IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

[quote name="Iamjusayn"][quote name="Nako XL"]truth be told, if you'd put T-Mac or Vince on thos 90s Bulls teams with Pippen, Phil, and that roster I'm not sure they don't win at least 6.  Maybe they lose in 98, but that's it.

I know for a fact Kidd with the type of numbers he put up on a team of nobodies would have won at least 6 if you swapped him out for Jordan.

It's not like their scoring would take a dip, and with how bad Jordan's shooting and turnover numbers were, the Bulls might even have been BETTER with T-Mac or Paul Pierce there.

Imagine if Lebron had been lucky enough to play with those teams early in his career :x
This is either enormous sarcasm or enormous trolling. If its the latter, there is no way you can troll any harder than this.

Real talk[/quote]He's trolling. :lol: I've mentioned every one of those players over the years when talking about Kobe, so instead of actually posting something... anything... intelligent as a rebuttal, he went w/ that crap. :lol:[/quote]

Holy oh my God. I honestly missed that post. :lol:

I am freaking pissed I never thought of that. :rofl: That is classic Ska, come on. Give it up, that was well done and you know it. :lol:

I need to find it so I can rep it, that was clever as hell.

[quote name="CP"]Someone hacked Trust, had to of. He's better than this. :lol:

He said this
Also, at least Shaq goes on to win rings with these "top" players whereas your boy strugging to make the playoffs
Dude said ringS. :wow: :rofl:

Shaq got ONE after Kobe homie. Kobe, won ringS after Shaq. Or maybe you flashy rayed your memory or somethin to forget all that. (whoever you are usin Trust's account)[/quote] so he was wrong on the first part, but right on the second part.

Jayfiend, click on Subscriptions at the top right, once there, look at the headers above the threads on the further right one, towards the middle of the screen will be Edit my Subscriptions. You can delete old threads and such from there, including this one if you want out.

+1 thank you from the bottom of my heart!

You guys have a good time :lol:

Word.

Those championships he won in Cleveland with Lebron. :wow: :x :smokin

Obviously I was talking about the one he won with Wade but keep playing stupid although I'm sure you're not even playing.

first off i said top two 2guards of the era, so after kobe its wade, 1 and 2 best shooting guards. secondly how is kobe lucky to play with dwight? what has he done this season? bynum was better last year than dwight has been this year, wade in 06 was leaps and bounds better than dwight has been this year. you say that like kobe has not won more championships that shaq after he left the lakers

I knew you were talking about Wade but initially I thought you meant # 1 two guard like how my comparison was Shaq was THE 1 in his era and Dwight is THE 1 in this era.

And why do you keep saying Dwight? They been teammates for SIX MONTHS. And Dwight is coming off back surgery, you really think 34 year old Kobe, and back surgery Dwight is even remotely the same as what Shaq/Kobe were? Not even the same stratosphere.

Stop with these same tired *** excuses seriously. Dwight at his current state is STILL the best center in the L. Definitely good enough to make the playoffs with especially since you have the "great" "GOD" Kobe Bryant on the team. :lol:

I'm not going to lie, the only reason I even pay attention to this thread is because I posted something in it. So now I'm subscribed to it and don't know how to unsubscribe laugh.gif

But post like this piss me off.

Kobe played with Shaq and Gasol ok I get that.

But NOBODY has won an title by themselves.

Maybe dudes have won a few times without "elite" players by their side. But everybody played with players that were elite at something...

Example: since everyone is talking about MJ lets use him. Forget Scottie for a second on them teams you had a guy like Steve Kerr was he an elite player? No. But what he was elite at was shooting three's and he played his role perfect.

I use Kerr because I don't if you kids are old enough to remember Longley, kukoc, B.J , Horace and all them.

Lets fast forward to the 2007 spurs.

Was Bruce Bowen elite? No. But his defense sure was. He was elite at what he did.

And I can go on and on. Fact is a team full of Role players that do their job will beat a team of superstars that dont play team ball.

So ******g what Kobe played with Shaq. Shaq played with a top 10 SG his whole career.

It's a reason why like what 9 or 10 teams have titles in the last 23 years.

Bums don't win titles and EVERYBODY needs help.

If you critize Kobe do it for his dumb shot selection. But playing with Shaq is and will always be a BS point.

Finally, someone that is really trying to have a convo. Alright, done messing with the trolls. Not sure why you quoted me but basically the ONLY reason I brought up Kobe's "teammates" was cause dudes in here were acting like Kobe would be undefeated with MJ's "superior" talent as if Kobe hasn't been JUST as blessed. That's really all that was.

[quote name="CP"]Someone hacked Trust, had to of. He's better than this. :lol:

He said this
Also, at least Shaq goes on to win rings with these "top" players whereas your boy strugging to make the playoffs
Dude said ringS. :wow: :rofl:

Shaq got ONE after Kobe homie. Kobe, won ringS after Shaq. Or maybe you flashy rayed your memory or somethin to forget all that. (whoever you are usin Trust's account)
so he was wrong on the first part, but right on the second part.[/quote]

Yes, 9 years later, Kobe is struggling to make the playoffs. He sucks so bad.

9 years later, Shaq couldn't even play in the NBA anymore, his whole legacy is forever tarnished now.

:lol:

might not be for this thread but dwight howard is not the best center in the NBA this year. people were talking about how he shouldnt be on the allstar team a few months ago

For a second there i thought y

For a second there, I thought you guys were good with sarcasm
no, i wasnt being sarcastic you honestly are the only person that has said that

just admit that you're kobe's #1 fan already
I was being sarcastic, I guess you couldn't tell

It would take a impossible amount of effort from me to pry that title out of you Lakers fans hands/mouth.

Last edited:
[quote name="CP"]Yes, 9 years later, Kobe is struggling to make the playoffs. He sucks so bad.

9 years later, Shaq couldn't even play in the NBA anymore, his whole legacy is forever tarnished now.

:lol:[/quote] You might have revised history in your mind to where this is the first time Kobe has struggled to make the playoffs, but actual history books say otherwise.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by CP
Someone hacked Trust, had to of. He's better than this. laugh.gif

He said this
Quote:
Dude said ringS. eek.gifroll.gif

Shaq got ONE after Kobe homie. Kobe, won ringS after Shaq. Or maybe you flashy rayed your memory or somethin to forget all that. (whoever you are usin Trust's account)
so he was wrong on the first part, but right on the second part.

CP, you misread. When i meant RINGS with these "top" players, I was referring to Kobe and Wade because that's who the guy I quoted was referring to. So yes, ringS, plural.

For a second there i thought y

For a second there, I thought you guys were good with sarcasm
no, i wasnt being sarcastic you honestly are the only person that has said that

just admit that you're kobe's #1 fan already
I was being sarcastic, I guess you couldn't tell

It would take a impossible amount of effort from me to pry that title out of you Lakers fans hands/mouth.

Prove it.

How in the blue hell is 6 months a tired excuse? IT"S TRUE man. You keep saying Kobe's been fortunate to have the TWO best centers in his career, he's been with Dwight for a whopping 6 whole months. Not seasons, MONTHS.

How is that an excuse? What should they have by now, 4 titles? Should Kobe and Dwight be the new MJ and Scottie, IN SIX MONTHS?

If/when they play together 3-4 years, THEN you can include Dwight, with Shaq in Kobe's career.

Lemme ask you, do you include Penny, Kobe, Wade, LEBRON in Shaq's career? :nerd: Ya know, since Shaq played one whole season with Lebron, same as Kobe and Dwight now, right? :nerd:

You don't mind that Shaq was 37 do you? They still played together, so ya know......

Originally Posted by CP
Someone hacked Trust, had to of. He's better than this. laugh.gif

He said this
Quote:
Dude said ringS. eek.gifroll.gif

so he was wrong on the first part, but right on the second part.

CP, you misread. When i meant RINGS with these "top" players, I was referring to Kobe and Wade because that's who the guy I quoted was referring to. So yes, ringS, plural.

Ok, I can see what you mean that way then, my bad misreading.

you might have revised history in your mind to where this is the first time Kobe has struggled to make the playoffs, but actual history books say otherwise.
05-07 were rebuilding years for us where as shaq went to a miami team that was built to contend for a title. is there anyone actually disappointed that we didnt win a title after shaq left? (before we got gasol)

He's trolling. :lol: I've mentioned every one of those players over the years when talking about Kobe, so instead of actually posting something... anything... intelligent as a rebuttal, he went w/ that crap. :lol:

Lol man that Kidd line took the cake! Smh

Blasphemy on steroids

Last edited:
waits for quik to randomly come in talking about how kobe fans think that kobe's apex > shaqs

[quote name="CP"]Yes, 9 years later, Kobe is struggling to make the playoffs. He sucks so bad.

You might have revised history in your mind to where this is the first time Kobe has struggled to make the playoffs, but actual history books say otherwise.[/quote]

Nothing is revised in this brain, we had this same discussion just a few days ago in the Laker thread.

Multiple, as in, more than me, mentioned and pointed out that season you refer to. And the reasoning behind which everything happened. It was spelled out pretty clearly in there, how that team missed more games than even this team has. Chucky Atkins was the only Laker to make it 80 games. Everyone else was in and out. Butler only missed 5, he was like the team leader after Atkins. Kobe, LO, Grant, Divac, George, hell even Luke Walton all missed games. Lots of games. They were 32-29 and in the hunt, even better than this year's team in fact, and went on to win 3 more games the rest of the year. Again, you need not take my word for it, just check a few pages back in the team thread, it's all in there.

Shaq's apex > Kobe's. Kobe's longevity > Shaq's. two guys can BOTH be great.

I might need your help here, stay with me a minute.

Everyone, don't blow up. Stay cool. This is a legit, honest question, no one go crazy. Think, and speak honestly.

All the jokes the last few pages, everyone trolling around, here's a real one.

Take Mike, PRIME Mike, and drop him in LA 2000-02 with Shaq. PRIME Shaq.

Does Shaq drive the bus, or does Mike? IE, Finals MVP with Shaq and Mike, would Mike still get all the hardware, or does Shaq?

93 Mike on 2000 LA with Shaq.

What do you guys think?

I kind of think Mike would get or even average triple doubles, but Shaq would still be in the 30/14/4 range, Mike's points would come down, but his other numbers would go, Rondoish type 24/12/13 type averages. I'm talkin 93 Mike, not 98. By then he was fading (for him) as a player, but that Suns series, Mike was flat out stupid.

Ska, Allen, Trust, Nako, quik, what do you guys think? In real terms, what would that combo look like, numbers wise?

Back
Top Bottom