IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

Here its not even about the numbers, though 4 assists more a game is nothing scoff at like you did. It's about the quality of that passing and it's effect on the game and teams. There is no contest in this department. The margin between Kidd and Kobe's passing abilities were equal to the gulf between Kobe and Kidd's scoring ability.

Says who? You? **** that. Kobe has been a skilled passer forever, just never does it. Spare me with your lame "but Kidd's passes are sooooo special, they mean so much", blah blah

Wow.

Just, wow.

330dbgj.jpg

:lol: :smh:

" A wise man told me don't argue with fools, cause people from a distance can't tell who is who. "

Last edited:
There's nothing to argue about when it comes to Melo vs Durant...All i said was Melo is a better pure scorer than Durant. But overall Durant is a better player.
Just like how Lebron is sooo much better than Durant, even thou Durant is a better scorer than Lebron.
I mean don't you think someone like Melo should avg more than 2apg?
Melo is playing alot of 4, shouldnt he grab more boards?Kobe at the 2 is avg 1 less rpg than Melo.

he's playing against stretch 4's in the east. and the knicks are one of the worst rebounding teams in the league. he's doing fine

Another dude who didn't watch the games and only looking at the stat sheet.
The Mavs shot 63% from three that series. 63%. Pretty hard to win when you gave up that many 3s. All of sudden it's Kobe fault the Mavs shot 63%?
It was also documented that Kobe was playing on one knee and one ankle in that series. When Kobe was healthy the Mavs can't stop him

y u gotta talk outta your *** and not do some research. dallas only shot 63% in the last game and its the game where kobe got lit up by jason terry and peja where he matched up with both of them. come one and i like how lakers fan would bring up hypothetical scenarios giving props to kobe but when people bring up hypothetical scenarios like how if paul pierce or vince or tmac played with prime shaq will win multiple champ becomes invalid. Just admit tat kobe got owned and didnt step up and instead blaming some other irrelevant factors

No.
On #1: people are measured by accomplishments only
And #2: if you challenge someone's status, it's because you hate them.
The end.
laugh.gif
I agree with Ska. You only challenge someone's status if you have something against them.

Jason Kidd is not better than Kobe Bryant. Even Kidd himself would tell you that he's not better.

" A wise man told me don't argue with fools, cause people from a distance can't tell who is who. "

You the OP right?

So, you're the one that posted an article from BleacherReport written by a guy sayin Kobe Bryant was overrated.

Couple pages later, another posted an article written BY THE EXACT SAME GUY, calling Kobe Bryant one of the greatest of all time.

Indeed

Los Angeles Lakers: Why Kobe Bryant Is the Most Overrated Player in the NBA

BY PETER EMERICK (FEATURED COLUMNIST) ON FEBRUARY 9, 2012

Legends of the NBA: 25 Best Players of the 2000s

BY PETER EMERICK (FEATURED COLUMNIST) ON OCTOBER 1, 2012

1. Kobe Bryant, SG, L.A. Lakers

Kobe was without a doubt the best player of the 2000s, and he could very well be the greatest player in the history of the game.

OP, your thoughts? :nerd:

OP, your thoughts? :nerd:

:lol: goldenchild9 is full of ****. hes not unbiased because he spends half his time on this board hating on kobe and lakers/kobe fans

he knew what he was doing creating this post.

it was a sly way of making an anti kobe thread. I think people would have respected you more if you just flat out titled the thread the anti kobe thread or i hate kobe thread. or you could have just dug up the lakers hater thread...

Let me expose this dude and his jealousy of Kobe.
Originally Posted by Member 2323

Kobe Bryant when he broke up a championship team due to his own selfishness. Not that I liked him before that, but I've hated him ever since. He is the definition of a spoiled brat. I wish injury on that clown. He doesn't deserve to play basketball because he is a disgrace to the sport. Countless players (Garnett, Allen, Pierce, LeBron, Iverson, Vince Carter, etc., etc.) have the first 8-12 years of their career wasted because they don't have contending teams. This selfish piece of crap had everything given to him, and still complained like a girl and broke up the team. I hope both of his ACLs get torn during the preseason.

From http://niketalk.com/t/505152/can-yo...when-you-began-to-dislike-a-certain-celebrity

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

my man was looking like this when he typed that up

View media item 167389

Last edited:
OP, your thoughts?
nerd.gif
He wouldnt have any answers. Just like Long Stroke lol

Long Stroke has the nerve to call other people's argument a genetic fallacy but he was the smart guy who post article from Bleacher Report dot com 

Only 5 rings.....dude said only 5. 

That how I know you don't understand or respect the level of play in the NBA. 
Don't understand the level of competition in the NBA?

Please.

You obviously don't understand how much the luck factor plays in the NBA. There was only one Shaq. Any all-star would have won 3+ rings if they had Shaq in his most beastly 8 years. What part of that don't you understand. Meanwhile, you have guys like Pierce, Iverson, Allen, Garnett, LeBron, CP3, etc., etc whose first 8 years were absolutely wasted with crappy teams. Those guys could easily have won 5+ rings with Shaq because they weren't spoiled brats who would of broke up a team.

The guy was gifted 3 rings because he won the Shaq lottery.

Then he was mad because Shaq got all the MVPs, so he only wanted to win the 4th ring under his terms... thus losing the 2004 Finals. His selfishness cost two legends that are easily better than him in Malone and Payton (cost him a ring at the time). Karl Malone deserves more rings than Kobe Bryant. He has zero, Kobe has 5. That is simply a product of luck.

Then he demanded that Shaq be traded.

So what did he have now? For 3 years, he was stuck with crappy teams that better players (like I named above) had for their first 8-12 years. He didn't do CRAP with these teams, but nobody mentions that. The excuse is always that he had no help. So? What did he do? He cried like a ***** and demanded a trade. Seriously, what is there to respect about this guy?

