IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

Anything that doesnt felate Kobe or the Lakers on this message board is considered trolling.

I'll say this if someone started a Dirk Nowitzki is overrated thread and typed something I thought was stupid my Jimmies would not be Westbrooked one bit.

Dirk IMO has proved his greatness in this league.

I believe it because I lve watched all of it. There is nothing someone on a message board can type to make me doubt it or even really bother me on the subject.

Why y'all can't get the sand of your vags on this subject just doesn't make sense.

Exactly, Dirk has proven himself. As has Kobe, yet you have people in here going all in about how much "overrated" he is, but we're the ones with sand in our vags's.

Laker fans/Kobe fans are the ones that are at fault. We're why this joint is still open 100 pages deep. :lol:

Dude there are more Lakers in this thread at this point than any others.

If the mythological Dirk Nowtizki is overrated thread existed I would make two posts in it and that's it. Yall are feeding the beast.

I stated why I thought he was overrated and the only Lakers fan that really engaged me said Scottie Pippen the best SF of all time then when myself and others called him out on that foolishness he said I was stuck in my argument. :lol:

Last edited:
yup, shaq won championships the first year he was given control over the lakers. jordan won championships the first year he was given control over the bulls. ONLY kobe has had sub par seasons (talking about wins) when playing with a bunch of scrubs
I'm not even talking about Kobe being able to or not being able to win a championship those years with those "scrub" players as you and others have eluded to.  Personally, I don't even hold the lack of championships those years against Kobe, strictly from a winning a championship standpoint.  I'm talking about just being competitive and at least being of of the best teams in your conference during that timeframe, which they or Kobe wasn't apart of. 

I expect a so called Top 5 GOAT player to at least have his team in contention, particularly a great player that is in his prime.  I expect a so called Top 5 GOAT player to not quit of his team during a game, I expect a so called Top 5 GOAT player to get his teammates more involved and help improve their game.  I expect a Top 5 GOAT player to take more responsibility for his teams failures or short-comings.  I expect a Top 5 GOAT player to win more than just 1 MVP.  Again, these are all things that I expect from a Top 5 GOAT player, so I can see how or why the bar may be set a bit lower for the rest of your dudes and your expectations of somebody. 

Last edited:
I don't need to stalk you, Your stupidly Stands Out

don't have anyone on ignore. That's doing too much

Last edited:
From what I understood the Bulls collapse was a domino effect that started with Phil.

Phil was like I'm a chill in the desert with no socks on and smoke peyote.

Jordan was like if you done I'm done.

Pippen was like well Mike if you done I ain't gonna try to carry this **** again.

I watched Jordan so miss me with that. This thread is not about that.

Shaq and Kobe were known to have a long standing feud. Kobe knew he wasn't the Alpha on the Lakers so he demanded Shaq be traded. Kobe being the younger of the 2 Lakers decided to ride with him. But that's not how it had to play out. Kobe could've not been a little *****, sucked it up, accepted his Robin roll for a few more years, until Shaq handed over the torch to Kobe.

Were gonna pretend like Kobe wasn't asking to be traded when he couldn't carry the weight of the team?

Did you not see when Kobe admitted he gave up on the team and was about to be traded to Detroit? Until he saw JB on his deathbed?

Kobe fans give Kobe wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too much credit for the first 3 rings. On some 1a 1b ****.

I acknowledge Kobe's 2 rings post Shaq were earned and deserved. But was Pau not argued as the best PF in the game at the time?

Kobe Bryant isn't overrated as a defender? He was the best defending shooting guard EVERY year he was first team all defensive?

Does Kobe Bryant not shoot his team into some losses as well as wins?

See the difference between you and me is As much as i hate Kobe i can admit he's top 2-3 shooting guard ever.

You however love him so much that can't see any of his faults.

He IS NOT top 5

Don't you agree whenever people refer to Kobe's 5 rings he's over credited as if he lead the team for a majority of them?

He is not Greatest Laker of all time

magic, shaq, kareem all have good arguments kobe is at best 2nd greatest regardless of what Magic had to say

From what I understood the Bulls collapse was a domino effect that started with Phil.

Pippen was like well Mike if you done I ain't gonna try to carry this **** again.

Shaq and Kobe were known to have a long standing feud. Kobe knew he wasn't the Alpha on the Lakers so he demanded Shaq be traded. Kobe being the younger of the 2 Lakers decided to ride with him. But that's not how it had to play out. Kobe could've not been a little *****, sucked it up, accepted his Robin roll for a few more years, until Shaq handed over the torch to Kobe.

Were gonna pretend like Kobe wasn't asking to be traded when he couldn't carry the weight of the team?

Did you not see when Kobe admitted he gave up on the team and was about to be traded to Detroit? Until he saw JB on his deathbed?

Kobe fans give Kobe wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too much credit for the first 3 rings. On some 1a 1b ****.

I acknowledge Kobe's 2 rings post Shaq were earned and deserved. But was Pau not argued as the best PF in the game at the time?

Kobe Bryant isn't overrated as a defender? He was the best defending shooting guard EVERY year he was first team all defensive?

See the difference between you and me is As much as i hate Kobe i can admit he's top 2-3 shooting guard ever.

He IS NOT top 5

Don't you agree whenever people refer to Kobe's 5 rings he's over credited as if he lead the team for a majority of them?

magic, shaq, kareem all have good arguments kobe is at best 2nd greatest regardless of what Magic had to say

Repped

Last edited:
Lebron is overrated
Chamberlain bird magic russel all these guys are overrated.

:rofl:

I hate this thread.

That's the team that Kobe wanted.  So at the end of the day Kobe got the team and the team captain position that he wanted, and he wasn't able to handle it.  For a guy who is "suppose" to be one of the Top 5 greatest of all-time :smile:rolleyes ), he certainly didn't get the job done.  

He IS NOT top 5

I have been a lakers fan my whole life and I have honestly never met another lakers fan that has refused to admit any of kobes faults. What you guys don't seem to understand is that there is no reason for a lakers/kobe fan to bring up his short comings in a thread like this. It's kind of funny that by creating this thread you guys are pretty much asking kobe fans to come and defend him which further reinforces how overrated you think he is.

You are, you know why?

BOTH YOU AND DEUCE KEEP SAYING TOP ******G 5?

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

DO YOU SEE ME SAYING TOP 5?

You two are MAKING UP ARGUMENTS about stuff that I haven't even said. I said CLEARLY, MULTIPLE TIMES, 6-10, you could argue 11, 12, whatever. I have said that 19 times in this thread.

YOU TWO, keep saying top 5. Not me, YOU.

But yeah, you ain't trollin. :lol:

SneakerPro, man, come on, XL is NOT a Laker fan. The one talkin about Pippen GOAT SF is a Knicks man bro, stop calling him a Laker fan.

You're lying.

You are IGNORING the FACT, that the Lakers would have had to PAY Shaq a TON of money for another few years. WHY ARE YOU IGNORING THAT?

And Kobe didn't ask to be traded cuz he couldn't handle carrying the team, he asked to be traded because the team was taking (in his opinion) too long to get on track. He didn't want a long term plan, he wanted a NOW plan. He didn't know that Bynum was coming up. That Fish would be available. That Ariza deal was coming 4 months later, and Pau right after that.

Again, you ignore that, so you can make it all on Kobe, and none of it on the front office.

BTW, Phil BACKED KOBE. He agreed with Kobe, and told him to calm down, he would talk to the FO. And that's what happened.

in shooting guards all time I rank the mamba at number 3 ( **&$ D-wade) and all time players

All time players top 5

Yup i have a conflicting point of view than yours so I'm a troll. You're not biased at all.

Last edited:
You are, you know why?

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

DO YOU SEE ME SAYING TOP 5?

You two are MAKING UP ARGUMENTS about stuff that I haven't even said. I said CLEARLY, MULTIPLE TIMES, 6-10, you could argue 11, 12, whatever. I have said that 19 times in this thread.

YOU TWO, keep saying top 5. Not me, YOU.

But yeah, you ain't trollin. :lol:

SneakerPro, man, come on, XL is NOT a Laker fan. The one talkin about Pippen GOAT SF is a Knicks man bro, stop calling him a Laker fan.

You really want me to go through this tgread and quote everytime someone says he's top 5?

When did I say you specifically said he's top 5? Never.

See according to you Kobe has never done wrong, all you do is keep defending him for everything.

"It's not Kobe's fault he missed all those bad shot over 3 defenders, the wind was blowing too hard"

:rolleyes

Last edited:
Yup i have a conflicting point of view than yours so I'm a troll. You're not biased at all.

You are a troll though. I can't explain it to you...it's just who you are.

It's like trying to explain the color blue to a blind person. You know how hard that is?

You are, you know why?

CP1708, when did I say you had Kobe as Top 5??  That's clearly me pointing that out to people that have suggested Kobe as Top 5.  As far as you go champ, if it doesn't apply...........let it fly. 

See according to you Kobe has never done wrong, all you do is keep defending him for everything.

"It's not Kobe's fault he missed all those bad shot over 3 defenders, the wind was blowing too hard"

For how much you seem to like the lakers thread "pls unban me pls!!!!1" you must not read any of the posts there, people talk about kobes shot selection and lazy defense every game. It's not what kobe fans think of kobe that makes him overrated to you, its what you think kobe fans think of kobe.

For how much you seem to like the lakers thread "pls unban me pls!!!!1" you must not read any of the posts there, people talk about kobes shot selection and lazy defense every game. It's not what kobe fans think of kobe that makes him overrated to you, its what you think kobe fans think of kobe.

:wow: Holy damn!!!!!! *insert clapping gif* Repped, I'd bake you some cookies if I knew how.

:lol:

:stoneface: troll

That's not my opinion; that's factual. for the accolades that you guys want him to be credited for, the fact that the only 2 times we really have had to rely on him and just him for different reasons, lead to us being a cellar dweller... I mean... *shrug*
Ska.

If the Lakers have all the injury problems they have right now, but somehow this season they're the 3rd or 4th seed instead of the 8th, does Kobe get any credit for carrying the team?

Would you be saying "we really had to rely on him and just him this year" or does the argument turn into what it has been in the rest of this thread: "Meh, Kobe doesn't deserve any credit, he had a ridiculous supporting cast"?

*Blocks lugaw, HPV, and various other trolls*

Nako, clearly if we were in the #1-2 seed right now, with a healthy cast, Kobe would be riding along with the best supporting cast ever.

The fact that Dwight, Nash, Pau etc were injured, and Kobe played one of his finest seasons ever, in year 17, simply means that now we had to rely on him, and he couldn't carrry us, thus, Jason Kidd would have been good enough to carry us, and make us the better basketball team.

You must see that Nako. It's clear as day. We rely on Kobe, THIS season, and he's failed us.
Just as we relied on him that other year, and we didn't make the playoffs then either.

All the other years, we didn't rely on him. Clearly you see that.

I do.

Kidd tho. :lol:

lol @ dudes in here crying for access to the laker team season thread

props to all the laker/kobe haters who havent been banned in the season thread yet. it means you actually can read and follow rules

Back
Top Bottom