IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

Ppl just don't like Kobe simple as that so they discredit him.

if Kobe was in him prime and Lakers had money someone would of came...nobody would of had a problem being a 2nd option to kb in his prime

the problem is Kobe is washed and doesn't think he is so his ego couldn't handle him being number 2 to someone else.

Last edited:
Crazy how Jordan is on that missed fg list as well yet it's rarely mentioned. How is it a problem for Kobe yet not Jordan or Iverson?

Crazy how Jordan is on that missed fg list as well yet it's rarely mentioned. How is it a problem for Kobe yet not Jordan or Iverson?

I assume EVERY player is on that list :lol:

Thing is Kobe is #1 but he's not the #1 scorer.

That says something about his efficiency in comparison to others.

Y'all gotta chill with the stanning, it's scrambling your commons sense.

Last edited:
Ppl just don't like (the way) Kobe (plays) simple as that so they discredit him.

if Kobe was in him prime and Lakers had money someone would of came...nobody would of had a problem being a 2nd option to kb in his prime

the problem is Kobe is washed and doesn't think he is so his ego couldn't handle him being number 2 to someone else.
Fixed that first sentence.

And when Kobe WAS in his prime, 81 points in a game and like 9 straight 40+ games or whatever... look at all the talent we brought in.

Go look.

Other greats had more balanced all around games than him.

27/5.5/5 and great defense for most of his 15 year window, isn't all around? What are you doing right now? :lol:

I assume EVERY player is on that list
laugh.gif

Thing is Kobe is #1 but he's not the #1 scorer.

Y'all gotta chill with the stanning, it's scrambling your commons sense.
my commons sense huh?

MJ .497%
Kobe .453%

Something like 1-2 more misses per game, Kobe than Jordan.

Really dampens his career I guess......

winning 5 championships while being a bad teammate that no one likes or wants to play with is pretty impressive 
No it isn't, because nobody went to play with that guy who supposedly won five this past off season.

The one guy who tried to stick it out, is now in Chitown.
i heard kevin durant is a bad teammate, since no one went to OKC.

same with anthony davis. no one wants to ride his coattails to a championship either.

all of them, terrible teammates.
You are lying when you say you heard that.

If you're not lying, then who did you hear it from?

"I heard..." is different than "I conclude..."

People aren't saying Kobe's a bad teammate JUST because so few top players have signed with us over the years; they're saying it because of that fact, AND the people who haven't joined us, AND the criticisms of teammates who have left.

3 things, not just 1.

And coaches.

So 4.

you-got-me.gif

Ppl just don't like (the way) Kobe (plays) simple as that so they discredit him.

Fixed that first sentence.

And when Kobe WAS in his prime, 81 points in a game and like 9 straight 40+ games or whatever... look at all the talent we brought in.

Go look.
But like realistically as a lakers fan, who would you have liked to sign with us while Kobe was in his prime that we didn't sign?

^^tell me what big free agents the Lakers tried to acquire that turned us down or were even an option?
i don't remember any...
i thought it was management having bad contracts and ownership being tight not wanting to go over the cap?...

Other greats had more balanced all around games than him.

27/5.5/5 and great defense for most of his 15 year window, isn't all around? What are you doing right now? :lol:

WHO SAID THIS?!

Stop twisting words and making stupid inferences man.

How many times do I have to say he's a great player but others are greater? No one is saying he is trash, we are talking about the best of the best here.

But I'll take Hakeem's 22/11/3/3/2 any day over Kobe's numbers

MJ .497%
Kobe .453%

Something like 1-2 more misses per game, Kobe than Jordan.

Really dampens his career I guess......

When you're taking shots at the clip of MJ and Kobe, 5% FG%age difference is huge. You made the same case with Iverson vs Kobe...so don't try to flip it now.

He reached the most missed shots record in 19 fewer games than Havlicek (8X Champ, 13X All-Star, 21/6/5 in his own right).

We've established he's great...STOP DANCING AROUND HIS FLAWS.

Last edited:
Kobes flaw is hes selfish..
simple as that.

hes my fav player ever but dude has always been a chucker and bad shot taker

Can't blame him... Hell even playing just pickup ball I never see a shot I don't like...

MJ 12 seasons of 22+ FGA in 15 years.

Kobe 6 seasons of 22+ FGA in 19 seasons.

Iverson 9 seasons of 22+ FGA in 15 seasons.

Hate to say it, I‘d take a big man over a guard/wing dude any day. Shaq, Hakeem, before Kobe. That is the truth. Most people who actually watch basketball would agree.

The meaningless numerical comparisons up there with out looking at context and relativity shows how pathetic these discussions turn out to be.

Kobe is not over-rated. Saying he is over rated just goes to show you how little knowledge peeps have of basketball.

winning 5 championships while being a bad teammate that no one likes or wants to play with is pretty impressive 
No it isn't, because nobody went to play with that guy who supposedly won five this past off season.

The one guy who tried to stick it out, is now in Chitown.
i heard kevin durant is a bad teammate, since no one went to OKC.

same with anthony davis. no one wants to ride his coattails to a championship either.

all of them, terrible teammates.
You are lying when you say you heard that.

If you're not lying, then who did you hear it from?

"I heard..." is different than "I conclude..."

People aren't saying Kobe's a bad teammate JUST because so few top players have signed with us over the years; they're saying it because of that fact, AND the people who haven't joined us, AND the criticisms of teammates who have left.

3 things, not just 1.

And coaches.

So 4.
you-got-me.gif
laugh.gif

MJ 12 seasons of 22+ FGA in 15 years.

Kobe 6 seasons of 22+ FGA in 19 seasons.

Iverson 9 seasons of 22+ FGA in 15 seasons.

What exactly does this useless quasi-stat prove?

Iverson and Jordan were the first options on their team and Kobe has more misses than the both of them. :lol:

Actually, .497, but yeah, 50.

Dancing? You're the one that said, I quoted YOUR post, who the **** is dancing?

Ok? You choose Hakeem, k? You aren't making a point really. You have Hakeem higher, you say he's got a better all around game, but have Kobe at 12. That's fine. You have Hakeem inside 12, so?

He's also played 4 more seasons than them. Just a stat to show they were all chuckers, just varying degrees of efficiency. So do you truly hate the chucker mentality or the fact that not everyone is in this mode of caring about their FG%?

As CP said the difference between Kobe and Jordan's efficiency is 1 or 2 missed shots a game. More specifically the 4 3pt attempts per game to MJ's 1.7. Kobe takes much more difficult shots which is one of his major issues and has been for his career, but sheer volume, not that big of a deal to me.

Last edited:
Actually, .497, but yeah, 50.

Dancing? You're the one that said, I quoted YOUR post, who the **** is dancing?

Ok? You choose Hakeem, k? You aren't making a point really. You have Hakeem higher, you say he's got a better all around game, but have Kobe at 12. That's fine. You have Hakeem inside 12, so?

I never said that Kobe doesn't have an "all around" game as you stated.

I said that other had a more balanced game than him, that others were more versatile and greater players.

The point is that many people have Kobe as a top 5/7 player all time and they refuse to acknowledge his flaws (like you) and for that reason he is overrated in the rankings of basketball greats.

It's a simple concept, one that is debated endlessly in sports circles.

Your bias just won't let you intelligently engage in a simple discussion.

Back
Top Bottom