IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

I'm still amazed that he hasn't figured out how to be a team player and make his teammates better.

You could say the same thing about just about every other good/great player in the NBA right now.

No you can't.

Wade, Bron, CP3 etc. have shown that they can take D-League quality teams and raise their level of play to theirs.

KOBE HAS NEVER DONE THAT. EVER.

Yes this Lakers roster is God awful but he's doing the same thing he did when he was in his physical prime, putting up 30+ to lose by 20+ points.

Last edited:
No you can't.

Wade, Bron, CP3 etc. have shown that they can take D-League quality teams and raise their level of play to theirs.

Yes this Lakers roster is God awful but he's doing the same thing he did when he was in his physical prime, putting up 30+ to lose by 20+ points.

He took a team with Chris Mihm, Smuh Parker and co. to 50 wins in an era when the Western Conference was literally packed with talent.

No you can't.

Really because Im pretty sure Lebron turned Chris Bosh into nothing but a spot up shooter as a power forward. 

No you can't.

He took a team with Chris Mihm, Smuh Parker and co. to 50 wins in an era when the Western Conference was literally packed with talent.

They only won 45 games in 05-06 and Odom put up Pippen like numbers with the Zen Master was at the helm.

No you can't.

Really because Im pretty sure Lebron turned Chris Bosh into nothing but a spot up shooter as a power forward. 

He turned him into a 2 time champ.

Everyone had to make concessions to their game to fit the Heat system.

He turned him into a 2 time champ.

Everyone had to make concessions to their game to fit the Heat system.
So how exactly did that make Bosh better?  If winning is an indicator of making someone better than wouldn't Kobe have done that?
 They only won 45 games in 05-06 and Odom put up Pippen like numbers with the Zen Master was at the helm.
Im done.....

You know LeBron played with other players beside Bosh and other teams besides the Heat right?

05-06 Odom: 15/9/5.5

90-91 Scottie: 18/7/6

You know LeBron played with other players beside Bosh and other teams besides the Heat right?

05-06 Odom: 15/9/5.5

90-91 Scottie: 18/7/6

Odom played 40 minutes a game, while Scottie was at 36.

To break that down for you, PER 36, Scottie's numbers stay basically the same, Odom goes to about 13/8/5.

Pip shot 52%
Odom 48%

And Pippen was all NBA defense 2nd team (and really should have been 1st)
Odom in his entire career, any year, never reached an All NBA defense team, 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.

You'd do well not to mention Odom and Pip in the same breath again, makes you look foolish.

And Dwayne wade got worse as well.  People were saying he was washed after last years finals.  Again, how did Lebron make Bosh better?  You said yourself they all had to make concessions.

The year Lebron took the Cavs to the finals in the east Mo Williams was putting up Magic Johnson type numbers.

Last edited:

And Dwayne wade got worse as well.  People were saying he was washed after last years finals.  Again, how did Lebron make Bosh better?  You said yourself they all had to make concessions.

The year Lebron took the Cavs to the finals in the east Mo Williams was putting up Magic Johnson type numbers.

Blocked.

Obviously I was kidding.  I don't even think Mo Williams was on that team
laugh.gif

Curious why you picked Odom at age 26, and Pippen at age 25.

Could it be because at age 26 Pip went 21/7.7/7 while shooting 50% and being all NBA 1st team defense?

You wouldn't try to pick and choose years for those reasons just to make a terrible comparison would you?

Kobe is not even trying to play real basketball.

I been a fan many years yet critical and so far this year he has yet to play legit basketball.

Curious why you picked Odom at age 26, and Pippen at age 25.

Could it be because at age 26 Pip went 21/7.7/7 while shooting 50% and being all NBA 1st team defense?

You wouldn't try to pick and choose years for those reasons just to make a terrible comparison would you?

Why are you still harping on the 2 words "Pippen like"?

Having trouble defending your ball-hogging sports idol?

I was replying to mistaken statement that Kobe took the 05/06 Lakers to a 50+ win season. That's why I picked that season from Lamar and I found a comparable season from Pip, which happened to be the season he won his first championship.

"...one of the best all-around players in Lamar Odom who can do so many things at different positions.' - Scottie Pippen

my fondest memories of Odom last season (and Pippen, throughout his career with Chicago) were of him running the offense with the superstar guard on the bench. Those second-quarter runs that Odom was a part of for the Lakers this year were absolute studies in how to play off the ball, how to make yourself a threat without the rock, and how to think team first. The triangle offense helped, no doubt, but it was Odom that made the sacrifice.

Relax. All I was referring to was his statistical versatility.

Get back to defending Mr. 30+ shots, 20+ point losses.

Last edited:

I was replying to mistaken statement that Kobe took the 05/06 Lakers to a 50+ win season. That's why I picked that season from Lamar and I found a comparable season from Pip, which happened to be the season he won his first championship.

"...one of the best all-around players in Lamar Odom who can do so many things at different positions.' - Scottie Pippen

Because it was a dumb *** comparison
laugh.gif

You have yet to tell me how Lebron made Dwayne Wade or Chris Bosh better.

Except LeBron IS that good... Kobe isn't even close.

LeBron and Shaq together would have won at least 6 rings in 8 years.

Think so too. The ego of shaq and kobe did not allow them to stay together longer in their career.
Lebron can accept to score less but kobe wanted to be out of the shadow of shaq.
kobe is a great player, no doubt.
But to claim him as the best guard ever?
Alone his stats prove that another 2 hall of famers have better numbers in fg% and ppg in career.

You know the game with 5 players on your team. He's not even trying. We know what he's capable of we seen Magic Bryant get 40+ and 14 dimes.

We also seen near triple double Kobe.

Think so too. The ego of shaq and kobe did not allow them to stay together longer in their career.
Lebron can accept to score less but kobe wanted to be out of the shadow of shaq.
kobe is a great player, no doubt.
But to claim him as the best guard ever?
Alone his stats prove that another 2 hall of famers have better numbers in fg% and ppg in career.
Or LeBron would have just bailed on Shaq after a finals loss when his contract was up like he did with the Heat.

34?
Kobe turned 36 in august. I knoe it because kobe is half year older than me XD
kobe is playing quite good except of his fg% this season so far. He was definitely better in 2013.

Correct me if im wrong.. was my post from this year?

Last edited:

Because it was a dumb *** comparison:lol:

You have yet to tell me how Lebron made Dwayne Wade or Chris Bosh better.

This isn't about LeBron. I never said he made Wade or Bosh better.

You're the one picking out 2 Gold Medal Olympians, All-Star players and HoFer's. Bron didn't need to make them better, they were already great.

Why don't you observe how he elevated the games of Varejao, Gooden, Pavlovic, Snow, Gibson, Battier, Chalmers etc. etc. etc.

How over the hill players cling to him like a remora fish, while others avoid Kobe like the plague; even though he's in the top NBA market and Max contracts are being offered.

Talk about that if you want to drag LeBron into the convo.

Last edited:
Why don't you observe how he elevated the games of Varejao, Gooden, Pavlovic, Snow, Gibson, Battier, Chalmers etc. etc. etc.
So he took spot up shooters and made them spot up shooters?
laugh.gif
  Statistically speaking Varejao got better after Lebron left. 
 How over the hill players cling to him like a remora fish, while others avoid Kobe like the plague; even though he's in the top NBA market and Max contracts are being offered.
Maybe not now but im pretty sure your Gary Paytons and Karl Malones of the world were flocking to him in his prime.  Lets see how many people follow Lebron around when he is 36 and over the hill as well.

Last edited:
Those players listed are spot up shooters?

View media item 1265187

The old heads flocked to Kobe...or Shaq, Phil and the Lakers championship machine?

One of the biggest differences between the two stars from my perspective was Michael's superior skills as a leader," Jackson said. "Though at times he could be hard on his teammates, Michael was masterful at controlling the emotional climate of the team with the power of his presence. Kobe had a long way to go before he could make that claim. He talked a good game, but he'd yet to experience the cold truth of leadership in his bones, as Michael had. - Phil Jackson

Kobe, how my a** taste? - Shaq

He told me one day at practice — I tried to talk to him outside of basketball about football. And he looked at me in practice and was dead serious and said, 'You can’t talk to me. You need more accolades under your belt before you come talk to me. - Smush Parker

Karl Malone feud.

Dwight Howard playing a single season with him and dipping. :lol:

Be real man, no one has ever wanted to play with this dude.

Some were interested in the allure of the Lakers and Phil's success but no one wanted to play with Kobe specifically. Dude gets his nose broken in All-Star games, he's a d-bag only concerned with his individual greatness.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom