IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

He also has the most MISSED SHOTS in nba HISTORY

Hey is that for real? If so, my goodness!

How many of you all (fans n non bryant fans) truly feel that he knows when all these milestones are coming close n sets out to break them like for example Wilt's scoring record?

I honestly don't think he will retire until he gets 6 rings even if he has to join another contending team to do so. His excuse will be "even MJ joined another team or other greats have like Shaq" simply because if he fails this season and next he will come to his senses of "man ok I'm not the man anymore but imma get at least 6 rings no doubt" since he knows he is not even clear cut seen as better than magic at this point. The guy is seriously silly to me. I wish he wld just hoop n be great at it n not be so corny like emulating other grown men and disregarding his team for personal accolades.

He also has the most MISSED SHOTS in nba HISTORY
Hey is that for real? If so, my goodness!

How many of you all (fans n non bryant fans) truly feel that he knows when all these milestones are coming close n sets out to break them like for example Wilt's scoring record?

I honestly don't think he will retire until he gets 6 rings even if he has to join another contending team to do so. His excuse will be "even MJ joined another team or other greats have like Shaq" simply because if he fails this season and next he will come to his senses of "man ok I'm not the man anymore but imma get at least 6 rings no doubt" since he knows he is not even clear cut seen as better than magic at this point. The guy is seriously silly to me. I wish he wld just hoop n be great at it n not be so corny like emulating other grown men and disregarding his team for personal accolades.
You're a mind reader.

So he hasn't taken the most shots or made the most shots but he's missed the most shots in the history of the NBA?

That's just nuts.

Last edited:
No it isn't.

It's also misleading.

Kobe is the all time leader in misses because the stat counts playoff games.

In regular season misses he's third all time behind Jordan and Elvin Hayes. 

The reason he's #1 in overall misses all time is because he's played 17 seasons and been deep in the playoffs in almost every single one of them.  Be the #1 or 2 option for 15+ seasons and you'll take a lot of shots.

Lenny Wilkens is also the losingest coach in NBA history.

Last edited:
No it isn't.

It's also misleading.

The reason he's #1 in overall misses all time is because he's played 17 seasons and been deep in the playoffs in almost every single one of them.  Be the #1 or 2 option for 15+ seasons and you'll take a lot of shots.

Whoever came up with that stat is obviously a Kobe hater. All jokes aside

No it isn't.

It's also misleading.

You have an excuse for every single deficiency in Kobe's game.

Last edited:
No it isn't.

It's also misleading.

You have an excuse for every single deficiency in Kobe's game.
I knew there was a reason I had you blocked.

I have an excuse for every single deficiency in Kobe's game.  Deficiency?  A stat that Michael Jordan is also #1 in?  You think it's an excuse because basic logic escapes you.

Please.  Actually contribute to this thread or off yourself.

Last edited:
Blocked me but still responded :smokin

You brought up last second shot clock heaves as to why Kobe has never shot 47% for season. Yeah, it had nothing to do with his shotjacking, taking contested jumpers with 15+ seconds left on the shot clock for much of his career.

" Oh, he played 17 season as the number 1 or 2 option, thats why he has so many missed shots, nothing to do with his shot selection or fg%"

"Kobe didnt miss the most in the history of the NBA because playoffs dont count. Playoffs have nothing to do with the history of the NBA"

Theres no point in me pointing out any negative aspects of Kobes game cause you probably already have an excuse as to why and will probably bring up another great player that has nothing to do with this Kobe thread.

A.  Anti-Kobe posters continually list the names and stats of other great players and Clyde Drexler to discredit Kobe.  But when I mention that Jordan is the regular season leader in all time missed field goals, he and other players have nothing to do with this thread?

B.  When someone makes a point as to why Kobe is overrated, I'm not supposed to counter that exact point?  I'm supposed to accept it as authoritative fact and move on?  On a discussion board?  In a thread whose title has a question mark in it?  You don't know what the word "debate" means.

C.  *reblocks baything*

No one ever said Kobe was the Regular Season all time leader in missed FGs. Kobe has missed the most fgs in the history of the NBA. Thats the truth. " Oh, but thats including playoffs" If that makes you feel better, then fine.

Guy took the first article on missed shots on google and used it as his counter argument. Even used the same coaching example in Lenny Wilkins. From LakersNation none the less. :smokin

^So if you wanna only accept things absolutely, I take it you also discredit Jordan for having the most misses in regular season history? And Favre must be overrated because he has the record for most INT in NFL history? Or do you only pick and choose those stats to discredit players you don't like?

^So if you wanna only accept things absolutely, I take it you also discredit Jordan for having the most misses in regular season history? And Favre must be overrated because he has the record for most INT in NFL history? Or do you only pick and choose those stats to discredit players you don't like?

You know the answer to all these questions homie. :lol:

if you don't like someone's response, it's not a rule that you respond to them and tell them how much you don't like their response. Just... keep scroling. That is an option. It's a great option, actually. :lol:

it has already been mentioned in this thread before that Kobe is the all time leader in misses. Yes, that can be attributed to his deep playoff runs over 17 years, but the response to that justification is... Why is he not also the all time leader in shot attempts, then? or shots made? if it stands to reason that he has missed more shots than everyone else because of the playoff runs, then it should also stand to reason that he has made and taken more shots than everyone else because of the playoff runs... but all 3 of those things is not true. The only 1 of them that's true, is that he has missed more shots than everyone else.

Last edited:
had no idea jordan holds the record for most misses in the regular season? thanks. you learn something new everyday :lol:

thats crazy considering he had a rather shorter nba career and played less games than kobe chucking ***

kobe is great. not overrated. but he gets annoying when he chucks during crucial games.

problem with him is he thinks he cant miss.

so i dont think hes selfish or a ball hog as most haters would say he just thinks he will never miss.

and if he did it for the fame he wouldnt shoot as much because he knows the consequences if he misses.

if you don't like someone's response, it's not a rule that you respond to them and tell them how much you don't like their response. Just... keep scroling. That is an option. It's a great option, actually.
laugh.gif

it has already been mentioned in this thread before that Kobe is the all time leader in misses. Yes, that can be attributed to his deep playoff runs over 17 years, but the response to that justification is... Why is he not also the all time leader in shot attempts, then? or shots made? if it stands to reason that he has missed more shots than everyone else because of the playoff runs, then it should also stand to reason that he has made and taken more shots than everyone else because of the playoff runs... but all 3 of those things is not true. The only 1 of them that's true, is that he has missed more shots than everyone else.
^ because he has a "bad" shooting percentage Ska.  You know that answer.

Jordan isn't the all time regular season leader in shots attempted or made either. why is the stat only used to discredit kobe? because there's a bias and an agenda behind bringing it up in this thread.  Jordan is relevant to discredit kobe, but irrelevant when he's mentioned to show how misleading a stat is?

Can we now consider revisiting the "Michael Jordan is overrated" thread?  I'm seriously going to make it this afternoon, now.  There's more than enough evidence at this point.

And baything, i clicked your spoiler/blocked post.  to respond to your lakersnation comment: "No.  I didn't not google it.  The 'kobe is overrated because he is the all time leader in missed shots' argument has come up before.  several times.  and the answer to it will always be the same - 'ok. but jordan is the all time regular season leader in missed shots.  and lenny wilkens is the all time leader in losses.  and player x is the all time leader in *negative stat like turnovers*.  so what?  longevity will give you those bad records.'  you're not contributing anything to this thread. *insert personal attack here*"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom