20/11/3/2/2.5
50% FG

5X Champ
3X Finals MVP
2X Season MVP
14X All-Star
10X All-NBA 1st Team
8X All-Defensive 1st Team

Top 3 career undisputed? You're smoking rocks.

This is why Kobe is overrated. Cats are caught up in the cult of Kobe.

Come on man, Kobe's career to date is better than that. If we look up what Kobe's done, it's better flat out. That's what undisputed means. Were going off facts. No room for error.

5 time NBA champ.
16x all star
11x all nba first team
9x all defensive first team
career 26 ppg avg
Kobe's 18th year in the league >

so what are you trying to say?

Quick, show me 5 guys right now who combines the longevity, individual success, and team success as Kobe. I dare you. Go.
But you just said 3 
grin.gif
 but

1000 games at least

Jordan, Shaq, Russell, Wilt, Kareem, Duncan, Shaq, Lebron, Bird, Magic, Hakeem,

But you just said 3 >D  but
1000 games at least
Jordan, Shaq, Russell, Wilt, Kareem, Duncan, Shaq, Lebron, Bird, Magic, Hakeem,

Welp this is easy. For one you put shaq twice.

Shaq, Russell, Wilt, Duncan, Lebron, Bird, Magic, and Hakeem,

all fall short of Kobe's career when you factor in team success, individual success, and longevity. This is isn't about your own narrative, this is about facts. What Kobe's accomplished when you factor those things in, supersede what those guys have done. All facts.

I don't know, for me he isn't in my top 3, not sure if he is in my top 5. Definitely top ten though

After Wednesday’s 8-for-28 performance, Kobe’s 2014-15 field goal percentage stands at .388. It’s among the 25 worst in the league for players who’ve started at least five games.

When you combine the most attempts per game with one of the lowest percentages, the end result is going to be a whole lot of missed shots.

Kobe missed his 15 shots per game while playing 41 minutes a night back in 2005-06. In that season he missed once every two minutes, 44.5 seconds. This year Bryant is missing 15 shots in just 35 minutes per game on average–once every two minutes, 20 seconds.

The league’s new all-time leader for missed field goals appears headed towards his most prolific season yet in that category.

Why are you posting stuff from year 19? Honest question. Seriously, why?

Do you use MJ's Wizards years to define his career?

Because Jordan was physically DONE on the Wizards, he was 38-40 years old after smoking cigars and drinking whiskey for 4 years.

Kobe is putting up some of the best numbers of his career right now, he's only lost a bit of explosiveness but he still has enough physicality to be elite for another 3 years or so.

The problem isn't his body, it's the bonehead mentality that he's had since he first came into the league. That mentality has only been put on temporarily hold under the immense wills of Shaq and Phil. But he's couldn't take those restraints for too long and had to shake them off.

His game now is the same as it's always been. He's just not as explosive.

“It gets to a point where you can’t make excuses,” Bryant said after the loss. “You can’t look at everybody else and point the finger. You have to look at yourself first."

Y'all Kobe stans need to follow suit.

Last edited:
Kobe is putting up some of the best numbers of his career right now, he's only lost a but of explosiveness but he still has enough physicality to be elite for another 3 years or so.

Look at yourself.

Dude, he's in his 19th season, coming off an achilles and a broken kneecap, and you are trying to spin me he can play til he's 39, years 20-21-22 IN THE NBA.

Be real man.

All star game is just pickup ball man. To use that in your argument is idiotic.

No. What would be idiotic would be to say Kobe isn't going to make the all star team in 2014, which you did. Dude posted TD's all star games so I posted Kobe's. Simple.

View media item 1266015

Spreadsheet I keep. Basically the top of the top. I don't have things like All Star, or seasons, but it's about as defined as you can get without adding a billion more numbers.

This is the company he keeps. Not sure how one of them is overrated, but the rest are just fine. :lol:

Come on man, Kobe's career to date is better than that. If we look up what Kobe's done, it's better flat out. That's what undisputed means. Were going off facts. No room for error.

5 time NBA champ.
16x all star
11x all nba first team
career 26 ppg avg

Now lets add all his records.

9 straight 40 point games (tied MJ)
13 straight 35 point games
4 straight 50 point games
Most 3's in a game 12 (tied Donyell Marshal)
Most points in a half 55
Outscore entire team through 3 quarters Kobe 62 vs Mavs 61
81 point game
Most points MSG by visiting team 61, Melo broke the overall record 62.
Side note, he went to 7 finals in 10 years.

Last edited:
Kobe Bryant is also the greatest recruiter and critique of talent, I have ever seen. No one can ever deny this. He alone has made Cleveland the most glamorous destination to go and play, this side of South Beach. Who else can diss a former teammate, by elevating yet another? 
 "He's an athletic Pau Gasol. That's the best way I can put it. He can be one of the greatest power forwards who has ever played" 
Who else can ask the best big man at the time, in the game, to downgrade his game?

While the Lakers were easily the team Howard thought about most in the summer, his desire to play for the Lakers changed after a conversation with Kobe Bryant, a source said.

Howard envisioned going to the Lakers and forming a devastating one-two punch with Bryant. But Bryant had other plans for how Howard would be incorporated into the Lakers.

Bryant told Howard that he wanted him to come to Los Angeles and help him win two more championships, but not as an understudy. He wanted Howard to be the team’s third option behind himself and Pau Gasol, according to a source. Bryant tried to sell Howard on being his “Tyson Chandler” and made it clear that Los Angeles would be his, but only once Bryant decided he was done playing.
Who else would try and re recruit that big, after a season long media leak from the Black Mamba himself, by stating something like this?

"You need to learn how it's done first, and I can teach you here," Kobe reportedly said during the nearly two-hour meeting. "I know how to do it, and I've learned from the best – players who have won multiple times over and over.

"Instead of trying to do things your way, just listen and learn and tweak it, so it fits you."
He is the greatest cause of dissension I have ever seen. Bar none. 

He has taken the most glamorous franchise in the NBA, and made it on par with Cleveland.

Cleveland.

Let that roll off your lips for a minute.

Cleveland.

Nobody does it better than the Black Mamba.

That doesn't win basketball games in 2014. ISO ball doesn't work now. Maybe back in the old times but now? Nope. Unless you want to be 1-8. :lol:

That's fine. But don't bring up Duncan's longevity against Kobe's then. It's easy to not play ISO ball with a HoF system around you and the same coach for as long as duncan has. It's easy for Duncan to play "team ball" when his pg's have been Avery Johnson and Tony Parker his whole career. He's had ONE COACH his entire career. Ginobli. Case in point. He can be a team player and play late in his career because he isn't asked to do as much. Duncan hasn't been the #1 option there in quite a long time. Still a productive player indeed, but not nearly on the level of Kobe.

Duncan:

20/11/3/2/2.5
50% FG

5X Champ
3X Finals MVP
2X Season MVP
14X All-Star
10X All-NBA 1st Team
8X All-Defensive 1st Team

Top 3 career undisputed? You're smoking rocks.

This is why Kobe is overrated. Cats are caught up in the cult of Kobe.

5 time NBA champ.
16x all star
11x all nba first team
career 26 ppg avg

That his career is not undisputed top 3 and that he is overrated by too many people that think like you.

Kobe is putting up some of the best numbers of his career right now, he's only lost a but of explosiveness but he still has enough physicality to be elite for another 3 years or so.

Look at yourself.

Dude, he's in his 19th season, coming off an achilles and a broken kneecap, and you are trying to spin me he can play til he's 39, years 20-21-22 IN THE NBA.

Be real man.

If he's playing at the level that he's playing this season and slightly lower.

Definitely.

He's genetically gifted and a tireless worker with the best sports medicine at his disposal.

Why not? No one thought he could be playing at this level at this point in his career, years ago either.

Paul Pierce is 37 and still putting in work.

Last edited:

Look at yourself.

Be real man.

If he's playing at the level that he's playing this season and slightly lower.

Definitely.

Stop. Just stop. He is no where close to the player he was 2-3 years ago. 99-13 is his 15 year peak. He blew his achilles, and then his knee. He is not the same player, and never will be again.

Stop trying to use his currently tanking team, and his shell of his former self as some sort of indictment on the rest of his career. It's see through, and ESPN worthy of trolling. Which is why you bumped this old *** thread in the first place.

He's had a top 10 career, we've established that, nothing he does now changes any of that.

5 time NBA champ.
16x all star
11x all nba first team
career 26 ppg avg

Couple more all-star selections makes him better?
Welp this is easy. For one you put shaq twice.

Shaq, Russell, Wilt, Duncan, Lebron, Bird, Magic, and Hakeem,

all fall short of Kobe's career when you factor in team success, individual success, and longevity. This is isn't about your own narrative, this is about facts. What Kobe's accomplished when you factor those things in, supersede what those guys have done. All facts.
That's still 8 players

which is 3 more than you asked, and 5 more than you orginally claimed

How do they fall short? 

each player has at the minimum 2 rings and 2 finals mvps, Each have an MVP, Bird, Magic, Wilt all have multiple. 

each have played over 1,000 games which is plenty of sample size. 

I don't have any narrative. Kobe is a great player top 10 of all-time, and top 5 I've ever actually been able to see with my own eyes but to come in and he is top 3 undisputed? C'mon fam

View media item 1266015

Spreadsheet I keep. Basically the top of the top. I don't have things like All Star, or seasons, but it's about as defined as you can get without adding a billion more numbers.

This is the company he keeps. Not sure how one of them is overrated, but the rest are just fine. :lol:

......."Spreadsheet i keep"

you have got to be ******* kidding me

:lol:

ladies and gentleman
the president of the Voldermort fan club is among us!

Back
Top Bottom