IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

Magic always says Kobe is the greatest Laker ever. coming from Magic, that's huge.

Kobe is easily a top 5 player. Yes, he is prone to taking more bad shots than Jordan but we're talking about Jordan!

Imagine if MJ didn't play the game, just imagine a world without MJ... Kobe will then be the benchmark!

Magic always says Kobe is the greatest Laker ever. coming from Magic, that's huge.

Kobe is easily a top 5 player. Yes, he is prone to taking more bad shots than Jordan but we're talking about Jordan!

Imagine if MJ didn't play the game, just imagine a world without MJ... Kobe will then be the benchmark!
Magic is a commentator that has a product to sell. Only a person with two senses would really believe that, behind closed doors, Magic Johnson thinks that Kobe Bryant is a better basketball player than himself or Kareem.

The most disrespected great in any sport. Love him or you hate him, I think to this point theres no way of persuading any Kobe hater to admit he was/is that good. Same with LeBron /thread

The most disrespected great in any sport. Love him or you hate him, I think to this point theres no way of persuading any Kobe hater to admit he was/is that good. Same with LeBron /thread
Except LeBron IS that good... Kobe isn't even close.

LeBron and Shaq together would have won at least 6 rings in 8 years.

Except LeBron IS that good... Kobe isn't even close.

LeBron and Shaq together would have won at least 6 rings in 8 years.

So you're telling me Bron Bron and Shaq would of won in 96-98 over Jordan and the Bulls? Tim Duncan, the Admiral and a deep Spurs team in 99? Nah 6 chips in 8 years is reaching even with LeBron. Same logic I posted earlier...how is Kobe "not even close" to LBJ :lol:

No matter what you say haters gonna hate.

This is what happens when some kids thought the current Kobe plays like this compared to from years ago :lol:

I mean dude is playing very efficient this year at age of 34 and we still getting this kind of thread ... SMH

34?
Kobe turned 36 in august. I knoe it because kobe is half year older than me XD
kobe is playing quite good except of his fg% this season so far. He was definitely better in 2013.

HEAVY sarcasm present

This is what happens when some kids thought the current Kobe plays like this compared to from years ago
laugh.gif

I mean dude is playing very efficient this year at age of 34 and we still getting this kind of thread ... SMH
34?
Kobe turned 36 in august. I knoe it because kobe is half year older than me XD
kobe is playing quite good except of his fg% this season so far. He was definitely better in 2013.
But if you look at his FG% and factor in the times he bailed out his hapless teammates... and factor in the times he just HAD to take shots w/ 4 defenders in his face... and you factor in that sometimes everyone misses a shot here and there... and THEN if you realize that everyone else who has a FG% just shoots wide open jumpers with the shot clock at 18... and THEEEEEENNNNN if you realize that being 3 or 4 o4 5 percentage points away from someone else isn't really THAT big of a difference...

... then he's the greatest shooter ever.

Would help if you took away all his Tuesday bricks, too. Just because it's Tuesday, and Tuesdays really don't serve a purpose.

Last edited:
HEAVY sarcasm present
But if you look at his FG% and factor in the times he bailed out his hapless teammates... and factor in the times he just HAD to take shots w/ 4 defenders in his face... and you factor in that sometimes everyone misses a shot here and there... and THEN if you realize that everyone else who has a FG% just shoots wide open jumpers with the shot clock at 18... and THEEEEEENNNNN if you realize that being 3 or 4 o4 5 percentage points away from someone else isn't really THAT big of a difference...

Would help if you took away all his Tuesday bricks, too. Just because it's Tuesday, and Tuesdays really don't serve a purpose.
3 or 4 or 5 percentage points?

lolwut...

we're talking about hundreds of shots.

300 basis points is a lot, bruh.

Kobe at year 19 putting up double the PPG of anyone playing just as long.

This is by far the worst Laker team I've ever seen.

I am literally stunned at what he's currently doing.

His usage rate, right now, at 36, 19 years in, coming off a major injury, is better than the usage record he set the year he averaged 35.4ppg 4.5apg 5.3rpg.

Amazing. The ability to be that aggressive without suffering another major injury is astounding.

Last edited:
HEAVY sarcasm present

3 or 4 or 5 percentage points?

lolwut...

we're talking about hundreds of shots.

300 basis points is a lot, bruh.
I think you missed the point of this post

No, you can not.

You can say that about every player who continues to jack up shots, and has a HISTORY of teammates and coaches who have expressed frustration with that player's refusal to buy into team concepts and foster a 'we' environment.

You can say that about every player in the league who fits THAT description. But every player? Every great player? Every superstar?

No.

Back
Top Bottom