IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

[quote name="TheGoldenChild"]
yet all those player you just named also had good teammates. but i doubt they had to make up for the top three offensive players on the team all at once.
when nash is out, gasol is out, and howard is struggling from the line, who scores the points? metta? duhon? ebanks?[/quote]So Kobe just now started chucking? :lol:

Dude came into the league chucking; dude will exit the league chucking. Star teammates injured, star teammates healthy, scrubs in, scrubs out, good coach, bad coach, great coach... that man is going to shoot. :lol:

As the face of my beloved team, when we win championships with Kobe, who do my brethren credit?

KO-BE, KO-BE!

"Another one for the Kob. That dude went hard! People will miss him when he's gone! Another ring closer to MJ! Haters gonna hate."

But when we're down?

"Hell, SMUSH PARKER is starting. We're rebuilding. Pau is soft. Mike Brown sucks. Nash is injured."

*someone suggests the possibility of the demise lying on the shoulders of the franchise guy*

"You don't watch the games. It's not Kobe."

Praised during successes, but protected during failures... and you wonder how people can call him overrated. No one deserves that sort of luxury, but he has it.

So Kobe just now started chucking? :lol:
Dude came into the league chucking; dude will exit the league chucking. Star teammates injured, star teammates healthy, scrubs in, scrubs out, good coach, bad coach, great coach... that man is going to shoot. :lol:

So what's your point? Kobe is shooting a high percentage.. if he's shooting like that he should take all those shots

Don't understand the level of competition in the NBA?

Please.

You obviously don't understand how much the luck factor plays in the NBA. There was only one Shaq. Any all-star would have won 3+ rings if they had Shaq in his most beastly 8 years. What part of that don't you understand. Meanwhile, you have guys like Pierce, Iverson, Allen, Garnett, LeBron, CP3, etc., etc whose first 8 years were absolutely wasted with crappy teams. Those guys could easily have won 5+ rings with Shaq because they weren't spoiled brats who would of broke up a team.

The guy was gifted 3 rings because he won the Shaq lottery.

Then he was mad because Shaq got all the MVPs, so he only wanted to win the 4th ring under his terms... thus losing the 2004 Finals. His selfishness cost two legends that are easily better than him in Malone and Payton (cost him a ring at the time). Karl Malone deserves more rings than Kobe Bryant. He has zero, Kobe has 5. That is simply a product of luck.

Then he demanded that Shaq be traded.

So what did he have now? For 3 years, he was stuck with crappy teams that better players (like I named above) had for their first 8-12 years. He didn't do CRAP with these teams, but nobody mentions that. The excuse is always that he had no help. So? What did he do? He cried like a ***** and demanded a trade. Seriously, what is there to respect about this guy?

Poor Kobe, he "didn't have any help" for 3 measly years, meanwhile others went their first decade and beyond with no help. And those last 2-3 statements are just me going along with the theory that guys like Odom and Butler (who both averaged 15 ppg) were "no help."

Then in comes Gasol, who takes this team from being a .500 team to 3 straight Finals, along with the emergence of Bynum. Now Kobe has 3 unguardable 7-footers on his team... how many other players have had that luxury?

So now the Lakers get back to Finals and get scraped by Boston in what they called "the most lopsided 6 game series ever."

Then the next year, they win because of a Yao injury in the West combined with the Celtics' inability to fairly defend their title because of KG's injury.

Then comes 2010, when Perkins gets injured in game 6 and doesn't play game 7. The same game 7 in which Bean had one of the most embarrassing shooting games ever, but Artest and Gasol saved the day.

But who gets all the credit for 2009 & 2010? Kobe. Why?

Who gets all the blame in 2012? Gasol. Why?

The answer is simple: The guy is nothing more than an average shooter. However, if an average shooter takes an insane amount of shots (hurting his team in the meantime), they will score tons of points. But people are too dumb to realize that.

So back to your comment... my opinions have absolutely NOTHING to do with a lack of basketball knowledge. They simply have to do with the fact that I'm not another dumb human that is manipulated by the media.

What is so difficult to understand about "the guy that has a championship caliber team for 15 different seasons is going to end up with more rings then the guy who had a championship caliber team 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 different seasons."

And this is without me bringing up the fact that he was lucky to land on the team that would get considerable advantage in the playoffs due to faulty officiating. Sacramento series, Minnesota series, D-Fish fouling Brent Barry in game 4, no call.

So once again... what is there to respect about this guy? I respect guys that put up with whatever situation they were in (Reggie, CP3, LeBron) way more than spoiled brats that were given everything to them to begin with, only to cry when those things were temporarily revoked.

This dude just shut it the HELL down! Pretty much BEEN saying this but these kobe fans get "mad" when you say he was fortunate as if that's not a FACT!

The funniest thing to me is you can tell these dudes are like spoiled brats because Kobe had 2 years where he played with "LESS" talent(even though OTHER stars in kobe's era NEVER got to play with a Caron Butler or Lamar Odom type talent) but they act like Kobe has had it BAD his whole career! As if his other 13 or so years weren't straight up STACKED teams!:lol:

Stacked, for 13 years?

01-02-03 was "stacked"? Shaq, Kobe, and 10 role players now equals "stacked"?

08, Kobe, Pau, Odom, 9 other guys......stacked?

09 same 3, plus Ariza and injured Drew, stacked?

So now we're just gonna flat out make **** up and its accepted?

^What do you call STACKED?

During the 3peat, Shaq and Kobe alone was more talent than most other teams had.

When Gasol got sent to LA, They became the most talented team in the NBA for a handful of seasons. Kobe was playing with his own all star team fer the next 4 seasons. Three 7 foot all stars :x

Now hes playing with by far the best center Dwight, Pau, and Nash.

Name another player the past decade that consistenly played with this much talent.

Yes, STACKED

Saying they were stacked (which they were) does go against the idea of Kobe being overrated, though. I mean he was kind of a large part in the 'stacking'

Last edited:
Stacked, for 13 years?
01-02-03 was "stacked"? Shaq, Kobe, and 10 role players now equals "stacked"?
08, Kobe, Pau, Odom, 9 other guys......stacked?
09 same 3, plus Ariza and injured Drew, stacked?
So now we're just gonna flat out make **** up and its accepted?

Wow really? So you just gonna downplay the greatest role players maybe in NBA History as if they're nothing? Again, the spoiled brat mentality. Sorry, forgot you Kobe fans are used to having 4 all stars on NUMEROUS different occasions so when you just have REALLY solid role players, that's just "beneath" you guys huh?

Why don't you compare those teams with players that were compared to Kobe and see who had the most "stacked" team.

Horry.jpg

Saying they were stacked (which they were) does go against the idea of Kobe being overrated, though. I mean he was kind of a large part in the 'stacking'

Of course Kobe was a large part of them being stacked. That's not the issue.

The issue is besides Kobe, he's ALWAYS had at LEAST two other VERY talented players where as when you look around the league at THAT time, you'd be LUCKY to have TWO superstars + 1 star, which Kobe seemed to ALWAYS have. GO compare with the other players he was compared to at that time and let me know how stacked those teams were in comparison with Kobe. It wasn't even a contest.

Of course Kobe fans would love to have you think he's been playing with Smush Parker, Luke Walton and Kwame Brown for the majority of his career.:lol:

As the face of my beloved team, when we win championships with Kobe, who do my brethren credit?

KO-BE, KO-BE!

"Another one for the Kob. That dude went hard! People will miss him when he's gone! Another ring closer to MJ! Haters gonna hate."

But when we're down?

"Hell, SMUSH PARKER is starting. We're rebuilding. Pau is soft. Mike Brown sucks. Nash is injured."

*someone suggests the possibility of the demise lying on the shoulders of the franchise guy*

"You don't watch the games. It's not Kobe."

Praised during successes, but protected during failures... and you wonder how people can call him overrated. No one deserves that sort of luxury, but he has it.

Funny how the snitch has yet to reply to this.

great post ska.

Other than the Shaq factor I think the luxury of Phil gives you a better leg to stand on than Kobe's teammates - if trying to devalue his career.

So.....MJ + Scottie, and 10 solid role guys = "Stacked"? :lol:

Blazers had Pip, Sheed, Damon, Detlef, Grant, Sabonis, Augmon and whoever else I forgot. 100 mil payroll, we had Shaq, Kobe and our role guys.

Kings, Webb, Bibby, Peja, Doug, Divac, Bobby, Hedo, Gerald Wallace, and we used all our role guys plus 2 elite stars, and we were the stacked team? :lol:

So, 2 elite players, plus role guys.....Utah Jazz? Stock/Malone, stacked?
Kemp/Payton?

You all tellin me that Ron Harper, Fish, Fox, Horry, George, Samaki was stackin the deck after 2 players? :rofl:

I'll give you 2000 with Rice, and 2010 with Artest. 3-4 guys, I can dig that, but suddenly you all elevatin former players to make a case on Kobe. Interesting.

Other than the Shaq factor I think the luxury of Phil gives you a better leg to stand on than Kobe's teammates - if trying to devalue his career.

I disagree. Phil was definitely a huge part no question but Kobe's ALWAYS had very talented teammates.

I pointed out before, he's the ONLY player in 3 different eras that has had a DIFFERENT BIG 4 dating back to the Van Exel, Eddie Jones era. Then these dudes want to act like Glen Rice wasn't a good player or D Fish and Horry aren't probably THE BEST role players in NBA history.

The fact that he's acting like Gasol, Odom and Bynum aren't "stacked" shows you how spoiled they are.

Of course Kobe was a large part of them being stacked. That's not the issue.

The issue is besides Kobe, he's ALWAYS had at LEAST two other VERY talented players where as when you look around the league at THAT time, you'd be LUCKY to have TWO superstars + 1 star, which Kobe seemed to ALWAYS have. GO compare with the other players he was compared to at that time and let me know how stacked those teams were in comparison with Kobe. It wasn't even a contest.

Of course Kobe fans would love to have you think he's been playing with Smush Parker, Luke Walton and Kwame Brown for the majority of his career.:lol:

Show me said star in years 01, 02, 03, 05, 06, 07, 08 that was healthy and viable. Don't say Drew, or any of that mess. Legit stars. Name them. Put their name next to star.

Back
Top Bottom