IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

Yeah, he's not better than Michael Jordan, so he must be "overrated". :rofl: :rofl:

But you right, he has spoken.

Phil Jackson ‏@PhilJackson11 4h Listen friends of bball; don’t get hung up on words. I was most fortunate to have the chance to coach two of the greatest guards. EVER MJ/Kobe

Wow Kobe is so overrated I mean seriously

Dude sucks

Horrible

I can score 81 points
I can win 5 titles

Dude is a joke just a damn let down.

Lakers made a terrible trade with the Hornets

Yeah, he's not better than Michael Jordan, so he must be "overrated".
roll.gif
roll.gif

But you right, he has spoken.
Phil Jackson ‏@PhilJackson11 4h Listen friends of bball; don’t get hung up on words. I was most fortunate to have the chance to coach two of the greatest guards. EVER MJ/Kobe
Kobe Bryant ‏@kobebryant 9m

The comparisons are #apples2oranges Wonder what the perception would be if MJ played wit @shaq instead #differentroles #differentcareerpaths

thought this thread was dead but i see with phils book coming out, it will start up all over again. i am personally looking forward to reading that book. a thread should be made about it.

thought this thread was dead but i see with phils book coming out, it will start up all over again. i am personally looking forward to reading that book. a thread should be made about it.
when does the book come out? i really enjoyed his last one

The comparisons are #apples2oranges Wonder what the perception would be if MJ played wit @shaq instead #differentroles #differentcareerpaths

I laughed at that tweet.

Since he played 9 years wthout Shaq more than half of his career.

He had the same role as MJ when Shaq left and didnt make the playoffs.

Compare MJ's 7th year and beyond to Kobe's 7th year and beyond when they had "similar roles"

MJ won 6.....Kobe won 2

See what I mean.

If rings are the measure of great you are as a player then....Robert Horry, Steve Kerr and KC Jones are top 10 all time players. If its scoring then Wilt is the undisputed GOAT and no one else is even close.
Kobe is the second best SG ever, no question about it.

But Jordan transcended the game and redefined that position. SG has not been the most important piece to a championship team since before or after Jordan.

He's not better than MJ (of course) but he's not better than players like Hakeem either, son is barely top 5 best Lakers players, much less top 5/10 all time player.

Elgin Baylor averaged almost 40 points and 20 rebounds and 5 assist in 1 season. Kareem, Magic, Shaq, Jerry West....

Hakeem won 2 chips as the undisputed leader of his team against tough comp and averaged 26 pts, 13 rebounds, 4 blocks and 2 steals....no flaws in dudes game.

Tim Duncan?

Kobe is top 15/20

But damn sure not top 5 like a lot of people make him out to be.
True knowledge, it's just facts!

I laughed at that tweet.

Compare MJ's 7th year and beyond to Kobe's 7th year and beyond when they had "similar roles"

MJ won 6.....Kobe won 2
zzzzzzzzz.

I laughed at that tweet.

MJ won 6.....Kobe won 2
so around the time Jordan GOT his help compared to the time Kobe LOST his...yes very strong logic in you

so around the time Jordan GOT his help compared to the time Kobe LOST his...yes very strong logic in you
Water yew talking about?

Kobe said being that he played with Shaq his role was different than Jordans. Shaq left so now his role is similar to Jordans.

What help are you talking about anyway? Phil & Pippen were around before his 7th year when they started winning.

Kobe had already been on 3 championship teams by his 7th year so you would think keeping the streak going with a similar role to Jordan wouldnt be that difficult RIght? :nerd:

Water yew talking about?

Kobe said being that he played with Shaq his role was different than Jordans. Shaq left so now his role is similar to Jordans.

What help are you talking about anyway? Phil & Pippen were around before his 7th year when they started winning.

Kobe had already been on 3 championship teams by his 7th year so you would think keeping the streak going with a similar role to Jordan wouldnt be that difficult RIght? :nerd:
You compared what he did in the same role. Jordan just so happened to have recently gotten Pip and Phil while Kobe LOST his best teammate. So how is the comparison of missing the playoffs and only getting two rings even fathomable? Its not. Sure he didn't have the same role with Shaq but you can't be serious with the comparison you just attempted.

So much new insight. Props, gents.
nthat.gif

Bunch of dudes insisting the other party say uncle.

"He's not overrated! Say it! Say uncle!"

"Is so! Phil said so! Say uncle!"

"That's not what Phil said! He's not overrated! SSAAAYYY ITTT!!! SAAAY UNCCLE!!!"

"HE IS TOOOO!!!! SAY HE'S OVERRATED!!! SAAAY ITTT!!!"

Tolerance of the arbitrary is difficult, I know.

You compared what he did in the same role. Jordan just so happened to have recently gotten Pip and Phil while Kobe LOST his best teammate. So how is the comparison of missing the playoffs and only getting two rings even fathomable? Its not. Sure he didn't have the same role with Shaq but you can't be serious with the comparison you just attempted.
s.

This. Its an absolutely terrible comparison. MJ isn't winning a ring with Kwame Brown and Luke Walton starting games either. ****. When Kobe finally got a decent roster he went to 3 straight finals and won back to back titles.

Back
Top Bottom