN years, SIXTEEN OF THOSE being top level.

Magic had 12.

This is the distinction people are losing. Magic can be the better player, but Kobe had the better career. Hence my 1A 1B distinction.

When you are Lebron and lead the Cavs in every career category, I'm not impressed. When you lead THE LAKERS in damn near everything, is that not highly freaking inpressive? Not a lot of Boobie Gibson's to wear purple and gold, ya know?

So to say GLOAT does not neccesarily mean that Kobe then becomes the better player than Magic, he just had the better career. Had Magic gotten his final 3-4 years, then yeah, much different argument, but he didn't, and Kobe is.

Understand the distinction.

Being the greatest Laker can also be the guy that will don the uni for EIGHTEEN years, SIXTEEN OF THOSE being top level.

Magic had 12.

This is the distinction people are losing. Magic can be the better player, but Kobe had the better career. Hence my 1A 1B distinction.

When you are Lebron and lead the Cavs in every career category, I'm not impressed. When you lead THE LAKERS in damn near everything, is that not highly freaking inpressive? Not a lot of Boobie Gibson's to wear purple and gold, ya know?

So to say GLOAT does not neccesarily mean that Kobe then becomes the better player than Magic, he just had the better career. Had Magic gotten his final 3-4 years, then yeah, much different argument, but he didn't, and Kobe is.

Understand the distinction.

I'll go along with this, that although in my opinion Kobe is the greatest Laker, Magic may have been a better player or more influential player overall. I wouldn't be mad if someone argued that, however I still feel that i'd put Kobe ahead of Magic. Magic's career is over and we know what it produced, Kobe still has a few years in him, and if he could win another championship, or even several I think it would solidify in the minds of most knowledgeable basketball fans that he is a top 5 player ever. We have a few years however to see how it pans out.

Regardless he's top 5 for me.

So

1x MVP
2x Finals MVP
10x All-NBA
2x Scoring Champion
9x All-Defensive (overrated)
Kobe Bryant

>

3x MVP
3x Finals MVP
9x All-NBA
4x Assist Leader
2x Steals Leader
Magic Johnson

?

Also,

>

2x MVP
3x Finals MVP
9x All-NBA
8x All-defensive
ROY
Tim Duncan

?

Last edited:

i cant comment on who is better between kobe and magic because i never saw magic play.

kobe does not make an all-time all-nba starting 5 because the 2 spot goes to jordan.

in my opinion he is top 10.

:lol:

That's why I have him on ignore.

Overrated defense says him, but who was the better defensive basketball player, Kobe, or Magic?

Kobe, EASILY was better at defense, regardless of how many All Defense teams he made. Be it 9, 5, or 1, he clearly played defense better than Magic ever did. Kobe was a lockdown defender for several years, Magic was NEVER that, leading the league in steals twice does not = "good Defense"

If people start coming in here and trying to claim that ****, it's gonna get real ******g ugly in here.

Overrated defense says him, but who was the better defensive basketball player, Kobe, or Magic?

Kobe, EASILY was better at defense, regardless of how many All Defense teams he made. Be it 9, 5, or 1, he clearly played defense better than Magic ever did. Kobe was a lockdown defender for several years, Magic was NEVER that, leading the league in steals twice does not = "good Defense"

If people start coming in here and trying to claim that ****, it's gonna get real ******g ugly in here.

His comparison with the "Overrated" stat was obviously troll bait, i'm not falling for it. I don't frequent this thread often, but if its filled with Kobe Haters what's the point, you aren't going to get a real answer or decent discussion in here.

Couple decent guys/opinions have come in here, Ska is a good one to chat with, some others have come thru that are good and know things, he is not one of them tho. :lol:

[quote name="quik1987"]So

1x MVP
2x Finals MVP
10x All-NBA
2x Scoring Champion
9x All-Defensive (overrated)
Kobe Bryant

>

3x MVP
3x Finals MVP
9x All-NBA
4x Assist Leader
2x Steals Leader
Magic Johnson

?

Also,

>

2x MVP
3x Finals MVP
9x All-NBA
8x All-defensive
ROY
Tim Duncan

?[/quote]I've already tried this. :lol:

1 in 17

Last edited:
Kobe IS Overrated. It's pretty simple :lol: Yeah he's a great ball player not taking that from him but the question isn't "Is Kobe one of the greats"

i cant comment on who is better between kobe and magic because i never saw magic play.
:rolleyes

kobe does not make an all-time all-nba starting 5 because the 2 spot goes to jordan.
So no.

in my opinion he is top 10.
So no.

I wasn't comparing Kobe's defense to Magic's defense genius.

All-Defensive is given to the best defensive player in that position in the league.
You really believe Kobe was the best defensive sg 9x?

Overrated is in reference to Kobe's status as a great defensive player.

Last edited:
Kobe IS Overrated. It's pretty simple :lol: Yeah he's a great ball player not taking that from him but the question isn't "Is Kobe one of the greats"

So being a top 10ish player all time = overrated?

Was he the og chosen one or something? Supposed to be thee best all time, or what the heck? :lol:

Where do you guys get this stuff from?

So being a top 10ish player all time = overrated?

Was he the og chosen one or something? Supposed to be thee best all time, or what the heck? :lol:

Where do you guys get this stuff from?

being a top 10 player and constantly being called a top 5 player = overrated

being a top 10 player and constantly being called a top 5 player = overrated

Basically. If the question OP asked was "Is Kobe Top 10 all-time" or something like that there would be way less disagreement in here. When you throw the word overrated in then the debate comes up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom