IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

The continuous exposure of bad character,
“No, I don’t feel that way,” Bryant said. “And I don’t think Kevin does either. At moments of confrontation during a game you’ll say things in the heat of the moment. I know Dwight. I’m sure Kevin does. We don’t feel that way about him.

“You get in an argument with somebody, you’ll say things out of frustration, out of anger that you really don’t mean. It’s a heat of the battle, heat of the moment.

“You (media) guys have all been in arguments, guys that are married. Sometimes you say things that you want to take back, that you don’t really mean. But it’s in the heat of  confrontation, and sometimes things come out."

Last edited:
Kobe is a great player in his own right. Great shots, clutch shots and along with great games where he put up a good amount of points. Hes got 5 ships, 3 which were along Shaq and two where he was the leader. But what about the negatives. Giving up against Phoenix in the playoffs and against the Celts when we were down by 40 (yes I am a laker fan) in the finals. Dude's mad ego. Not really a leader. Where could you realistically put him in?? Top 5 ? Top 10?

Here are my Top 10 players of all time:

MJ
Magic
Wilt
Bird
West
Kareem
The Dream
SHAQFU
DUNCAN
KOBE

Last edited:
Kobe is a great player in his own right. Great shots, clutch shots and along with great games where he put up a good amount of points. Hes got 5 ships, 3 which were along Shaq and two where he was the leader. But what about the negatives. Giving up against Phoenix in the playoffs and against the Celts when we were down by 40 (yes I am a laker fan) in the finals. Dude's mad ego. Not really a leader. Where could you realistically put him in?? Top 5 ? Top 10?

Here are my Top 10 players of all time:

MJ
Magic
Wilt
Bird
West
Kareem
The Dream
KOBE
Barkley
Duncan
NO SHAQ? lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

For me KOBE SUCKS...  

All Kobe wants right now is to pass Michael Jordan on the all-time scoring list..

You know he could have done that averaging like 11ppg this season.

What he wants to show is he's still at a high level and will leave on his own terms. He's not 07 Kobe or even 2012 Kobe who was still an elite franchise player. But considering he's in Year 19 off 2 injuries that could end a career, he's still playing at a high level.

Kobe this season reminds me of Dominique Wilkins back in the day. DW was a bigger ball hog than MJ.
Dominique may be a more ball hog than MJ.. But he helps his team WIN! 

But KOBE???  DOES HE HELP HIS TEAM WIN?? DOES HE MAKE HIS TEAMMATES BETTER????

Kobe really sucks..  HE IS A COPYCAT-WANNABE MJ!!!!

You know he could have done that averaging like 11ppg this season.

What he wants to show is he's still at a high level and will leave on his own terms. He's not 07 Kobe or even 2012 Kobe who was still an elite franchise player. But considering he's in Year 19 off 2 injuries that could end a career, he's still playing at a high level.
Yeah Kobe still plays at a high level..  BUT HE STILL SUCKS and the LAKERS...  LOL

No Kobe's not overatted every player falls off in someway, shape, or form at a certain age. With that being said he can no longer lead a team to victories, but he is still currently leading the league in scoring...that's saying something, he's in what his 19th yr? Still competing and more durable then say a Derek rose.

Last edited:
Whoever thinks Kobe Bryant is playing at a high level needs to visit the doctor.

He's been hindering the Lakers for a dozen years now.

:rolleyes

Let me know when you find another 36+ year old to play like him

it would be a high level if he was shooting over 40% but... he is averaging 26+ so

eyes.gif

it would be a high level if he was shooting over 40% but... he is averaging 26+ so
Play like what? He's probably the first player in NBA history who's on pace to match his shooting % with his age.

Secondly, he would be "playing at a high level" if he was shooting over 40%" ? Stop. 41% is hot garbage.

How does anyone seriously think this guy is playing good? He's embarrassing his teammates, coach, the Lakers Franchise, the NBA and the game to basketball EVERY time he steps on the floor.

He's leading the league in scoring, yet he's nowhere to be found on the PER list because the list ends at #50.

HOW CAN YOU LEAD THE LEAGUE IN SCORING AND STILL NOT BE TOP-50 IN PER?

Kobe Bryant is shooting 38% from the field.

The rest of the Lakers are combining to shoot 46%.

Is that difficult to compute?

If a player on the Lakers shoots a shot, the likelihood of the field making a shot is ridiculously higher compared to Kobe making a shot.

There's no grey area, this is black and white. Dude is a joke.

Here's a list of the teams with the worst shooting % in the league in recent years:

This season:

2014: 43.2%, Bulls

2013: 42.5%, Bobcats

2012: 41.4%, Bobcats

2011: 43.0%, Bucks

2010: 42.9%, Nets

2009: 44.1%, Clippers & T-Wolves

2008: 43.5%, Bulls

I can keep going back, but I won't.

This list shows that even if you have the worst talent/roster in the league, your team will still shoot 42-43% just by playing team basketball.

But this clown continues to chuck away stupid shots because a) he knows that the idiotic, casual basketball viewers won't blame him for the Lakers' pathetic season, and b) he has never cared about ANYTHING other than his point total.

How does a person who is drastically worse at making shots than the rest of the roster (combined) continue to shoot about 30% of the team's shots.

Again and again, if Iverson went to the Lakers in 1996 and Kobe went to Philly, Kobe would have been black-balled from the league YEARS ago.

*waits for people to come in and say that the Lakers' problems are on defense, not offense*

Last edited:
Kobe's 56th in PER.

For example after 56 and before 100 in PER

The list includes:
Blake Griffin
Robin Lopez
Deron WIlliams
Bradley Beal
Ty Lawson
Luol Deng
Taj Gibson
DeMar DeRozan
Brook Lopez
DeAndre Jordan
Eric Bledsoe
Rajon Rondo
Tony Parker
Kawhi Leonard
Reggie Jackson
Andrew Bogut

There's another stat called Value Added.... "the estimated number of points a player adds to a team’s season total above what a 'replacement player' (for instance, the 12th man on the roster) would produce. Kobe is 23rd in the league.

Ahead of Klay Thompson, Blake Griffin, Tim Duncan, Mike Conley, Demar DeRozan, Dwyane Wade, Dwight Howard

Value added almost exactly correlates to estimated wins added (estimated number of wins a player adds to a team’s season total above what a 'replacement player' would produce.) where Kobe is T-22nd in the league with John Wall

Last edited:

Play like what? He's probably the first player in NBA history who's on pace to match his shooting % with his age.

Secondly, he would be "playing at a high level" if he was shooting over 40%" ? Stop. 41% is hot garbage.

How does anyone seriously think this guy is playing good? He's embarrassing his teammates, coach, the Lakers Franchise, the NBA and the game to basketball EVERY time he steps on the floor.

He's leading the league in scoring, yet he's nowhere to be found on the PER list because the list ends at #50.

HOW CAN YOU LEAD THE LEAGUE IN SCORING AND STILL NOT BE TOP-50 IN PER?

Kobe Bryant is shooting 38% from the field.

The rest of the Lakers are combining to shoot 46%.

Is that difficult to computer?

If a player on the Lakers shoots a shot, the likelihood of the field making a shot is ridiculously higher compared to Kobe making a shot.

There's no grey area, this is black and white. Dude is a joke.

Here's a list of the teams with the worst shooting % in the league in recent years:

This season:

2014: 43.2%, Bulls

2013: 42.5%, Bobcats

2012: 41.4%, Bobcats

2011: 43.0%, Bucks

2010: 42.9%, Nets

2009: 44.1%, Clippers & T-Wolves

2008: 43.5%, Bulls

I can keep going back, but I won't.

This list shows that even if you have the worst talent/roster in the league, your team will still shoot 42-43% just by playing team basketball.

But this clown continues to chuck away stupid shots because a) he knows that the idiotic, casual basketball viewers won't blame him for the Lakers' pathetic season, and b) he has never cared about ANYTHING other than his point total.

How does a person who is drastically worse at making shots than the rest of the roster (combined) continue to shoot about 30% of the team's shots.

Again and again, if Iverson went to the Lakers in 1996 and Kobe went to Philly, Kobe would have been black-balled from the league YEARS ago.

*waits for people to come in and say that the Lakers' problems are on defense, not offense*
VERY WELL SAID BRO!!!!!

Using the rest of the team's shooting percentage as a way to discredit Kobe is idiotic.  Cant believe people are buying into that stat.  Just dumb.

KOBE IS A CLOWN....  

TO END THIS CONVERSATION...... ALL I CAN SAY IS

CONGRATS KOBE BRYANT FOR REACHING A MILESTONE IN YOUR CAREER....

Kobe Bryant sets the NBA record for MOST FIELD-GOAL MISSES

eyes.gif

Steve Nash, Tim Duncan, Ray Allen, Reggie Miller.

These guys easily had better seasons at age 36 compared to Kobe Bean Bryant, but it's hard to explain that to people who have tunnel vision that leads to only ONE statistic (points per game).

I'm sure there's more but I don't feel like looking up everyone's stats.

Back
Top Bottom