Poor Kobe, he "didn't have any help" for 3 measly years, meanwhile others went their first decade and beyond with no help. And those last 2-3 statements are just me going along with the theory that guys like Odom and Butler (who both averaged 15 ppg) were "no help."

Then in comes Gasol, who takes this team from being a .500 team to 3 straight Finals, along with the emergence of Bynum. Now Kobe has 3 unguardable 7-footers on his team... how many other players have had that luxury?

So now the Lakers get back to Finals and get scraped by Boston in what they called "the most lopsided 6 game series ever."

Then the next year, they win because of a Yao injury in the West combined with the Celtics' inability to fairly defend their title because of KG's injury.

Then comes 2010, when Perkins gets injured in game 6 and doesn't play game 7. The same game 7 in which Bean had one of the most embarrassing shooting games ever, but Artest and Gasol saved the day.

But who gets all the credit for 2009 & 2010? Kobe. Why?

Who gets all the blame in 2012? Gasol. Why?

The answer is simple: The guy is nothing more than an average shooter. However, if an average shooter takes an insane amount of shots (hurting his team in the meantime), they will score tons of points. But people are too dumb to realize that.

So back to your comment... my opinions have absolutely NOTHING to do with a lack of basketball knowledge. They simply have to do with the fact that I'm not another dumb human that is manipulated by the media.

What is so difficult to understand about "the guy that has a championship caliber team for 15 different seasons is going to end up with more rings then the guy who had a championship caliber team 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 different seasons."

And this is without me bringing up the fact that he was lucky to land on the team that would get considerable advantage in the playoffs due to faulty officiating. Sacramento series, Minnesota series, D-Fish fouling Brent Barry in game 4, no call.

So once again... what is there to respect about this guy? I respect guys that put up with whatever situation they were in (Reggie, CP3, LeBron) way more than spoiled brats that were given everything to them to begin with, only to cry when those things were temporarily revoked.
Kobe is that dude, but as a fan of Kobe, sometimes the truth hurts. I can DEFINITELY see why people dislike Kobe.

Very solid reply. I share very similar thoughts as well. The only difference is that I respect him. He played with what he had and won. There are no ifs, ands or buts about that.
member with that ETHER

repped x 10000000000000.

im no kobe d rider, either.......... once hes out the L, it's happy days again. never have to see him again/think about him again.

he'll never be a world phenom/likable dude like MJ therefore, for that reason alone, he's never sniffin the throne.  now add in mjs player efficiency/defensive skillset.....did kome ever get DPOY?  doubt it......

so, overrated? yes, there are plenty of people (team players with a great skillset) id take before ratty.

does kobe's team being 1-9 when he scores over 30 say anything about his style of play?

when durant, lebron, and carmelo score over 30, their team seems to win.

serious question

If Kobe doesn't score 30.... 80% of those games are blow outs.. Every knows it.. And those who are not willing to admit it, is just not watching the entire game, and trying to Tim Kurkjian their way into proving something outlandish

Last edited:
what about the best center in the league?

How many did he shoot?

only 9 attempts??????? in 41 mins?????

Not kobe's fault tho right?

Last edited:

so it's all kobe's fault.. cause he needs to avg 20 assists instead of 30 points

If he got others more involved instead of taking fadeaways over triple teams, it would help.

With Nash out (and most likely with him in) the Lakers have to run their offense through Dwight Howard. Time for Kobe to be Robin again.

what about the best center in the league?

How many did he shoot?

only 9 attempts??????? in 41 mins?????

Not kobe's fault tho right?

Magic Johnson says Lakers should play inside game

Johnson said the Lakers have two of the best 7-footers in the NBA in Pau Gasol and Dwight Howard, and the offense should revolve around Gasol, who missed his fifth straight game Tuesday night with tendinitis in his knees. Point guard Steve Nash has missed 20 games with a broken left leg he sustained on Oct. 31.
Johnson called Gasol "the best passing big man in the NBA."
"His game is catch it on the low block and face his man," the former Lakers star said. "The first question should've been, `Where do you like it because that's where I'm going to give it to you."'

He had 22 FT attempts.... You trying to say that someone who gets 9 FGA and 22 FT attempts didn't get touches :lol:

He had 22 FT attempts.... You trying to say that someone who gets 9 FGA and 22 FT attempts didn't get touches :lol:

:stoneface:

They hacked him a bunch of times out of scoring position just to put him on the line.

Stop fronting like he was being fed the ball.

Last edited:

Besides if kobe makes more than 50% if his shots he's taking the right shots. You can expect him to pass up shots like that. If he'd miss them it would be a different story

member with that ETHER

repped x 10000000000000.

im no kobe d rider, either.......... once hes out the L, it's happy days again. never have to see him again/think about him again.

he'll never be a world phenom/likable dude like MJ therefore, for that reason alone, he's never sniffin the throne.  now add in mjs player efficiency/defensive skillset.....did kome ever get DPOY?  doubt it......

so, overrated? yes, there are plenty of people (team players with a great skillset) id take before ratty.

DUMBEST THING I"VE HEARD ALL DAY

A lot of misfortune poor folk in here. Jealousy and envy.

Last edited:
Why doesn't Kobe seem to be able to get his teammates to play in a more cohesive fashion, spreading the ball around, moving without the ball, communicating, then looking like a tight, finely tuned unit?

Why does it seem that without Phil Jackson as coach, and without Fisher on the team, that the Lakers seem to be a ship without a rudder?

Anybody know?

I mean, they do have an all time, potential  top five player on that team, right?

Shouldn't people be enthused to play with, and then for this guy?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom